Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crookston and St Cloud - dropping football?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Yup, taking our talents to the North Star! After talking of cuts and Augie moving on and then that part I couldnt have read fast enough to find out what he was talking about. Moving up in standings, makes sense now. Although, time will tell what all comes from all this change and millions of dollars. Of all sports, football is the most difficult to really range as their are so many factors and players.

Laker, to your point of the conference, I cant believe your want to cast Duluth to the depths like that. Last report they offered the same as Crookston at 18, I believe, but don't know how long ago that was.
    Duluth only offers 18?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Duluth only offers 18?
      School 2013 2014
      Augustana 28 28
      MSU-Mankato 28 28
      Sioux Falls 28 28
      U-Mary 28 28
      Northern State 28 28
      Upper Iowa 25.5 25.5
      Winona State 25.32 n/a
      Minot State 25 28
      Wayne State 24.56 25
      Minnesota-Duluth 24 24
      Minnesota-Crookston 24 24
      Bemidji State 21.5 n/a
      St. Cloud State 18 20
      Concordia-St. Paul 18 18
      Southwest Minn. State 17 17
      MSU-Moorhead 16 20

Oof, I was off. This was from that St. Cloud times article from way further back than I thought. But, the basically to go with my comment of splitting based on scholarships, Minot is the cut line for an 8-team league (though this is dated)

Going off of this, if you read into the subtle hints of who else might be looking at the cut, you would think maybe Moorhead and Concordia maybe? They never said it was for sure and I believe we have been told Moorhead has increased their funding so...anyways, just a reference .

Comment

• I know Winona is at 36 now, MSU looking at 32 and hoping to get to 36. It would be interesting to see an updated version.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
          I know Winona is at 36 now, MSU looking at 32 and hoping to get to 36. It would be interesting to see an updated version.
          SCSU was still at 18. Due to the T9 lawsuit, they weren't allowed to increase the number of scholarships even if they had the wherewithal.

??????UMD was at 22 in 2018 according to the Duluth paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by StateU View Post

SCSU was still at 18. Due to the T9 lawsuit, they weren't allowed to increase the number of scholarships even if they had the wherewithal.

??????UMD was at 22 in 2018 according to the Duluth paper.
            Did they have to drop two scholarships due to T9?

Comment

Did they have to drop two scholarships due to T9?
              Probably. IDK if they ever offered 20. Doesn't matter, I guess ...now they're at zero scholarships ;)

Comment

Probably. IDK if they ever offered 20. Doesn't matter, I guess ...now they're at zero scholarships ;)
                Sorry, I meant Duluth (going off theat older article)

Wasnt trying to salt the wound.

Comment

Sorry, I meant Duluth (going off theat older article)

Wasnt trying to salt the wound.
                  Ohhh. It's all good.

Comment

• There's a hearing planned Feb. 25 in Tunheim's Minneapolis courtroom about the motion to place the university in civil contempt of the court's permanent injunction.

In the university's appeal of the August ruling, a date has not been set yet for oral arguments in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
                    A judge ordered the university to pay more than $1 million in court fees of the plaintiffs, who also want to see the school hit for contempt of court.

Comment

• Interesting and rather unbelievable. Where is the money supposed to come from for to pay those so-called damages? To answer my own question, presumably from the money that would have been spent to continue the football program.

Comment

• Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                        Interesting and rather unbelievable. Where is the money supposed to come from for to pay those so-called damages? To answer my own question, presumably from the money that would have been spent to continue the football program.
                        You got it! The plaintiffs and their attorneys want to destroy men's athletics at SCSU. I'm willing to bet that not one member school has a lilly white Title IX record ... be grateful. this isn't happening to your athletic departments.

Comment

You got it! The plaintiffs and their attorneys want to destroy men's athletics at SCSU. I'm willing to bet that not one member school has a lilly white Title IX record ... be grateful. this isn't happening to your athletic departments.
                          Could not agree more.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X