Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Falk looked good for a freshman. Good future.

Bresnahan will be a huge loss.
    Yeah, tough to replace that level of production. Fortunately Laqua has been able to recruit receivers fairly well.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
      Also really hoping for good outcomes this weekend. This is the LAST chance for a Trifecta in Football this season. A Trifecta for me is a weekend with a Gophers win, a Dragons win and a Vikings win on the same weekend. So far, it hasn't happened.
      • Sept. 2-5: Dragons WON vs SMSU, Gophers LOST to Ohio State, Vikings BYE
      • Sept. 11-12: Dragons LOST to Winona State, Gophers WON vs Miami OH, Vikings LOST to Cincinnati
      • Sept. 18-19: Dragons LOST to Augustana, Gophers WON vs Colorado, Vikings LOST to Arizona
      • Sept. 25-26: Dragons WON vs Upper Iowa, Gophers LOST to Bowling Green, Vikings WON vs Seattle
      • Oct. 2-3: Dragons LOST to Minnesota Duluth, Gophers WON vs Purdue, Vikings LOST to Cleveland
      • Oct. 9-10: Dragons WON vs Minot State, Gophers BYE , Vikings WON vs Detroit
      • Oct. 16-17: Dragons LOST to Bemidji State, Gophers WON vs Nebraska, Vikings WON vs Carolina
      • Oct. 23-24: Dragons WON vs UMary, Gophers WON vs Maryland, Vikings BYE
      • Oct. 30-31: Dragons LOST to Northern State, Gophers WON vs Northwestern, Vikings LOST to Dallas
      • Nov. 6-7: Dragons WON vs Concordia SP, Gophers LOST to Illinois, Vikings LOST to Baltimore.
      And in the final week, Dragons and Gophers both lost, Vikings won. Guess I'm happy there was no week with all three losing.

Comment

Falk was pretty good for a Freshman. Good future.

Dragons will really miss # 3

Comment

• Sioux Falls: UMD: Bemidji State: That 2018 win feels like so long ago because of the cancelled season and also due to the last two losses. I really want the Axe back, especially after how close the 2019 and 2021 games were.
          • UMary: Another rivalry game. Dragons have won the Paddle six times in a row and I want to keep it that way.
          • Wayne State: The final game of the season is always important. Add on how the Dragons lost a close one 24-21 last year in the snow in the finale and it makes this one more important in my opinion.

Comment

• Sioux Falls: UMD: Bemidji State: That 2018 win feels like so long ago because of the cancelled season and also due to the last two losses. I really want the Axe back, especially after how close the 2019 and 2021 games were.
            • UMary: Another rivalry game. Dragons have won the Paddle six times in a row and I want to keep it that way.
            • Wayne State: The final game of the season is always important. Add on how the Dragons lost a close one 24-21 last year in the snow in the finale and it makes this one more important in my opinion.
            Have the Dragoons ever beat USF or UMD?

Comment

Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

Have the Dragoons ever beat USF or UMD?
              In recent history, no. MSUM is 0-12 against UMD going back to 08 and 0-4 vs USF in 2012. Overall, UMD holds a 38-20-4 series lead over the Dragons. Last time Moorhead beat Duluth was 1999. The Dragons have never beaten USF, and have only played them the four times since 2012.

Just for some extra trivia, in the battle of Minnesota State Universities, Mavericks lead the series with the Dragons 20-14. Also, Augustana leads the MSUM series 5-2.

Comment

New Fargo-Moorhead Forum story on Quarterback Tommy Falk -
                'More falls on my shoulders': Dragons QB Tommy Falk more confident heading into 2nd season as starter

Comment

Heading up for week one. Any good recommendations for food and a cold drink before the game?

Comment

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post
                    Heading up for week one. Any good recommendations for food and a cold drink before the game?
                    Definitely. One thing to note is being the bigger of the two cities, Fargo is going to have more options. Also, the MSU campus is kind of tucked away in a residential area of the city, so it's not really within walking distance of restaurants other than fast food.
                    • If you're thinking of hitting up a brewery, I'd go with Drekker in Fargo or Junkyard in Moorhead
                    • For BBQ, my favorite place in F-M is the Spitfire Bar and Grill.
                    • If you want pizza, Spicy Pie is by far my favorite. You can buy big NY style pizza by the slice and they have beer on tap.
                    • If in the mood for Mexican, I'd go with Paradiso. Good menu and margaritas.
                    • If you want sort of a traditional bar and grill location, a favorite of mine is the Old Broadway in downtown Fargo. Historic spot with good food
                    • Another bar/grill option is Lucky 13's Pub, it's in the west acres area of Fargo
                    • Also, if you suddenly change your mind and want hot drinks instead of cold, Sandy's Donuts and Coffee Shop is a good option. Usually they'll make special donuts with school colors during football season for MSU, NDSU and Concordia.

Comment

Comment

IceBox....appreciate you keeping MSUM folks updating with stuff here. Nice work.

Comment

Definitely. One thing to note is being the bigger of the two cities, Fargo is going to have more options. Also, the MSU campus is kind of tucked away in a residential area of the city, so it's not really within walking distance of restaurants other than fast food.
                          • If you're thinking of hitting up a brewery, I'd go with Drekker in Fargo or Junkyard in Moorhead
                          • For BBQ, my favorite place in F-M is the Spitfire Bar and Grill.
                          • If you want pizza, Spicy Pie is by far my favorite. You can buy big NY style pizza by the slice and they have beer on tap.
                          • If in the mood for Mexican, I'd go with Paradiso. Good menu and margaritas.
                          • If you want sort of a traditional bar and grill location, a favorite of mine is the Old Broadway in downtown Fargo. Historic spot with good food
                          • Another bar/grill option is Lucky 13's Pub, it's in the west acres area of Fargo
                          • Also, if you suddenly change your mind and want hot drinks instead of cold, Sandy's Donuts and Coffee Shop is a good option. Usually they'll make special donuts with school colors during football season for MSU, NDSU and Concordia.
                          Thanks for the great recommendations

Comment

Bemidji has quite a few options in its downtown area that I'd recommend. Brigid's Pub is a good spot if you're in the mood for an Irish vibe. Has Guinness, Shepherd's pie, the whole nine. Another downtown option is Bar 209, really good bar and grill type place.

If you want something a little more simple I'd go with Bemidji Brewing, good beer and appetizer food like pretzels. Another bar and grill type place downtown is Keg N Cork, very typical burger basket type options.

Some other places to note. If you're in the mood for Mexican, Mi Rancho a bit north in Bemidji has really great food. If you want to get some pizza I'd recommend Dave's.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                              IceBox....appreciate you keeping MSUM folks updating with stuff here. Nice work.
                              Sure thing, I love getting the word out on the Dragons whenever I can!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X