Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final CWU wrap up podcast on Kittitas Valley Sports Talk this week and we get to interview Tanner Volk, who stopped by the studio, which ended up being a great interview. This dude loves football, talks about the team, using this season as a foundation for next season, talks about his journey to CWU.

0-10:00......discussing National Finals Rodeo (before we knew of the first round cancellation due to the UNLV shootings), 10:00-21:00, CWU coverage. 21:00- Tanner Volk interview, which runs about 40 minutes or so.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000637757937

Comment

• Eastern Washington University is having a massive budget deficit and is considering all options including moving to Division 2.

https://www.krem.com/video/sports/fo...1-75aedb58354d

Comment

• Originally posted by the tav View Post
        Eastern Washington University is having a massive budget deficit and is considering all options including moving to Division 2.

This seems to be an ongoing issue that pops up annually now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goods View Post

Yep, another one of these Universities that's only D1 because they're chasing big basketball dreams. EWU, Portland State, Northern Colorado and Idaho State have no reason being in the Big Sky. At least Sac State, Cal Poly, UC Davis have baseball programs and competitive basketball programs Shoot, a Selah product has been making a 6 figure NIL deal at UC Davis. Northern Arizona only has football, basketball and tennis that's crazy. I have a feeling with this P5 NIL NCAA chaos that a bunch of G5 athletic programs that are bleeding Financially fielding non competitive football programs will either drop football or move down to the FCS to continue the football programs

Comment

Eastern Washington University is having a massive budget deficit and is considering all options including moving to Division 2.

That would be good for West Coast football.

What is the latest on Humboldt State? Hasn't that used car saleman, JackOffGNAC, and his "stable of lawyers" not been able to restart the football program?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Have to tease you a little bit here.

If you ever come to LSC country to cover a game and ask for a soda anywhere in the south you are going to get the Tucker Carlson blank stare.
              I get looked at strange up here when I call a hoagie (PA term) a "grinder" (New England term), so I'm thinking "When in Rome...do your research!" It does amaze me sometimes, having lived in PA for nearly 20 years, how some people hear I'm from New England and expect me to sound like one of the Kennedys.

Hoping to visit TX sooner than later - I have an old friend from college who settled down in Dallas about 20 years ago and I would like to see him. My dad is a Cowboys fan too, I've bounced around the idea of seeing if I can get him some tickets so he can go down there and see a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I get looked at strange up here when I call a hoagie (PA term) a "grinder" (New England term), so I'm thinking "When in Rome...do your research!" It does amaze me sometimes, having lived in PA for nearly 20 years, how some people hear I'm from New England and expect me to sound like one of the Kennedys.

Hoping to visit TX sooner than later - I have an old friend from college who settled down in Dallas about 20 years ago and I would like to see him. My dad is a Cowboys fan too, I've bounced around the idea of seeing if I can get him some tickets so he can go down there and see a game.
                End Zone 3rd level seats start around $555 a ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goods View Post

It seems they threaten that all the time.

If you read the comments closely, it only talks about moving football to a lower division. I don't know if those making the comments realize the entire department would have to reclassify.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It seems they threaten that all the time.

If you read the comments closely, it only talks about moving football to a lower division. I don't know if those making the comments realize the entire department would have to reclassify.
                    Many of those commenters live in Spokompton.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Save your money and watch a team that can beat teams with winning records.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

End Zone 3rd level seats start around $555 a ticket.
                        might be well worth it. Cowboys game are not like anything else. The stadium is perfect, the area is even better.

Comment

Yep, another one of these Universities that's only D1 because they're chasing big basketball dreams. EWU, Portland State, Northern Colorado and Idaho State have no reason being in the Big Sky. At least Sac State, Cal Poly, UC Davis have baseball programs and competitive basketball programs Shoot, a Selah product has been making a 6 figure NIL deal at UC Davis. Northern Arizona only has football, basketball and tennis that's crazy. I have a feeling with this P5 NIL NCAA chaos that a bunch of G5 athletic programs that are bleeding Financially fielding non competitive football programs will either drop football or move down to the FCS to continue the football programs
                          Agree with this, all it takes is one run to the Big Dance and a first-round 40-point loss exit to say, "We belong!" Insert N. Colorado, PSU, Idaho State (decades ago), etc. EWU has won a IAA football title, but they map out like a D2 school with facilities and attendance. ISU has fired every football and men's hoop coach since 1980, well, except one. Portland State draws 500 a game in hoops, has a new arena that doesn't seat much. Two NCAA berths in 30 years have fans believing they belong. NAU has won 6 of the last 7 NCAA men's cross country championships, they can hang their hat on that, though I realize I'm one of the rare persons who follows the sport.

D2 would be great and inexpensive on the West Coast if we had the teams. I like the LSC and the competition but it doesn't fit WOU well. The NAIA vs. D3 vs. D2 politics is big in the NW with D2 football the loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by debergfan View Post

might be well worth it. Cowboys game are not like anything else. The stadium is perfect, the area is even better.
                            Haha. In my opinion, NO sporting event is worth $555 a seat, u less it's a once in a lifetime dream.

I prefer my in home bar/lounge and 85" with Bose surround sound and my favorite people, food, and refreshments.

But, maybe that's just me. I used to be a season ticket holder since 1992. Guess I just got tired of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Save your money and watch a team that can beat teams with winning records.
                              Like MY COWBOYS???? Beat Seattle & DESTROYED the #1 team in the NFL, the Philly Beagles 33-13. The Beagles had ZERO offensive TDs and only 6 points. Not to shabby against a 10-2, previous Super Bowl team, huh?

Watch them the next few weeks. SHOCK-N-AWE coming your way!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Like MY COWBOYS???? Beat Seattle & DESTROYED the #1 team in the NFL, the Philly Beagles 33-13. The Beagles had ZERO offensive TDs and only 6 points. Not to shabby against a 10-2, previous Super Bowl team, huh?

Watch them the next few weeks. SHOCK-N-AWE coming your way!
                                I would tap the breaks there.

Dallas played great but Eagles were coming off a thrashing to the 49ers and of course Dallas plays much better at home.

Dallas plays Buffalo and Miami on the road the next two games so we will find out pretty fast if we see "MVP Dak" or "Divisional Round Dak" in those games.

Realistically hoping for a split there,

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X