Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crookston and St Cloud - dropping football?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I'm sure the member of the women's hoops team is pleased she cost 10 female golfers their opportunity to compete.
    She looks happy in the photo... of course, this is months ago.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/0...-womens-sports

Comment

• Simple would be so proud....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Simple would be so proud....

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

She looks happy in the photo... of course, this is months ago.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/0...-womens-sports

, but I might have to now! :)
          Reminiscing to my college days.... It's more fun than you'd think.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Reminiscing to my college days.... It's more fun than you'd think.
            Seems appropriate in this thread, to discuss giving them equal opportunities :)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I'm sure the member of the women's hoops team is pleased she cost 10 female golfers their opportunity to compete.
              Former WBB coach's daughter

Comment

• Originally posted by Husky View Post

Former WBB coach's daughter
                I realize these things are complex but there is a bunch of irony that this results in women's golf being cut. There are always unintended consequences

Comment

• Zimmer talks about the future of the NSIC.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ll/2666571001/

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Zimmer talks about the future of the NSIC.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ll/2666571001/
                    Beat me to it Laker. You're pretty quick even with one eye. Here's a little summary I whipped up with some thoughts.

Quick hits...
                    • Regarding the 2020 schedule
                      • They hope to have the 2020 schedule ready by Feb. 1.
                    • Non-conference games (Come on MIAA, help out my poor school)
                    • Augie's D1 timetable (Nothing really new here just interesting to hear it from OJ instead of the admin)
                    • NSU's football scholly numbers (I always appreciate hearing where other schools are with their schollys)
                      • The Wolves currently offer 32 football scholarships, and Moon intends to aggressively push to get to the Division II max of 36.
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Beat me to it Laker. You're pretty quick even with one eye.

"The Wolves currently offer 32 football scholarships, and Moon intends to aggressively push to get to the Division II max of 36".
                      Twitter is amazing. I spend so little time on Facebook anymore- just to catch up on messages. Twitter just seems so much quicker.

I wish someone would put an up to date list of the scholarship numbers at each school. I know Winona is at 36 and we aren't. I'm donating money and I can't even keep up with our exact number.

Eventually the NSIC could break up over who has 30 plus scholarships and those who have about 18. It makes such a difference to your depth. And I wonder how many, if any, athletes get a full football scholarship. That money gets pretty split up.

Comment

• Ok...what's this now?

"And what teams might be primed to make a move once the dust settles? (hint: it could be the one in northern South Dakota)"

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          Ok...what's this now?

"And what teams might be primed to make a move once the dust settles? (hint: it could be the one in northern South Dakota)"
                          I think he is referring to NSU moving up competitively in the NSIC. With the new facilities, new coach, and increased scholarships the quotes from Moon suggest that he will not be happy with 6 wins per season any longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                            Ok...what's this now?

I don't think he meant conference move... I believe he meant 'move up in the standings.' At least that's how I took it.
                            Unless y'all in Aberdeen know something the rest of us don't know.
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

I don't think he meant conference move... I believe he meant 'move up in the standings.' At least that's how I took it.
                              In my opinion NSU would have to be removed from its current conference situation kicking and screaming. We are not going D1 and any other conference affiliation would not be nearly as favorable as the current structure of the NSIC.

Comment

Yup, taking our talents to the North Star! After talking of cuts and Augie moving on and then that part I couldnt have read fast enough to find out what he was talking about. Moving up in standings, makes sense now. Although, time will tell what all comes from all this change and millions of dollars. Of all sports, football is the most difficult to really range as their are so many factors and players.

Laker, to your point of the conference, I cant believe your want to cast Duluth to the depths like that. Last report they offered the same as Crookston at 18, I believe, but don't know how long ago that was.
                                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 12-18-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X