X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    No offense to Boyer or the JUCO guys, but it'd be nice to hopefully have the QB position back to SMSU's high standards.
    Boyer has a great year last year. He really cam along nicely. He was the least of our problems.

Five years ago I figured he had no chance to play. Made 2nd team all conference and deserved it

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by SMSU fan View Post
    The qb Arvay and his father did a radio show in Arizona and said that after Sioux Falls fiasco he was gonna walk on to Northern Arizona but coach Sauter got on phone with him for over an hour and they really had a great conversation and Arvay was sold. He really couldnt believe and was excited he would get opportunity to play Sioux Falls. Father said coach Sauter had long phone call with him (hour and half) and he was sold too,. Both father and son were excited and comfortable with coach and SMSU after phone calls and Sauter's over the top excitement rubbed off on them. He really sold them on SMSU. Being former NFL qb was factor as well.
    Crazy story. Hopefully it works out well for the Mustangs.
    Excited for football. well, more excited for baseball but who knows when that starts. My kid is itchy to play ball!

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    I am willing to give the USF guys the benefit fo the doubt. Who knows what was said. I just know I like what I see and I am happy he is coming to Marshall.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    No offense to Boyer or the JUCO guys, but it'd be nice to hopefully have the QB position back to SMSU's high standards.

Leave a comment:

• SMSU fan
    replied
    Yeah in high school Arvay played with some of best in country and against the best in country. If he doesnt end up starting as freshman at SMSU that means the starter must be really good so either way its exciting for SMSU!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Arvay's top target last season was Colorado signee Brenden Rice, otherwise known as a son of Jerry.

Leave a comment:

• SMSU fan
    replied
    The qb Arvay and his father did a radio show in Arizona and said that after Sioux Falls fiasco he was gonna walk on to Northern Arizona but coach Sauter got on phone with him for over an hour and they really had a great conversation and Arvay was sold. He really couldnt believe and was excited he would get opportunity to play Sioux Falls. Father said coach Sauter had long phone call with him (hour and half) and he was sold too,. Both father and son were excited and comfortable with coach and SMSU after phone calls and Sauter's over the top excitement rubbed off on them. He really sold them on SMSU. Being former NFL qb was factor as well.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    If true, I kinda lost a little respect for the USF recruiting team...

Not sure what they thought would happen on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Full scholarship for one. And the chance to face USF probably doesn't hurt after his recruiting experience.

Arvay was upset over feeling fooled after going on a recruiting trip to Sioux Falls, where he said he was told he was their No. 1 quarterback.

He said Sioux Falls set up a recruiting trip for him and went there believing he was their guy.

"I came to realize after the visit at about 8 hours before I had left Sioux Falls that they had told me 30 minutes prior to be boarding my flight for Sioux Falls that the supposed # 2 guy they were going for committed and that I was left stuck with nothing," Arvay said in a text message to The Arizona Republic on Sunday.

"They assured me and my parents that I was the # 1 guy and I had the choice to commit first before the 2nd guy had the chance. Later I found out that was really their # 2 guy and they brought me on the visit to assure the other kid to commit because I was coming on a visit. My mother had to pay for her own flight, which was $600, and the whole (time) knowing they had a kid committed.

"Coaches assured me my mom and me that they needed me and I would play right away if I came."

Arvay, who led Hamilton to the Open Division semifinals last season in a breakout year, said that his coach, Mike Zdebski, texted and called as many college coaches he could, asking if they knew anybody who needed a quarterback right away, after finding out what had happened.

Southwest Minnesota State answered.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...te/4593971002/

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Full scholarship for one. And the chance to face USF probably doesn't hurt after his recruiting experience.

Arvay was upset over feeling fooled after going on a recruiting trip to Sioux Falls, where he said he was told he was their No. 1 quarterback.

He said Sioux Falls set up a recruiting trip for him and went there believing he was their guy.

"I came to realize after the visit at about 8 hours before I had left Sioux Falls that they had told me 30 minutes prior to be boarding my flight for Sioux Falls that the supposed # 2 guy they were going for committed and that I was left stuck with nothing," Arvay said in a text message to The Arizona Republic on Sunday.

"They assured me and my parents that I was the # 1 guy and I had the choice to commit first before the 2nd guy had the chance. Later I found out that was really their # 2 guy and they brought me on the visit to assure the other kid to commit because I was coming on a visit. My mother had to pay for her own flight, which was $600, and the whole (time) knowing they had a kid committed.

"Coaches assured me my mom and me that they needed me and I would play right away if I came."

Arvay, who led Hamilton to the Open Division semifinals last season in a breakout year, said that his coach, Mike Zdebski, texted and called as many college coaches he could, asking if they knew anybody who needed a quarterback right away, after finding out what had happened.

Southwest Minnesota State answered.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...te/4593971002/

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Yeah, the region he played in was 8th toughest region in country as per maxpreps and he was voted qb of the year and 6a (biggest division) qb of year. Two of teams he played against were top in country (no9) and no24 at time he played them, had 6 tds in those games in 6quarters(left semifinal in 3rd quarter with injury) and would have played for overall Az title if not for injury..Top receiver was jerry rice's son Brenden Rice(colorado) . top 3 dual threat qb in entire state as senior., maybe the best. I watched a couple videos online and kid has cannon for an arm, some reporters in Az said maybe strongest and most accurate in state

Leave a comment:

• SMSU fan
    replied
    Yeah, the region he played in was 8th toughest region in country as per maxpreps and he was voted qb of the year and 6a (biggest division) qb of year. Two of teams he played against were top in country (no9) and no24 at time he played them, had 6 tds in those games in 6quarters(left semifinal in 3rd quarter with injury) and would have played for overall Az title if not for injury..Top receiver was jerry rice's son Brenden Rice(colorado) . top 3 dual threat qb in entire state as senior., maybe the best. I watched a couple videos online and kid has cannon for an arm, some reporters in Az said maybe strongest and most accurate in state

Leave a comment:

• 212 Degrees
    replied
    The qb Arvay is huge get for Sauter. SMSU got one of the best high school quarterbacks in Arizona. Team finished as the 3rd ranked team in state(overall) He s from biggest school in state. Played against no9 team in country and had 4 tds. Could b a program changer. SMSU fans got somethin to look forward to! Check out his film on hudl or twitter. Nick Arvay Hamilton High School Nick Arvay7 twitter. Film will blow u away like it did me.
    You are 100% right. I just watched the highlight tape and he has some wheels and a nice touch on the ball. We're lucky to have him in the stable (QB room).

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    The qb Arvay is huge get for Sauter. SMSU got one of the best high school quarterbacks in Arizona. Team finished as the 3rd ranked team in state(overall) He s from biggest school in state. Played against no9 team in country and had 4 tds. Could b a program changer. SMSU fans got somethin to look forward to! Check out his film on hudl or twitter. Nick Arvay Hamilton High School Nick Arvay7 twitter. Film will blow u away like it did me.

Leave a comment:

• SMSU fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X