Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crookston and St Cloud - dropping football?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admins who are cowards............who knew? :(

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
      One additional link to share is from the Huskies former beat writer (and SCSU alum) Andy Rennecke:

https://jupiterstreet.home.blog/2019...-football-men/

Just one man's experience but worth the read and a little different look at behind the scenes of what likely went into this.
      Excellent read!
      ?
      ??Earl Potter was a hard drinking bully and a tyrant. I'm glad people are learning the truth about his reign.

Comment

Originally posted by StateU View Post

Excellent read!
        ?
        ??Earl Potter was a hard drinking bully and a tyrant. I'm glad people are learning the truth about his reign.
        I heard about him mismanaging money and publicity, but not the athletic side. It seemed like he didn't realize this was St Cloud State, not an Ivy school. And UChicagoing football wasn't going to make his University better.

Comment

Excellent read!
          ?
          What was his background and how did he get to be president of SCSU? Remember that time in 2010 when football was on chopping block and some rumors that he wasn't the best guy, but how did he end up in that lofty position?

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

What was his background and how did he get to be president of SCSU? Remember that time in 2010 when football was on chopping block and some rumors that he wasn't the best guy, but how did he end up in that lofty position?
            Potter's bio

https://www.stcloudstate.edu/preside...ve/potter.aspx

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

This is what I always pictured him whenever anyone talked about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post

I disagree with them and think that they have shown no commitment to being a D2 institution. Everything from their enrollment to their instiution profile to their athletic facilites screams D3/NAIA. No different than Morris, honestly. Hopefully they can start to be competitive so those words about commitment to D2 become true.
                    Absolutely!! They need to leave

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Plus the University of North Texas System, the University of Houston System, and several that aren't part of any system.
                      I forgot about those.

I forget UH is even public at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Absolutely!! They need to leave
                        They get beaned in just about every sport, maybe except for flashes of near-competence in baseball and basketball. I don't understand them at all, and I kinda wish they'd buzz off.

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming the student-athletes or coaches, I am solely blaming the administration.

Comment

• Bemidji State Coaches Show featured AD Tracy Dill (who was at SCSU prior to coming to Bemidji). His segment starts about 1 hour five minutes into the show:

http://beaverradionetwork.com/audio/...1-19_ggmcs.mp3

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

8 now....
                            To be honest, I wasn't aware that Tarleton was making the move to D1, so thanks for the correction.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post

I heard about him mismanaging money and publicity, but not the athletic side. It seemed like he didn't realize this was St Cloud State, not an Ivy school. And UChicagoing football wasn't going to make his University better.
                              I think this was a big problem at a lot of schools 10+ years ago. Administrators were so high on their horse they wanted to believe that Backwater State University - Mooville was an Ivy institution. I know that sentiment was shared at SMSU and my jaw dropped when I heard it. The only school in Minnesota remotely comparable to an Ivy instition is Carleton - and even that's a stretch.

The idea of anyone believing SCSU could be an Ivy-adjacent school is just embarrassing.

Comment

• https://www.utsystem.edu/puf

Laker, this is a description to how it works and gives you idea on why A&M Chancellor Sharp wants all its little brothers in D1 because it means more access to funds and all the funding for the system flows through College Station and then is allocated as they see fit.

Another side note is that UT Permian Basin UT Tyler in D2 transition and UT Dallas looking to join the D2 ranks are only temporary stops until they can get to D1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X