Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Especially with Shepherd's starting QB getting hurt on like the first play of the game was it? That was a big one for sure and maybe more meaningful with it being in the semifinals.
    I remember a few years before that WT was the first team in a long time to lose to a Region 1 team (Winston-Salem) in the semifinals and took a lot of heat for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I remember a few years before that WT was the first team in a long time to lose to a Region 1 team (Winston-Salem) in the semifinals and took a lot of heat for it.
      Colby's defense couldn't stop the run. And our offense sputtered. It proved the old adage that offense might get you there, but defense usually wins championships.

Comment

WT was a 6 seed in 2012, every game was an upset win for them. I'd say that's a victorious year for them. Come to think of it, it would be nice if CWU did the same thing this year. I mean, I don't want to lose, but if we're in the semi's, that means we've pulled off the greatest upset in years.

Comment

I'm so confident that CWU will lose. That IF they do Win! I'll go streaking starting from The Buzz Inn after having a Whiskey and running up to Wings Central.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
            I'm so confident that CWU will lose. That IF they do Win! I'll go streaking starting from The Buzz Inn after having a Whiskey and running up to Wings Central.
            Given how cold it's going to be Sunday, might want more than one whiskey.

Comment

To WT’s defense, WSSU was two years out from being in D1 (they moved down after struggling to compete), and their coach at the time (Connell Maynor) is now a D1 coach at Alabama A&M. They were far from a “typical” region 1 team and won region 1 in 2011 and 2012.
              Last edited by cwfenn; 11-27-2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

To WT’s defense, WSSU was two years out from being in D1 (they moved down after struggling to compete), and their coach at the time (Connell Maynor) is now a D1 coach at Alabama A&M. They were far from a “typical” region 1 team and won region 1 in 2011 and 2012.
                Yes.....but.....Valdosta State boat raced them in the championship game.

Comment

Yes.....but.....Valdosta State boat raced them in the championship game.
                  That is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                    I……uh……. Don’t know how to respond, but I’ll be there cheering you on at around 4th and Main, pretty much where you can take a break at The Tav for a Bacon Blue Mother with rings, fry sauce and a vitamin R.

Comment

One of the former WT posters went to that game. He said the field was in terrible shape and the fans were nasty. I thought the officiating was the worst I’ve seen in a D2 game. So since then I’m always pulling for the Cigarettes’ opponent.

Comment

Yup. Right after smacking Pueblo in 2012. That was a very solid WT team, fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Given how cold it's going to be Sunday, might want more than one whiskey.
                          He didn't say shot, I took it as meaning a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

One of the former WT posters went to that game. He said the field was in terrible shape and the fans were nasty. I thought the officiating was the worst I’ve seen in a D2 game. So since then I’m always pulling for the Cigarettes’ opponent.
                            WT was outcoached in that game.

Winston Salem had the athletes on the defensive side of the ball to match up with the skill guys at WT.

Stephen Lee wouldn't budge from running those bubble screens to open up the running game.

41-18 was an a$$ kicking and nothing to do with the refs.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Yup. Right after smacking Pueblo in 2012. That was a very solid WT team, fun to watch.
                              Yeah WT could out athlete most teams until the semi-finals.

Comment

WT was outcoached in that game.

Winston Salem had the athletes on the defensive side of the ball to match up with the skill guys at WT.

Stephen Lee wouldn't budge from running those bubble screens to open up the running game.

41-18 was an a$$ kicking and nothing to do with the refs.
                                How did the WT softball team fare that year?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X