Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice write up on John Matocha in the Wall Street Journal.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Also not sure if CWU is better off playing keep away against mines, or if they need to come out and try to cut their head off early..
      Depends how much they want to lose by. A lot or a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Depends how much they want to lose by. A lot or a lot more.
        This is probably the most accurate statement I have seen.

If CW can get some picks and stops it becomes a lot more interesting.

If Colorado Mines hits them with an early offensive onslaught and CW is forced to pass its gonna look like a 59-7 type score.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

This is probably the most accurate statement I have seen.

If CW can get some picks and stops it becomes a lot more interesting.

If Colorado Mines hits them with an early offensive onslaught and CW is forced to pass its gonna look like a 59-7 type score.
          That's what I'm worried about regarding CWU - if they fall behind 17-0 again, it might be 42-0 by halftime. I think it needs to be a slow grind the whole way (with Mines scoring their lowest point total of the season) or else CWU doesn't have a realistic chance. Put the Mines offense in a position where it feels like it has to be in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I think that would be a personal foul.
            Just make sure it isn't Volk, McCalla, or Rogers and it's all good?

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

That's what I'm worried about regarding CWU - if they fall behind 17-0 again, it might be 42-0 by halftime. I think it needs to be a slow grind the whole way (with Mines scoring their lowest point total of the season) or else CWU doesn't have a realistic chance. Put the Mines offense in a position where it feels like it has to be in a hurry.
              Agree 100%.

Mines will not take the foot off the gas.

Its going to be what the Central Washington offense is going to be able to do more than the defense.

The defense is going to get torched and give up points but limiting the possessions for Mines to do it is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Agree 100%.

Mines will not take the foot off the gas.

Its going to be what the Central Washington offense is going to be able to do more than the defense.

The defense is going to get torched and give up points but limiting the possessions for Mines to do it is the key.
                CWU needs a few of those 19 play drives they finished Bemidji with

Comment

Mines scores big. Our offense hasn't, so far. Central has an oppressive defense.

My take, for what its worth.

Blitz often, shut down the QB's options. Let Volk do his thing, And have our new QB kid let it fly. We are already spending house money, and the Cats have the talent. Play calling will be key.

I'm not delusional, but our guys have a real chance. PLAY CALLING!

Comment

Some computer projections:

Versus Sports Simulator - Mines 42-9
                    Massey - Mines 37-10

Both sites have picked CWU’s opponents to win every playoff game against CWU so far, for what it’s worth.

Comment

Go Wildcats!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        I'm not bashing mines here, or saying the cwu defense is on that level.

I'm asking a real question. How many elite defenses has Mines faced in the last 4 years, and what is their record against those teams. I know for sure they faced Ferris once and GV twice in the last 2 years. Who else?
                        Western State's defense is not to be taken lightly either. Was very surprised this year at how Mines made them look very bad. I guess it depends where you draw the line when it comes to elite.

Comment

So Flanagan's back? Nice.

Comment

So far, this TV camera is .......... eh.

Comment

That was a 50 yard try with a cross wind. Hmmmmmm...........

Comment

Huge fumble!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X