Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    CWU needed to add a transfer QB this season. They failed to do so. They will need to add a transfer QB next season. But so many other key returners. The line on both sides will have more experience. We will see if Volk sticks around but surely he would get tons of D1 interest in the portal

Great season after those first 2 games. Proved the doubters (myself included) wrong.
    Total agree with everything you said. This CWU squad is so young the future should be bright. The RB depth could be crazy again next year depending on if those 2 seniors comeback for their Covid year. Just need to add more speed and bulk on defense hopefully with JC or transfer players. McGill showed a ton of promise during the playoff run. the kid is a gamer. I'm all for competition. You should have to earn your position. Hopefully CWU hasn't closed the door, or the opportunity they had last summer to bringing in a transfer quarterback onto campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by the tav View Post

Colorado Mines are an amazing team. How is it possible that you guys have 35 or more Seniors? That's just crazy.
      Many students take 5 years to graduate from Mines anyway with the academic load so almost all of the players redshirt. Then with the Covid year, many chose to stick around for a masters.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Many students take 5 years to graduate from Mines anyway with the academic load so almost all of the players redshirt. Then with the Covid year, many chose to stick around for a masters.
        A ton of seniors, great academics, what is going on here? I thought this was college football? Seriously, congratulations to Colorado Mines, what an awesome program and school. Hope you win it all.

Great season for Central Washington just tremendous. When I saw them in Monmouth they struggled -- though I think Volk got two picks -- so they really improved throughout the year.

Comment

• About what I expected but a great fight by CW in the first half.

Elite 8 is awesome and a great recruiting tool.

Mines vs. Harding should be a fun championship to watch.

If I werent having family come to town I would make the drive up to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            When Angelo played Mines earlier this season, Mines put up 21 pts in the 4th to win 31-21. I still scratch my head on how Angelo blew that game.
            Yeah they blew two games the the 4th quarter against CSM and UTPB. What could have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah they blew two games the the 4th quarter against CSM and UTPB. What could have been.
              I attribute that to lack of proper conditioning. And not only Angelo. I see too many players getting gassed in the 2nd half. SMDH.

My coaching philosophy always spent at least 1/3rd of EVERY practice conditioning. With one practice a week on nothing but conditioning. My teams could play 6-8 quarters of football. They were always the best conditioned and most physical.

In my opinion, college teams spend too much time in weight room and not enough on endurance. Run more bleachers, squat thrusts, updowns, and TONS of 6 inches & 6 to 90. Then long distance runs, every morning.

Comment

I attribute that to lack of proper conditioning. And not only Angelo. I see too many players getting gassed in the 2nd half. SMDH.

My coaching philosophy always spent at least 1/3rd of EVERY practice conditioning. With one practice a week on nothing but conditioning. My teams could play 6-8 quarters of football. They were always the best conditioned and most physical.

In my opinion, college teams spend too much time in weight room and not enough on endurance. Run more bleachers, squat thrusts, updowns, and TONS of 6 inches & 6 to 90. Then long distance runs, every morning.
                My cross country and wrestling coaches did the same thing. There were certain practice days that were terrible. I mean just ruined your day leading up to the practice because you knew what was coming. But when you saw the results, your mind then started looking forward to that. I mean you hated it, but loved the outcome.

It's the same philosophy I use to this day when going to the fridge for that third beer.............

Comment

Yeah I played football in the fall and tennis during the spring.

In Tennis, we had one day a week where we ran 3 miles and the rest was sprints and short 1 mile runs.

That was however in the 1980s.

When I coached high school tennis in the late 2000s we were limited to the conditioning and times of day and of course you had to honor a doctors note that excused them from conditioning but they were perfectly fine and cleared to play a 90 minute tennis match in 90+ degree heat. LOL.

I miss the coaching but dont miss the new politics of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goods View Post

My cross country and wrestling coaches did the same thing. There were certain practice days that were terrible. I mean just ruined your day leading up to the practice because you knew what was coming. But when you saw the results, your mind then started looking forward to that. I mean you hated it, but loved the outcome.

It's the same philosophy I use to this day when going to the fridge for that third beer.............
                    I am pleased to hear that you have maintained some of the tradition and determination of your CWU experience...

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I played football in the fall and tennis during the spring.

In Tennis, we had one day a week where we ran 3 miles and the rest was sprints and short 1 mile runs.

That was however in the 1980s.

When I coached high school tennis in the late 2000s we were limited to the conditioning and times of day and of course you had to honor a doctors note that excused them from conditioning but they were perfectly fine and cleared to play a 90 minute tennis match in 90+ degree heat. LOL.

I miss the coaching but dont miss the new politics of it.
                      My daughter has built up a nice program in X-C and T&F. She said it is always interesting that some kids have notes that excuse them from certain workouts. This is for a sport where running is key! Then these kids come back when the see others having success and ask what they can do to be in that same place....

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

My daughter has built up a nice program in X-C and T&F. She said it is always interesting that some kids have notes that excuse them from certain workouts. This is for a sport where running is key! Then these kids come back when the see others having success and ask what they can do to be in that same place....
                        WTF?!?!?!?

Comment

• The final recap of the season is now up:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-playoff-week-3-recap/

Comment

When Angelo played Mines earlier this season, Mines put up 21 pts in the 4th to win 31-21. I still scratch my head on how Angelo blew that game.
                            I’ve gotten over this season now thank god. Asu was up14-3 at half and I thought there we gonna put them away in the 3rd. But we were tne team that cramped up and it was all in tne secondary. Corner went out 3 times and they attacked the back up, then td. When angelo retook the lead in the 4th 24-21. The first play csm hit McCloud on an 85 yrd. Angelo went man across the board and the safety cramped and pulled up. Matocha dropped the ball on his outside shoulder so pretty. He would have caught it anyway but not take it to the house. People thought csm would. Cramp up but Angelo did. Half of the roster from csm is from Texas so it was no big adjustment. What could have been for angelo yeah, they match up better than anybody in the region. Especially the nsic. Angelo struggle in the 2nd half in their losses. There front 7 is legit. They shoot they gaps hard to stop the run and there great st that. 3rd and long is over there ends get after it. But there secondary is the weak spot. Cwu passed for over 200 yds on them. a pass first offense would have a chance against them but I don’t think kutztown can get it done. Personally it think there 21 team is better than this version. But this yrs record say otherwise. The quarterback puts them on a another level. They do not beat themselves. With all I said. I think Harding would be the one to maybe beat them. There defense is legit and could keep mines off the field for long stretches

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I work in Reading, PA, about 30-40 minutes from Kutztown. There’s a really nice candy/ice cream place in that area that I go to in the summer and a local soda brand that I like is made there. So yes, I’ve been to Kutztown quite a few times! Slippery Rock, never been there, don’t plan to go there. I try to stay as far away from PSAC schools as possible unless there’s a chance to beat them (New Haven used to play 3-4 PSAC schools every year as an independent, and I have a very strong opinion of IUP from those years).

Just make sure you keep your eyes out for runaway bulls if/when you’re in Kutztown:

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/berks...dbc1df70c.html
                              Have to tease you a little bit here.

If you ever come to LSC country to cover a game and ask for a soda anywhere in the south you are going to get the Tucker Carlson blank stare.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                                The final recap of the season is now up:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-playoff-week-3-recap/
                                Great write up. Thanks for doing the coverage for us and enjoy your "off season".

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X