X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

This article was the only speculation I have seen:

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Don't know if any of the coaches they mentioned have taken jobs or have decided to stay where they currently are.
    Yeah, I read that a while ago. None of those guys have taken a job that I’ve see so I guess they could all still be candidates.

Comment

Per Cory Hogue at DCTF
      • According to sources, UTPB was scheduled to finish on Tuesday, with a decision expected soon. Finalists are rumored to include Falcons defensive coordinator Chris Mineo, East Central Oklahoma head coach Kris McCullough and WT outside linebackers coach and pass game coordinator Will Wagner. Wagner helped lead Odessa Permian to the 1991 Class 5A Division II title and was the head coach at Angelo State from 2011-2018.
      Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
        Per Cory Hogue at DCTF
        • According to sources, UTPB was scheduled to finish on Tuesday, with a decision expected soon. Finalists are rumored to include Falcons defensive coordinator Chris Mineo, East Central Oklahoma head coach Kris McCullough and WT outside linebackers coach and pass game coordinator Will Wagner. Wagner helped lead Odessa Permian to the 1991 Class 5A Division II title and was the head coach at Angelo State from 2011-2018.
        I believe a decision is being made today (Thursday).

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I believe a decision is being made today (Thursday).
          I think 2 out of those 3 applied for the WT position.

That would be great extra incentive to beat WT if they get it.

Comment

Well, they got the hiring of the tennis coach out of the way, so football has to be any day now, right?

https://utpbfalcons.com/news/2022/12...s-program.aspx
            Last edited by cwfenn; 12-22-2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

He’s done well to turn around a program that really had no reason to be good. He could do some good things at UTPB.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Assassin View Post
                  He’s done well to turn around a program that really had no reason to be good. He could do some good things at UTPB.
                  That program won 7 games the year prior. I wouldn’t call it turning it around.

Comment

UTPB announcement: https://utpbfalcons.com/news/2022/12...all-coach.aspx

TexasFootball.com article: https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Looks like a solid hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think 2 out of those 3 applied for the WT position.

That would be great extra incentive to beat WT if they get it.
                      Nah, just Wag.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

True, but they were a 2-9 or a 3-8 program. McCullough was promoted to OC in 2020 & Assistant HC in '21. He is the one who turned the program around. No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          Ouch. He was the guy I hope WT would have hired.

It might be a better situation for him since UTPB appears to be fully funded and trending up.

Maybe they will make a move to improve facilities.

Hopefully it works out for both programs as long as WT finishes 1st and UTPB 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by NattyStateFan View Post

He was the OC that year. I’m talking about since he got there in 2018 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Ouch. He was the guy I hope WT would have hired.

It might be a better situation for him since UTPB appears to be fully funded and trending up.

Maybe they will make a move to improve facilities.

Hopefully it works out for both programs as long as WT finishes 1st and UTPB 2nd.
                              How could this possibly happen with only 27 scholarships funded??

Comment

Do you think they’ll retain most of the previous staff?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X