Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

It should be wide open with as much talent as Mines as losing and may be the best chance for the LSC to advance to the semis in a long time before the regions realign in 2025.
    Sounds good. CWU will take it from here.

Comment

I watched UTPB/WT, Angelo/ENMU, ENMU/WT games last fall. I kind of feel like the difference between UTPB the conference champs and everyone else was QB play I didn't see a real big difference in talent. I kind of felt Angelo may have even been more talented than UTPB. That QB was the real deal though. I really think his time in McCullough's system and 5 years of being a college QB made a huge difference. Everyone else was a little unsettled at that position.

Comment

Dont get me wrong. Amarillo is my hometown and I like Odessa.

If you are trying to recruit the Triangle of Texas and tell them "looky here is Amarillo" then you are liable to get laughed out of the house.

In multiple places I lived in SE and deep south Texas there were several people I encountered that couldnt tell you where Amarillo was.

I have never been a head coach but on staff as a way down low assistant so have a little knowledge of the workings behind the scenes.

I agree WT should have done way more with the talent they have.

Its stuck mentally at this point.

I can count the handful of games WT lost at the end but cant recall one they "won" at the end except maybe a missed FG attempt by UTPB a few years ago?

That UTPB choke game last year sent both teams in a total 180 direction.

I am interested as well how the LSC and for that matter the region shakes down.

It should be wide open with as much talent as Mines as losing and may be the best chance for the LSC to advance to the semis in a long time before the regions realign in 2025.
        Agree with all.....except I like Amarillo over Odessa.

i, like you, can't wait for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          That is not a fair comparison . He!! Odessa make the Gaza Strip look like Paradise. Not quite as violent but close.
          😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
            I watched UTPB/WT, Angelo/ENMU, ENMU/WT games last fall. I kind of feel like the difference between UTPB the conference champs and everyone else was QB play I didn't see a real big difference in talent. I kind of felt Angelo may have even been more talented than UTPB. That QB was the real deal though. I really think his time in McCullough's system and 5 years of being a college QB made a huge difference. Everyone else was a little unsettled at that position.
            Basically you had what should be a pro QB aged grown man with 5 years in a system playing against 18 year old boys. Put into perspective, it would be like a 7th grader playing agsinst a HS SR QB. OF COURSE he is gonna be the difference maker and win awards. 😂😂😂

My son missed two season due to season ending injuries. One was the 1st day of fall camp. He was also 23 his last season. And even though he played his final season with a dislocated shoulder, an injured knee (needed another surgery after season), and in last game of regular season and then 2 playoff games with a broken right hand and dislocated wrist (in a hard cast), NO BODY could cover him. He was too football smart and too developed speed wise. He was running a 4.38 - 4.40 his Sr year WITH a bummed knee.

Point is old college players, especially studs, make a huge impact on a team in all aspects.

Comment

That is not a fair comparison . He!! Odessa make the Gaza Strip look like Paradise. Not quite as violent but close.
              Whats fuuny about this statement is I remember Ras several years ago comparing Kingsville to a third world country and most of the diehard piggie posters back then lost their minds.

Once you have lived all over the triangle area of texas and experience trees, rain, green grass, etc. then yeah Amarillo/Odessa becomes a turd vs. turd with sprinkles argument.

Only recruits from Hereford and Sunray would find Amarillo appealing and only recruits from Andrews and Monahans would find Odessa appealing.

Comment

I grew up in Odessa and there lot's of great people there. I do not miss the sand, local politics, rotten egg flavored water or the smell. I didn't know how bad the place stinks until went home from school the first time.

Comment

I grew up in Odessa and there lot's of great people there. I do not miss the sand, local politics, rotten egg flavored water or the smell. I didn't know how bad the place stinks until went home from school the first time.
                  There's lot of green around Midland/Odessa. It's called currency and it smells great.

Comment

Same with Amarillo. The second day I came back from college the southwest wind from Hereford brought in that feedlot smell.

Comment

Did you just really use Amarillo proximity as a recruiting tool incentive? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Pretty sure Midland/Odessa has the same things if not more than Amarillo does and the campus isnt 10 miles away from city limits to my knowledge.

You do realize WT didnt have an on campus stadium either at their peak?

100% agree on the football stadium being the top recruiting tool.

I have a feeling UTPB will explore the on campus stadium opportunity soon and *gasp* might even consider D1 as well.

Too lazy to look it up but would be curious to know how much both head coaches used the transfer portal last year and this year.

If WT was built for a balanced straight up run/pass balance then that is going to be difficult for a run/option type coach to adjust to himself.

It would be like a pass happy LSC coach taking over at Harding with no clue how to run an option offense.
                      “Our next steps are a football stadium, revamping all of our athletic facilities, all of these things so we have it on campous and we have that appeal of a college football town, not just a high school football town,” said Dooley."

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/utpb-...ransformation/

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

“Our next steps are a football stadium, revamping all of our athletic facilities, all of these things so we have it on campous and we have that appeal of a college football town, not just a high school football town,” said Dooley."

There ya go. Good for them. Thanks for sharing the link.

Comment

I hope McCullough doesn’t run off all the players before that happens. Praying for a great season and a culture shift but folks are quickly realizing that everything that glitters ain’t gold…

Comment

Originally posted by BoosterMom View Post

I hope McCullough doesn’t run off all the players before that happens. Praying for a great season and a culture shift but folks are quickly realizing that everything that glitters ain’t gold…
                            A 10-2 season and play-off birth in his first year is pretty well gold to me!

But with a drove of players some are bound to leave unhappy. They will find a new school and McCullough will find new players. That's college football.

Comment

But with a drove of players some are bound to leave unhappy. They will find a new school and McCullough will find new players. That's college football.
                              Yup pretty much anywhere in football.

Even high school *cough cough* even though "recruiting" isnt supposed to happen.

Comment

We shall see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X