• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I feel attacked. :D
    Haha, why???

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I read an article years ago about the skyrocketing cost of a college education. It was due to too many administrators. Guys like diversity and inclusion officers. We seem to have a lot of assistant ADs too.

When I was at WT we were treated like adults and the school expected us to act appropriately.
      Diversity & inclusion.....SMDH. America has gone nuts.

I laugh at the number of asst ad's. When I was in school, we had ONE assistant ad.

Cut every university staff in half. Cut all govt agency's staff in half. AND require the remaining staff to actually WORK!!!! I know.....foreign concept.

Comment

• CSU Pueblo is now looking for a new HC. Wristen just stepped down to be an advisor. CSU Pueblo Head Football Coach, John Wristen, Announces Retirement and New Role as Athletics Development and External Relations Officer | | CSU-Pueblo
        Last edited by Packfootball; 12-13-2022, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• It’s on UN Kearney’s website. Josh Lynn is leaving to be the new HC at WT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Could be why they made a coaching change? I guess I'm not understanding. The coach didn't win enough games. He got fired. Is that not what WT was supposed to do? So you pick another coach, he either performs or he gets fired. Nothing real magical or mysterious here. Nesbitt was hired two weeks before the season. Were there really any other options? Hunter Hughes was hired off of a D2 national championship team. Was that not a logical choice? Were the men's basketball coach and volleyball coach not assistants at other good programs? I guess I'm lost.
            B-I-N-G-O

Y-A-H-T-Z-E-E

WE HAVE A WINNER 🏆

Comment

• It's Josh Lynn:

By Mason Kern
              Published: Dec. 13, 2022 at 4:20 PM CST|Updated: 1 hour agoKEARNEY, Neb. (Press Release) - University of Nebraska at Kearney head football coach Josh Lynn announced today that he’s leaving the program to join West Texas A&M University.

Lynn has led the Lopers since 2017, compiling a 33-25 record during that time, not including the unofficial 2020 season. UNK won the Mineral Water Bowl in 2019 and reached the second round of the NCAA Division II playoffs in 2021. This year’s team went 8-3.

Located in Canyon, West Texas A&M is a Division II school competing in the Lone Star Conference. The Buffaloes went 5-6 this season.

“This is a hard day for Loper football because coach Lynn means so much to us,” said UNK Director of Athletics Marc Bauer. “Josh helped elevate our program and built it into a nationally ranked playoff team. He grew fan interest and community support and positively impacted Loper football and our student-athletes in countless ways.”

Lynn met with players and staff this afternoon to share his decision. UNK will begin an immediate national search for his replacement.

“We will move quickly in hiring a new coach, and I am confident we will find an accomplished coach who will continue our Loper football tradition of success,” said Bauer.

A native of Eunice, New Mexico, and an Eastern New Mexico University graduate, Lynn served as the head football coach at his alma mater and New Mexico Military Institute before joining UNK.

His Loper teams showed steady improvement, with the 2021 squad going 10-3 and posting the third double-digit win total in school history. Quarterback TJ Davis was runner-up for the 2021 Harlon Hill Trophy, awarded to the Division II player of the year, and he’s a finalist for the award again this season.

During his playing days, Lynn was a two-time first-team all-conference tight end who helped Eastern New Mexico win back-to-back division titles.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

So does the RMAC. Just sayin'.
                Also a fact, has nothing to do with WT and the fact that they should be able to compete in a now very weak LSC even if they aren't fully funded, but yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Also a fact, has nothing to do with WT and the fact that they should be able to compete in a now very weak LSC even if they aren't fully funded, but yes.
                  Right. I mean, CSUP did so this year in the weak RMAC. If they can do it, so can WT in tbe LSC. I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Other than the Mines @ Angelo playoff game, didn't the LSC own the RMAC this year. I certainly may be wrong.

Comment

Other than the Mines @ Angelo playoff game, didn't the LSC own the RMAC this year. I certainly may be wrong.
                      Ask Midwestern I guess?

Not really sure why you're trying to turn this into an RMAC vs LSC thing when I simply pointed out that to use not being fully funded at a program at WT as the excuse for not doing well is simply incorrect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Could be why they made a coaching change? I guess I'm not understanding. The coach didn't win enough games. He got fired. Is that not what WT was supposed to do? So you pick another coach, he either performs or he gets fired. Nothing real magical or mysterious here. Nesbitt was hired two weeks before the season. Were there really any other options? Hunter Hughes was hired off of a D2 national championship team. Was that not a logical choice? Were the men's basketball coach and volleyball coach not assistants at other good programs? I guess I'm lost.
                        You made the correlation between lower scholarships and the success of the football team which is valid but in this case WT could have overcome that this year.

Point is if the coaching staff would have made the right calls late in games they would have pulled off a playoff spot at a minimum 9-2 record regardless of the scholarships and Hughes would still be here.

In this case a pellet gun would have done the job.

Comment

Haha, why???
                          I am a government worker. Haha.

Comment

Then that defeats the entire reason for "higher education". It's a mere money machine that employs those that otherwise can't earn a living. You know, same as the government.
                            Pops this statement warms my heart....
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

You made the correlation between lower scholarships and the success of the football team which is valid but in this case WT could have overcome that this year.

Point is if the coaching staff would have made the right calls late in games they would have pulled off a playoff spot at a minimum 9-2 record regardless of the scholarships and Hughes would still be here.

In this case a pellet gun would have done the job.
                              Lower scholarships do not seem to have hampered other programs. So football needed to be fully funded to win??
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Lower scholarships do not seem to have hampered other programs. So football needed to be fully funded to win??
                                If you want to legitimately compete for regional and national championships, then yes.

I could be wrong but doubt Ferris, Grand Valley, Mines, West Florida, Valdosta, etc. are operating below 36 and if they are I would guess low 30s at minimum.

If you are happy to eek out 6th and 7th seeds some years in the playoffs for a second-round ceiling then I suppose mid 20s would be the thing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X