Thursday Sept 2
    Duluth at Upper Iowa
    Northern at MSU
    Bemidji at Sioux Falls
    Mary at Wayne
    Moorhead at Southwest
    CSP at Winona

[u]Saturday Sept 4[u]

I expect Duluth, MSU, and Augie to all win by 3 TDs or more. I have no idea what to expect from Northern this year, but I do know that going to Mankato is not an ideal way to start the season. Anything within 20 points will be a success in my eyes. I think Winona and Wayne will get wins by a touchdown or so as well. Moorhead should also get a W in Marshall as the Mustangs have had tremendous turnover on the roster there. The game of the week is Bemidji at USF. The Coo will be too much for the Beavers.

With all that said, I don't think anyone can be too confident in what this season will hold. Mankato will be the class of the conference, but other than that there are so many unknowns. It will be nice to see some NSIC football again this season though.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
      Thursday Sept 2
      Duluth at Upper Iowa
      Northern at MSU
      Bemidji at Sioux Falls
      Mary at Wayne
      Moorhead at Southwest
      CSP at Winona

[u]Saturday Sept 4[u]
      Minot at Augustana
      Only one Saturday game and of course Augie doesn't host at night. I'll agree with Thunder- on paper the GOTW is the Beaver-Cougar contest. I'll go with the traditional favorites until someone shows that they have moved up. I hope that we can have a complete season.

Comment

Thursday Sept 2
        Duluth at Upper Iowa
        Northern at MSU
        Bemidji at Sioux Falls
        Mary at Wayne
        Moorhead at Southwest
        CSP at Winona

[u]Saturday Sept 4[u]
        Is this gonna be the Pick 'Em?

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Is this gonna be the Pick 'Em?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            I expect Duluth, MSU, and Augie to all win by 3 TDs or more. I have no idea what to expect from Northern this year, but I do know that going to Mankato is not an ideal way to start the season. Anything within 20 points will be a success in my eyes. I think Winona and Wayne will get wins by a touchdown or so as well. Moorhead should also get a W in Marshall as the Mustangs have had tremendous turnover on the roster there. The game of the week is Bemidji at USF. The Coo will be too much for the Beavers.

With all that said, I don't think anyone can be too confident in what this season will hold. Mankato will be the class of the conference, but other than that there are so many unknowns. It will be nice to see some NSIC football again this season though.

Comment

Thursday Sept 2
              Duluth at Upper Iowa
              Northern at MSU
              Bemidji at Sioux Falls
              Mary at Wayne
              Moorhead at Southwest
              CSP at Winona

[u]Saturday Sept 4[u]
              Bulldogs
              Mavs
              Cougs
              Cats
              Dragons
              Warriors
              Vikings

Comment

I'm open to the idea of the Peacocks keeping it close for a little while, but they were picked DFL and I don't think that was an accident. Preseason polls aren't usually worth the paper they are printed on, especially this year. But Duluth is a traditional power and I trust they will still be pretty good. I don't think UIU will necessarily be the worst team in the league, but if they beat Duluth it would be one of the bigger NSIC upsets in quite some time.

If the Mavs could choose week 1 to confirm some of your concerns for the season that would be great. As I've said for a while, I have no clue what NSU will be this year. They could be anywhere from 3-8 to 8-3 this season. A winning record would be a good start to the Schmidt era.

Comment

1 Week from today games start, and there are some D1 games on TV this weekend!!!! This is better than Christmas and my birthday.

Comment

Thursday Sept 2
                    Duluth at Upper Iowa - Duluth by a bunch
                    Northern at MSU - MSU by a couple of scores
                    Bemidji at Sioux Falls - Bemidji in a close upset
                    Mary at Wayne - Wayne by 2 TDs
                    Moorhead at Southwest - Moorhead by a TD
                    CSP at Winona - Winona by a couple of points

[u]Saturday Sept 4[u]
                    Minot at Augustana - Augie, but the Beavers keep in interesting into the 4th.

Comment

I'm open to the idea of the Peacocks keeping it close for a little while, but they were picked DFL and I don't think that was an accident. Preseason polls aren't usually worth the paper they are printed on, especially this year. But Duluth is a traditional power and I trust they will still be pretty good. I don't think UIU will necessarily be the worst team in the league, but if they beat Duluth it would be one of the bigger NSIC upsets in quite some time.

If the Mavs could choose week 1 to confirm some of your concerns for the season that would be great. As I've said for a while, I have no clue what NSU will be this year. They could be anywhere from 3-8 to 8-3 this season. A winning record would be a good start to the Schmidt era.

Comment

Duluth at Upper Iowa
                        Northern at MSU
                        Bemidji at Sioux Falls
                        Mary at Wayne
                        Moorhead at Southwest
                        CSP at Winona
                        Minot at Augustana

I agree that the BSU/USF Game is the game of the week.

Comment

Comment

Here's my highly anticipated take on SMSU's 2021 campaign:

Thank heavens we have a punter listed on the roster.

I'm available for radio interviews if anyone else wants to hear my in-depth analysis and hot takes.

Comment

Looking forward to watch the BSU versus USF game. The Cougars will start a true freshman QB in Adam Mullen. 6.0 195lbs out of Highland Ranch CO. BSU QB, Brandon Alt 6.0 200lbs, Cottage Grove MN. has been around since 2017 with only 3 games under his belt due to injuries is a RS, sophomore. BSU brings some veteran stud defensive players to the tilt, so I am leaning towards the Beavers in this game. This looks to be the most competitive game of the week. Going to be interesting how UMD plays UIU after the Peacocks spanked the Dogs 23-13 at Duluth in 2019.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X