Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MSU Maverick Football

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

    Will the actual game count just as a stand alone game or count for next season? Will individual stats be counted towards career stats for players?
    I asked the MSU football account directly on twitter. No responses. I'm not sure if they even know. I gotta believe it will be an individual game. Academic years I'd assume wouldn't carry over athletic standings

    Comment


    • #32
      How was your scrimmage at Morningside yesterday?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

        They recently made renovations to the baseball field so I don’t think that’s happening
        Oh. Was not aware of that.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
          How was your scrimmage at Morningside yesterday?
          I'm curious also. Did no Mankato fans travel down?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post

            I'm curious also. Did no Mankato fans travel down?
            From some Twitter pics that I saw they evidently did. I haven't talked to my Mav sources yet so I haven't heard how things went.

            Comment


            • #36
              Chris Reed signs with the Colts on a 1 year deal. Good luck Chris!

              https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/4/...-year-contract

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                Chris Reed signs with the Colts on a 1 year deal. Good luck Chris!

                https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/4/...-year-contract
                Good. Gets him closer.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by laker View Post

                  Good. Gets him closer.
                  To both Mankato and his hometown of Omaha!

                  Too bad the Vikings don’t play them for at another three years or unless they play them in the new 17 game scheduling format.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

                    To both Mankato and his hometown of Omaha!

                    Too bad the Vikings don’t play them for at another three years or unless they play them in the new 17 game scheduling format.
                    When he was with Jacksonville they scrimmaged the Vikings in Eagan. I tried to go but the $10 tickets were sold out.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by laker View Post

                      When he was with Jacksonville they scrimmaged the Vikings in Eagan. I tried to go but the $10 tickets were sold out.
                      I have it on good authority that he had a number of teams pursue him including Vikings, but they decided not to guarantee $ since he was "not the right body type for their offense." So 6-4, 325 isn't "right." Hmmm.

                      Colts came hard at him. Good for all.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Quentin44 View Post

                        I have it on good authority that he had a number of teams pursue him including Vikings, but they decided not to guarantee $ since he was "not the right body type for their offense." So 6-4, 325 isn't "right." Hmmm.

                        Colts came hard at him. Good for all.
                        Odd. They said the same thing about me. No accounting for taste- which in the case of the Vikings, tends to run towards "bitter". I am down to one reason to pay any attention to that team anymore.

                        Go where you are wanted and appreciated. Good for Chris, I hope he does well.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Quentin44 View Post

                          I have it on good authority that he had a number of teams pursue him including Vikings, but they decided not to guarantee $ since he was "not the right body type for their offense." So 6-4, 325 isn't "right." Hmmm.

                          Colts came hard at him. Good for all.
                          Nope. At that size, he might actually get in the way of the other team’s pass rush. The Vikings can’t have that...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I saw a video last night on Instagram of what appeared to be Brandon, Shane, Jake Wieneke, and some other guys practicing on-field in the Twin Cities. Brandon and Shane had shared it. Neat video for what it was.

                            Not going to read too much into it, but it would be cool if he was still working for his shot in the CFL or something. Regardless, it was a fun watch. The editor had image stabilized the whole thing so it was a little trippy, though.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Scrimmage canceled.

                              https://msumavericks.com/news/2021/4...cancelled.aspx

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                5 Mavs named to Hampshire Honor Society. Congratulations!

                                https://msumavericks.com/news/2021/4...r-society.aspx

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X