Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

He didn't say shot, I took it as meaning a bottle.
    That would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

WT was outcoached in that game.

Winston Salem had the athletes on the defensive side of the ball to match up with the skill guys at WT.

Stephen Lee wouldn't budge from running those bubble screens to open up the running game.

41-18 was an a$$ kicking and nothing to do with the refs.
      Their defense was very good.

Sergio had a FG called no good, it’s the only time I’ve seen him upset. Replay showed it to be good, the commentators agreed.

WT had a TD called back on a kickoff return early for a block across the field. Later on a pivotal play we were called for a face mask when the defender’s hand did touch it but without pressure, before bringing down their QB. That would have stopped their TD drive.

That’s all I can remember after 11 years.

Lee was a good OC. How would you compare him to any we have had since?

Comment

WT's long ago playoff teams along with the century old LSC football power TAMUK are not relevant this year, again.

Getting back to the subject:

I believe that CWU will get blown out bad (49 to 7), but I hope for the sake of the LSC's ugly red-headed Ellenburg stepchildren, that the Wildcats win. (Santa really exists, doesn't he?)

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
          I believe that CWU will get blown out bad (49 to 7), but I hope for the sake of the LSC's ugly red-headed Ellenburg stepchildren, that the Wildcats win. (Santa really exists, doesn't he?)
          I feel attacked. First Buffalo/Islander indirectly calls me a geezer on the Region 4 playoff thread and now you're calling me an ugly red-headed Ellensburg step child. The only thing missing is ASUPops saying I'm fat.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

It will be the upset of the year/decade when CWU wins. If Mines wins, they'll have me in their cheering section for many reasons, including their roster mug shots on the football web page. Some great looking hair and beards.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Their defense was very good.

Sergio had a FG called no good, it’s the only time I’ve seen him upset. Replay showed it to be good, the commentators agreed.

WT had a TD called back on a kickoff return early for a block across the field. Later on a pivotal play we were called for a face mask when the defender’s hand did touch it but without pressure, before bringing down their QB. That would have stopped their TD drive.

That’s all I can remember after 11 years.

Lee was a good OC. How would you compare him to any we have had since?

He was good but how good did you need to be when you had NFL players at different times playing all the skill positions, TE, and even the OL against D2 competition?

Hire him now and let's see.

Future comments we can take back to the WT football thread and quit hijacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

I feel attacked. First Buffalo/Islander indirectly calls me a geezer on the Region 4 playoff thread and now you're calling me an ugly red-headed Ellensburg step child. The only thing missing is ASUPops saying I'm fat.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

It will be the upset of the year/decade when CWU wins. If Mines wins, they'll have me in their cheering section for many reasons, including their roster mug shots on the football web page. Some great looking hair and beards.
              Geezer to Geezer...

Colorado Mines lowest offensive point totals were 31 points (Grand Valley and Angelo State).

Central Washington only scored 30+ points 3 times against the lower half of the LSC.

If Central Washington keeps the final margin within 20 points that would be a surprise to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Geezer to Geezer...

Colorado Mines lowest offensive point totals were 31 points (Grand Valley and Angelo State).

Central Washington only scored 30+ points 3 times against the lower half of the LSC.

If Central Washington keeps the final margin within 20 points that would be a surprise to me.
                CWU is a slightly different offensive team now than they were earlier this year. McGill has the offense doing far better than it did earlier this year, and the last two games they haven't had Flanagan. If, and it's a big if, the CWU defense can slow down Mines they have a chance. Can they slow down Mines? Probably not, but that's why you play a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

How did the WT softball team fare that year?
                  LMAO 🤣 🤣 🤣

Comment

This week's preview is up:

https://www.d2football.com/lsc-week-3-playoff-preview/

Comment

I'm not bashing mines here, or saying the cwu defense is on that level.

I'm asking a real question. How many elite defenses has Mines faced in the last 4 years, and what is their record against those teams. I know for sure they faced Ferris once and GV twice in the last 2 years. Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                        Great column. Go Cats!

Comment

Yes, it is very well written.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            I'm not bashing mines here, or saying the cwu defense is on that level.

I'm asking a real question. How many elite defenses has Mines faced in the last 4 years, and what is their record against those teams. I know for sure they faced Ferris once and GV twice in the last 2 years. Who else?
                            Angelo State had one of the nation’s best defenses in 2021 and 2022. Mines won 2 of the 3 times they played.

Comment

Angelo State had one of the nation’s best defenses in 2021 and 2022. Mines won 2 of the 3 times they played.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Ferris State's defense was pretty good last year too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X