Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post
    A friend of mine coaches on a team in the LSC that has been decent the last few years. He said they signed several all conference DIII players via the Transfer Portal out of the the aforementioned elite programs and most of them have been a total bust this spring. He said there is one that might start and another that might make the travel squad, the others are probably going to get redshirted or cut.
    That’s wild

Comment

I recall in 2017, SRSU (5-5) beat UTPB (2-9) 47-22, SRSU would lose to UMHB 7-23 the very next week.
      I would be interested to see more D2 VS D3 matchups

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Massey Ratings 2023

218. Angelo State (34-14 most likely, 91% win likelihood v. UMHB)
        224. Central Washington (27-17 most likely, 79% win likelihood v. UMHB)
        229. UT-Permian Basin (32-21 most likely, 77% win likelihood v. UMHB)
        266. Texas A&M-Kingsville (26-21 most likely, 63% win likelihood v. UMHB)
        319. Midwestern State (26-20 most likely, 68% win likelihood v. UMHB)
        369. Western Oregon
        376. Eastern New Mexico
        400. Mary Hardin Baylor
        405. Hardin Simmons
        518. Western New Mexico
        2023 is the worst year for HSU and UMHB in probably a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
          I recall in 2017, SRSU (5-5) beat UTPB (2-9) 47-22, SRSU would lose to UMHB 7-23 the very next week.

Most teams in the LSC aren't scheduling HSU or UMHB, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

2023 is the worst year for HSU and UMHB in probably a decade.
            That would not surprise me. I expected them to be ranked higher than they were.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseLodge View Post

Most teams in the LSC aren't scheduling HSU or UMHB, ever.
              The serious ones with playoff thoughts are not going to because there is no benefit there.

Kingsville did go through a phase where they were scheduling non D2 cupcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                And SRSU lost to UTPB in 2016 in the Falcons first year.

The exercise in trying to somehow correlate results in this manner is one of futility.

UMHB and HSU would be top half of the LSC at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

The serious ones with playoff thoughts are not going to because there is no benefit there.

Kingsville did go through a phase where they were scheduling non D2 cupcakes.
                  This is exactly right. There are only maybe one or two teams each season that would have any business scheduling them. It's meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

And SRSU lost to UTPB in 2016 in the Falcons first year.

The exercise in trying to somehow correlate results in this manner is one of futility.

UMHB and HSU would be top half of the LSC at best.
                    That's my gut feeling as well.

Lost in the discussion of "D2" and maybe some "FCS level" players on the roster of MHB and HSU is the fact that there are "FCS" and "BCS" level players on the rosters of teams in the LSC. It's being played out in the transfer portal every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

That's my gut feeling as well.

Lost in the discussion of "D2" and maybe some "FCS level" players on the roster of MHB and HSU is the fact that there are "FCS" and "BCS" level players on the rosters of teams in the LSC. It's being played out in the transfer portal every year.
                      This.

I know CWU has probably close to a third of its roster that has either played FCS/FBS or has been developed into that level of a player. NWMSU, GVSU, Ferris and many others are much the same roster level.

The biggest difference I see between DII and DIII and NAIA is not talent, it is the size.

Another thought: we are talking about a time period as the baseline (2017) when many, if not all players on current rosters were not even in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Double round robin schedule with 2 non conference games against Lincoln (CA) type opponents is a pretty depressing schedule for someone of UMHBs caliber. Not that I think it's their fault though, but if this is what staying D3 is going to be for them from now on, I can see why they're exploring all their options
                        I know they all had chances to play games for money with Lone Star Schools and declined. They were just fine playing the North American and Lincoln, CA's of the world rather than get paid to take on a lone star team. Doesn't seem like they are all that confident.

Last edited by huntnfish; 04-18-2024, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfish View Post

I now they all had chances to play games for money with Lone Star Schools and declined. They were just fine playing the North American and Lincoln, CA's of the world. Rather than get paid to take on a lone star team. Doesn't seem like they are all that confident.
                          Thats wild they wouldn’t want to play up, especially if they’re going to be moving up.

Comment

Le Tourneau looking to move.

https://www.texasfootball.com/articl...le_preview_img

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                              I think in a weird way what is happening with the ASC is what we were fearing might happen to the LSC if the top half had (may still have) D1 goals.

With UT Dallas I count 18 LSC schools - 9 football members (7 full time members).

Not sure if the LSC would look to add UMHB but they do check all the boxes with all the current sports they have in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think in a weird way what is happening with the ASC is what we were fearing might happen to the LSC if the top half had (may still have) D1 goals.

With UT Dallas I count 18 LSC schools - 9 football members (7 full time members).

Not sure if the LSC would look to add UMHB but they do check all the boxes with all the current sports they have in place.
                                LSC will add any football playing school at this point, even if it's in Alpine.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X