Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MSU Maverick Football

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Great aerial photo of the Blake.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by laker View Post
      Great aerial photo of the Blake.

      I don't see your throne in the picture.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

        I don't see your throne in the picture.
        That was in the restroom and they decided to not show it on a family style photo.

        Comment


        • #79
          Mavs are ranked #2 to start out the season. The top 5 in the AFCA largely reflects the finishing of the 2019 season but its nice news to hear nonetheless! UMD sits at #23 while the coo and auggie both received votes.

          Comment


          • #80
            This year is going to be interesting. I feel like it’s a retooling year, and 9-2 feels like it’s in play. Obviously, I hope I am way off and it’s 11-0, but this year just seems more like that ‘down’ year time. It does help greatly to have Ekowa back at QB so they have some experience and leadership at that position. There is PLENTY of talent on this roster, just hoping it all comes together again.

            That said, it is so much better to be talking of 9-2 as a ‘down’ year. It wasn’t all that long ago the Mavs went 0-11. Crazy.

            Comment


            • #81
              It certainly seems that the Purple Mavs are the best D2 team not to win a title in the past 15 years.
              Any others come to mind?

              Comment


              • #82
                Little late but it was fun being at the Vikings game watching three mavs in action! Pretty uncommon seeing 3 D2 guys from the same team play in the same NFL game I would say! Ran into Coach Hoffner as well!

                Adam Thielen, Chris Reed and now Shane Zystra are representing the mavs well!!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                  It certainly seems that the Purple Mavs are the best D2 team not to win a title in the past 15 years.
                  Any others come to mind?
                  I don’t think Ferris St. has won a championship either? I think they’re the next closest team to the Mavs as greatest programs to never won a championship.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

                    I don’t think Ferris St. has won a championship either? I think they’re the next closest team to the Mavs as greatest programs to never won a championship.
                    Correct - they were runner's up in 2018 though.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Making my trip to Mankato for the Northern game next week. Looking forward to it!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

                        Correct - they were runner's up in 2018 though.
                        And we were running runner ups in 2014 and last season (technically).

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

                          And we were running runner ups in 2014 and last season (technically).
                          Yeah. One of these year's the Mavs will bridge that gap.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Shane Zystra stood out in today’s intrasqaud scrimmage today!! Hope he can crack the practice squad!!

                            https://www.vikings.com/news/shane-z...team-scrimmage

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                              Shane Zystra stood out in today’s intrasqaud scrimmage today!! Hope he can crack the practice squad!!

                              https://www.vikings.com/news/shane-z...team-scrimmage
                              Really, the best part of that play (from the description) is that he was able to get YAC. That’s a question Mark for Zylstra against NFL speed. Hope he catches on, he deserves a shot.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                According to Chad Courrier- Evan Heim was cut by the Lions today. No word from the Vikings on Shane Zylstra. NFL can start building practice squads on Wednesday.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X