4. Colorado State-Pueblo
    5. Angelo State
    6. Texas A&M-Commerce
    7. Augustana
    8. Sioux Falls
    9. Winona State
    10. Dixie State

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Interesting Tex A&M Comm is ahead of Augie, SF and Winona but one less win. They only play 10 games where the others play 11

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
      Interesting Tex A&M Comm is ahead of Augie, SF and Winona but one less win. They only play 10 games where the others play 11
      NCAA punishment for Silo scheduling, doubled with the games against Mary and UMC for USF and MSU, and Moorhead and Minot for Augie and Winona

Comment

Um... y'know, these rankings can be derived by sorting the teams by number of losses and then by SOS, then swapping #8 and #9 because of the head-to-head.

(And yes, TAMUC's SOS is good enough to justify putting them above teams with more games played.)

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
          Um... y'know, these rankings can be derived by sorting the teams by number of losses and then by SOS, then swapping #8 and #9 because of the head-to-head.

(And yes, TAMUC's SOS is good enough to justify putting them above teams with more games played.)

Comment

Tarleton did win their money game. But the NAIA game should bite them for sure. I think that the fact that we play a silo schedule as well as the fact that Tarleton is moving D1 (perception) hurts us a bit for sure. So it's 9 vs 11 D2 teams, but those NSIC teams never played anyone else.

Comment

So if Mankato ends up #2 and an NSIC team #7, first game is #2 NSIC v. #7 NSIC? Or do they try to avoid teams in the same conference playing each other?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post
                So if Mankato ends up #2 and an NSIC team #7, first game is #2 NSIC v. #7 NSIC? Or do they try to avoid teams in the same conference playing each other?
                The whole thing is very confusing. The NCAA said that they didn't want first round rematch games- but they are probably more worried about money issues.

Comment

They try to avoid it, but that's a lower priority than avoiding flights. As it stands right now, Northwest Missouri State and Augustana are the only potential opponents within 600 miles of Mankato. If it remains that way, NWMSU vs. MSU is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post

Tarleton did win their money game. But the NAIA game should bite them for sure. I think that the fact that we play a silo schedule as well as the fact that Tarleton is moving D1 (perception) hurts us a bit for sure. So it's 9 vs 11 D2 teams, but those NSIC teams never played anyone else.

Comment

Comment

End of 1st quarter, Winona leads 13-7 and has 2 yards of TOTAL offense. Thanks football gods. The disputed TD play was 2nd down with plenty of time on the clock for more plays if they call it back. Still Winona gets another shot and throws a pick. Winona almost got another shot due to poor Augie play calling but lets the ball carrier loose on 3rd down. It wasn't Augie's lucky day, they were the better team despite the offensive play calling.

Comment

End of 1st quarter, Winona leads 13-7 and has 2 yards of TOTAL offense. Thanks football gods. The disputed TD play was 2nd down with plenty of time on the clock for more plays if they call it back. Still Winona gets another shot and throws a pick. Winona almost got another shot due to poor Augie play calling but lets the ball carrier loose on 3rd down. It wasn't Augie's lucky day, they were the better team despite the offensive play calling.

Comment

No worries, you weren't wrong - some are thinking that. Just pointing out it was not a last second do or die play and Augie was clearly the better team. For all those who didn't see it and are focused on Mankato squeaking by an overrated SF team thinking it improved their SOS in a game that only showed neither team knows how to play defense. :)

Comment

For what it's worth....I posted the same exact grouping and order middle of the day yesterday on the twitter machine.

I would ease up on the stance of TSU playing a money game and an NAIA team..because I'm sure they have trouble getting teams to schedule them. Let's keep in mind the NSIC, MIAA, and the GAC are all not open for scheduling due to playing the silo model. Those are 3 of the closer leagues they'd have access to. The RMAC has worked with the LSC yearly with matchups like Commerce vs Pueblo, etc..but I think the scheduling we see from Tarleton is more of a reflection of who will play em.

The 10 spot could get hairy. With 3 losses now being in-play..one has to wonder if Bemidji State, Duluth, or Dixie State come into play. I'd tend to think with BSU getting one-sided by UMD and then UMD getting thumped by USF as reasoning for both of the squads to be on the outside looking in..but if the criteria is being strictly applied, they might both still be in the mix.

Winona might not be that far away from making it. If Commerce beats Angelo (likely) and Wayne State upsets USF (not likely)..and the Warriors take care of business against CSP....Winona is possibly in. They'd need to win a beauty contest with Angelo.

If Angelo loses to Commerce it would seem that USF and Angelo would then be the squads most likely put under the microscope for the 7 spot. USF and Angelo would be close in SOS. If Angelo beats Commerce....it would seem that Commerce would still have a sky high SOS and be favored to stay in the playoff race at that 7 spot.

I would also have Mankato over Tarleton today in the RR..as I think their SOS will not only be equal to SOS..but might pass them in that measure. Furthermore I think they'll have more wins against .500 or better opponents, and will have 2 more wins for the criteria (D2 opponents). Tarleton has beaten 2 squads in the top 7 currently, with Mankato only having beat Augie..but Mankato will have beaten 3 of the top 10..TSU will have beaten 2. So....as you can see, it's going to be whatever the committee wants to put emphasis on within the criteria. If they follow the letter of the law, I think Mankato lands on 1 today.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X