Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC's Future

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    New stadium gotta happen for any real possibility to move up...
    MSU could "pull an Omaha", and drop football

Comment

Originally posted by StateU View Post
      MSU could "pull an Omaha", and drop football
      I have put them on notice that I won't donate another penny if they do.

And I'll steal every roll of toilet paper on campus to make them uncomfortable.

Comment

If, and this is a giant IF, MSU were to move up to D1, it won't be for many more years. The move is much easier for private schools than public schools. It would take a giant gift from someone to even start the process. And it would certainly mean dropping football, which is the only sport (outside of men's hockey) that actually gets community support.

Moving to D1 is a great move for some schools. I don't think it would be for MSU at all. And from the people I know that are close to the financials, it's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          I have put them on notice that I won't donate another penny if they do.

And I'll steal every roll of toilet paper on campus to make them uncomfortable.
          Lol! I was just sayin ...

Comment

I believe you are correct in that statement. I don't know how much longer they plan on the band-aid approach to the present stadium; indefinitely perhaps. And of course, a new football/soccer stadium would only be one area of the expenses involved in a move to Division-I.

Comment

That has to happen either way. Won't be soon, but it will definitely be an insurance liability very soon.

I honestly can't believe there hasn't been some type of lawsuit already!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                That has to happen either way. Won't be soon, but it will definitely be an insurance liability very soon.

All it takes is one fall down the stairs. It could be like bowling and take a whole crew out if one person starts rolling from the top.

Chad Courrier reported that they will put up railings. More lipstick on the pig.

Comment

All it takes is one fall down the stairs. It could be like bowling and take a whole crew out if one person starts rolling from the top.

Chad Courrier reported that they will put up railings. More lipstick on the pig.
                  Out of curiosity. Where is the Wheelchair seating in the Blake and are there accessible restrooms?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    Out of curiosity. Where is the Wheelchair seating in the Blake and are there accessible restrooms?
                    There is a ramp on the northwest side of the stadium- can't remember when it was put up but it has been there several years. They sit in front towards that end in front of the bleachers. They have ushers to tell people not to stand in front of them, which should be obvious but some people are completely clueless.

Now I don't know about the visitor's side. I don't remember a ramp over there. As far as restrooms, I know that they had accessible Port a Potties during the playoffs- I remember seeing them. Same when the regular restrooms are open- there a couple of stalls that have a curtain for access.

Comment

There is a ramp on the northwest side of the stadium- can't remember when it was put up but it has been there several years. They sit in front towards that end in front of the bleachers. They have ushers to tell people not to stand in front of them, which should be obvious but some people are completely clueless.

Now I don't know about the visitor's side. I don't remember a ramp over there. As far as restrooms, I know that they had accessible Port a Potties during the playoffs- I remember seeing them. Same when the regular restrooms are open- there a couple of stalls that have a curtain for access.
                      Years ago when we were there we forgot a Nuk for our little one, I had to walk all the way to Walgreens to get one. What kind of a place you operating there?

Comment

Fortunate that there has not been. At least they are being proactive in installing the railings; though should have been done long ago. If there are no serious plans for a new structure on the horizon, making necessary improvements on the current stadium is about all they can do. Rather like investing money in a old vehicle to keep it running for the time being, in a way.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                          Fortunate that there has not been. At least they are being proactive in installing the railings; though should have been done long ago. If there are no serious plans for a new structure on the horizon, making necessary improvements on the current stadium is about all they can do. Rather like investing money in a old vehicle to keep it running for the time being, in a way.
                          That's the best analogy for the Blake that I've heard/seen. It's got about 750,000 miles on it by now.

Comment

That's the best analogy for the Blake that I've heard/seen. It's got about 750,000 miles on it by now.
                            Why am I reminded of the jalopy in the Grapes of Wrath?

Amazing what a new coat of paint can do!

Comment

I found interesting attendance stats from the NCAA sight on 2017. The NSIC ranked 12th out of 16 conferences with an ave of 2562. NSU 1st in conf with 3942 UMD 2nd with 3667, Auggie 3rd with 3599 Mankato 4th with 3383, Crookston last with 910. MIAC ranks first in D3 ave. of 3090 per game. with UST 1st with 7478, St. Johns with 6092. they rank 1 and 2 in the nation. The Pioneer conf ranks 12 out of 13 FCS conf. with 3088, Morehead St 1st with 5887, 2nd Butler 3225. MV football conf ranks 2nd in FCS with ave. of 10697, NDSU 1st with18,333 Western Ill last with 3477. Will Auggie draw a bigger crowd in FCS? I doubt in the pioneer, in fact might do down, as those teams do not bring, might go up in the MVC as fans travel with their teams, especially the Dakota schools

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                                Will Auggie draw a bigger crowd in FCS? I doubt in the pioneer, in fact might do down, as those teams do not bring, might go up in the MVC as fans travel with their teams, especially the Dakota schools
                                I've been going on road trips to follow the Mavs for about 25 years. With the recent success of MSU over the past decade I see quite a few fans making the road trip to Sioux Falls. I doubt that Butler will bring as many. And will MVFC schools agree to a road game at Augie? They might, but then USD, SDSU and NDSU fans would take over the place.

And before someone chimes in about basketball, 35's post is about football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X