Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masoli is worth talking about. He will seemingly be under center again for the Vikings....as Saddler left mid-game in week 10 at Winona.

He's basically played the equivalent of 2 full games this year at QB....and has been pretty efficient with his snaps....7 touchdown passes, 3 more on the ground....0 picks..71% completion rate..and has scampered often..to the tune of 206 yards. He's a different defend then when Saddler was playing..but I'm assuming Saddler is out yet again with a lower leg injury, as he was booted last week, etc.

Comment

Article from the today's Pueblo Chieftain:

https://www.chieftain.com/sports/201...offs-once-more

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        CSUP reinstated football in 2008 and all those playoff appearances plus a NC, what facilitated CSUP success so quickly?
        It is of course easier to start from scratch than it is to rebuild a program so that was one advantage. Then you have a brand new stadium to attract recruits in an area with many advantages over most RMAC locations. Sure, Pueblo isn't the most sought after city in Colorado but it is right along I-25 and larger than many other conference locations, 45 minutes from Colorado Springs, 90 minutes from Denver. The coaching staff that was brought together did a great job of recruiting from day 1 and selling kids on what could be. There are many more reasons than this but it gives a pretty general idea as to the reason for such quick success.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Masoli is worth talking about. He will seemingly be under center again for the Vikings....as Saddler left mid-game in week 10 at Winona.

He's basically played the equivalent of 2 full games this year at QB....and has been pretty efficient with his snaps....7 touchdown passes, 3 more on the ground....0 picks..71% completion rate..and has scampered often..to the tune of 206 yards. He's a different defend then when Saddler was playing..but I'm assuming Saddler is out yet again with a lower leg injury, as he was booted last week, etc.
          I watched the first half of Augie's last game and he looked good, this of course given that many of the throws had receivers open by a mile with defenders not even in the picture. Not sure what they were doing beyond not covering anyone. If Pueblo is going to have the ball consistently moved on them in this game it will be through the air, I think they will do their best to keep Masoli in the pocket and make him find receivers who I would guess are better covered than they were last week. Really think this game comes down to Pueblo's OC and his play calling honestly.
          Last edited by Turbonium; 11-22-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Who cares about the visiting team anyways? Go play at Western State an you have a .25 mile walk to go to the locker rooms.
            Can confirm. Worst place to play in the RMAC. That walk to the stadium from the visiting locker room is all uphill. You don't even have time to go back to the locker room at half time. You sit on a plateau behind the stadium overlooking their practice fields with a portable bathroom. It reminded me of elementary school soccer except without getting a fun sized gatorade and fruit for a snack at halftime. Not to mention the playing surface was trash and filled with divots. The RMAC should force them to get turf like they did with Highlands (their old turf was essentially concrete) or not allow them home games. At least when Chadron had grass they made an attempt to maintain it. Off-topic rant now over

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Comment

The Pack are DOOMED! Rick folks from S.D. flying down in private jets or first class into Colorado Springs! Having a
                chauffeur drive that Benz to Pueblo! Do you really think that they will tailgate with us low lifes from Pueblo. Gosh the rest of the RMAC thinks we are rich having a lot of donations to upgrade our field. Thundertron was donated by Colorado State University. It was used in their old stadium. CSU paided for it to be disassambled, trucked down and then installed! Serveral million dollars worth videoboard installed. Then we have the new turf. Well, its 3 years old now. Probably does have sand in it by now, but not as much as the old field did. Visitors locker room. It is divided by a storage room for football and track, but at least it is split up with showers for the offense and defense. Also used for HS football games. Two seperated areas, but the Visitors get to use both rooms! Much better than Westerns. We had to use the busses for the halftime at Western. Drove them to the northwest part of the so called stadium. Who cares about your NC in other sports! This is Football! Yea, we suck right now in most other sports! Our red Jerseys are 5 years old, the same with the white pants! The red pants are 3 years old. And the blue and white jerseys are 2 years old to go along with the blue pants. But we did get new practice jerseys this year! We get hand me downs from the Denver Broncos. Shoulder pads, pants, gloves, shoes and a bunch of other things. Shoot, our travel bags for the players are over 12 years old now. But heck, we are just getting by in the RMAC! Sure glad we dont have to travel for our first game to Mankato. That will be next week! Also, you have to try the best slopper in town at Coors Tavern! YUM YUM!

Comment

I thought that Masoli provided a spark in the Augie win at USF. Different type of player.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I thought that Masoli provided a spark in the Augie win at USF. Different type of player.

Comment

We could not get an FCS money game if we wanted one after we trashed Northern Colorado in 2013 and humiliated Sam Houston State in 2014! But Wristen still has an open offer to Colorado, Colorado State and Air Force to schedule us dating back at least 8 years! But that is old history. Different teams back them. Slopper sounds good for lunch! Coors Tavern here I come!

Comment

IMO Masoli has been a better QB than Saddler this season. We'll never know for sure but odds are they dont win at USF and Winona without Masoli

Comment

I'll take an immobile QB against the Pack D, they're pretty slow anyways. Saddler has nothing to worry about :)

Comment

My only contribution to this.

Massey has Pueblo winning 30-10

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              My only contribution to this.

Massey has Pueblo winning 30-10
                              Yeah, I thought that was pretty crazy. Expect a closer game than that for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

IMO Masoli has been a better QB than Saddler this season. We'll never know for sure but odds are they dont win at USF and Winona without Masoli

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X