Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tsull View Post

Agree with this, all it takes is one run to the Big Dance and a first-round 40-point loss exit to say, "We belong!" Insert N. Colorado, PSU, Idaho State (decades ago), etc. EWU has won a IAA football title, but they map out like a D2 school with facilities and attendance. ISU has fired every football and men's hoop coach since 1980, well, except one. Portland State draws 500 a game in hoops, has a new arena that doesn't seat much. Two NCAA berths in 30 years have fans believing they belong. NAU has won 6 of the last 7 NCAA men's cross country championships, they can hang their hat on that, though I realize I'm one of the rare persons who follows the sport.

D2 would be great and inexpensive on the West Coast if we had the teams. I like the LSC and the competition but it doesn't fit WOU well. The NAIA vs. D3 vs. D2 politics is big in the NW with D2 football the loser.
    I get most of this but you spring an upset or two in the NCAA tournament then it puts your school on the map.

I know when the Islanders won their NCAA play in game last year that traffic on their facebook page increased exponentially and when Florida Gulf Coast made their sweet 16 run their enrollment went up a ton.

Huge problem now as in every situation is the effing transfer portal.

If one small school has a star player that lights it up in the NCAA tournament then he/she hits the transfer portal hoping for a power 5 school NIL.

Now I am seeing Tennis and Volleyball players hitting the portal which to me is silly to sacrifice playing time since those sports are rare to play or make anything significant professionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Like MY COWBOYS???? Beat Seattle & DESTROYED the #1 team in the NFL, the Philly Beagles 33-13. The Beagles had ZERO offensive TDs and only 6 points. Not to shabby against a 10-2, previous Super Bowl team, huh?

Watch them the next few weeks. SHOCK-N-AWE coming your way!
      Actually B/I had a nice response, except for the last sentence. I hope they lose them all.

I know this is what every Cowboy fan expects every year, but it's not coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I would tap the breaks there.

Dallas played great but Eagles were coming off a thrashing to the 49ers and of course Dallas plays much better at home.

Dallas plays Buffalo and Miami on the road the next two games so we will find out pretty fast if we see "MVP Dak" or "Divisional Round Dak" in those games.

Realistically hoping for a split there,
        I nominate Dak for Least Valuable Player.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I nominate Dak for Least Valuable Player.
          Trust me I am really rooting for the kid but man between Dak and Romo if those guys played in my childhood, I would have grown up to think disappointment and failure in the clutch were normal.

Fair or not if they can't make at least a NFC Championship game then the season will be another disappointment/failure.

Comment

Trust me I am really rooting for the kid but man between Dak and Romo if those guys played in my childhood, I would have grown up to think disappointment and failure in the clutch were normal.

Fair or not if they can't make at least a NFC Championship game then the season will be another disappointment/failure.
            As long as someone knocks out Philly it doesn’t matter to me. I’m a Giants fan and despite the success of the lead Guido I know full well it won’t be them to knock Philly out.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

As long as someone knocks out Philly it doesn’t matter to me. I’m a Giants fan and despite the success of the lead Guido I know full well it won’t be them to knock Philly out.
              I am the same way.

I hate the Eagles, 49ers, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, and Patriots.

If any of those teams play each other in the championship games or the super bowl then I refuse to watch.

Comment

I am the same way.

I hate the Eagles, 49ers, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, and Patriots.

If any of those teams play each other in the championship games or the super bowl then I refuse to watch.
                That's quite the list.

I only hate the Cowboys, mainly for their overexposure and deranged fans.

I'm hoping the 49ers win it all this year.

Comment

• Just talked to my nephew who is a die hard Seattle Seahawks fan living just east of Dallas. He says Cowboys fans are unbearable.................but honestly, so are Seahawks fans. LOL

Comment

That's quite the list.

It has to do with watching 40+ years of Cowboys and Oilers football and the disappointment with those teams in the playoffs.

I will watch North Korea and Cuba play a 90 minute world cup soccer qualifier before I ever watch the 49ers and Eagles play each other in the NFC Championship game.

Comment

I would tap the breaks there.

Dallas played great but Eagles were coming off a thrashing to the 49ers and of course Dallas plays much better at home.

Dallas plays Buffalo and Miami on the road the next two games so we will find out pretty fast if we see "MVP Dak" or "Divisional Round Dak" in those games.

Realistically hoping for a split there,
                      Tap the breaks?. F*ck that! ALL YEAR all I heard is "well Dallas hasn't beat anyone". Then they beat two someones.

They are 10-3 and only 3 other teams have 10-3 records.

This is the NFL. PRO football. ANY team can beat any other team on any given day.

And I hear all the TALK from all the HATERS.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I remember lastvyears Super Bowl team coach Siriani yelling how bout them Eagles after they escaped the Cowboys in Philly. Wasn't saying much Sunday night, HUH?

All I know are the facts.

We ARE 10-3 and currently #1 in the NFC East (that will change).

The Cowboys have the best point differential in the entire NFL, out-scoring opponents by 188 points.

I'll "tap" the brakes if they don't make the play-offs. πŸ˜‚ Until then......put on your seat belt and get ready for a WILD ride.

#HOWBOUTDEMCOWBOYS
                      #GOCOWBOYS
                      #HEREWEGO

Comment

Actually B/I had a nice response, except for the last sentence. I hope they lose them all.

I know this is what every Cowboy fan expects every year, but it's not coming.
                        Whatever. You are simply jealous of the #1 sports team in THE WORLD!!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I predicted a 10-7 record when the schedule came out.

This Cowboys' fan expects a realistic season and to BEAT Philly. I DESPISE the BEAGLES.

My Super Bowl WAS Sunday brother! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ†πŸ†

When YOUR team holds FIVE rings, come talk to me. Until then 🀐

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Don't count out my paisan! ("Guido" is a deragatory term for Italian-Americans. Like N word for African-Americans)

Tommy just might beat Philly!!! 🀌🏼

Being from Brooklyn, NY, I DESPISE Philly.

Comment

That's quite the list.

No doubt they will. But your team won't.

Comment

Tap the breaks?. F*ck that! ALL YEAR all I heard is "well Dallas hasn't beat anyone". Then they beat two someones.

They are 10-3 and only 3 other teams have 10-3 records.

This is the NFL. PRO football. ANY team can beat any other team on any given day.

And I hear all the TALK from all the HATERS.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I remember lastvyears Super Bowl team coach Siriani yelling how bout them Eagles after they escaped the Cowboys in Philly. Wasn't saying much Sunday night, HUH?

All I know are the facts.

We ARE 10-3 and currently #1 in the NFC East (that will change).

The Cowboys have the best point differential in the entire NFL, out-scoring opponents by 188 points.

I'll "tap" the brakes if they don't make the play-offs. πŸ˜‚ Until then......put on your seat belt and get ready for a WILD ride.

#HOWBOUTDEMCOWBOYS
                              #GOCOWBOYS
                              #HEREWEGO
                              All things being equal. If all teams win out without an upset the Cowboys could be 14-3 and a 5 seed.

14 wins by a wild card team would have to be a record? LOL.

Either way it will come divisional round time and a probable road trip to San Francisco or Philadelphia.

Talk to me after that or its the same brick wall for the last 27 years.

Comment

No doubt they will. But your team won't.
                                MY TEAM? If you are referring to the Texans, they aren't my team. I like to watch different teams, I was pulling for the Jets on the first 4 plays of their season.

I used to be an Oiler fan until that owner completely trashed the franchise (again), while demanding a new stadium a year after they expanded the Astrodome for him. I was not among the 30 people at the "Save the Oilers" rally just before the team moved to Tennessee.
                                Last edited by WT_TKW; 12-13-2023, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X