Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Purple Mav Fan has pointed out the Peacocks own a 1 game winning streak against Duluth, beat them at their house, and will ride that momentum for a huge W at the home opener! You gotta go with the hot hand here ;) With all fun aside I think it's pretty hard to predict how any of the teams are going to look outside of Mankato with the 2020 season not played, roster turn overs, Covid impacts, etc...I just glad we are going to have football back, hope everyone can stay safe, and we get a full season. We'll have a better idea after a couple of weeks where everyone stands.

Comment

Haha, that could very well be true. All the way back to like 4 games ago. The UIU schedule of the last few seasons is interesting to look at. They only won 2 games in 2019, but one of those was at Duluth. In 2018 they only won 3 games, but they beat both Winona and Bemidji who were pretty solid teams that year. I guess you never know. I'll be pulling for the Peacocks next week just for the fact that I would love to see some upsets this year.

Comment

Early season games are always interesting. Sometimes upsets can happen just because the "power programs" aren't quite up to speed. I actually think BSU wins the game but that's just simply because USF seems to always have a stumble then run everyone over later in the year.

Comment

Thursday Sept 2
          Duluth at Upper Iowa
          Northern at MSU
          Bemidji at Sioux Falls
          Mary at Wayne
          Moorhead at Southwest
          CSP at Winona

Saturday Sept 4
          Minot at Augustana

game of the week is Bemidji v USF. If healthy, both these teams can make the playoffs. I believe QB is the difference here. Alt is a stud. I believe he has FCS type talent. BSU defense will surprise people this year.

Comment

A lot of new faces for the Coo. I think the defense should be solid but all new QB and some new faces on the OL. BSU is a tough out right outta the gate. Glad it's at the Bob but Coo are going to have be locked in from the get-go. Until I actually see this team in person after such a long layover I don't know what to think. Are we better than I think? Or are we a step back from a 2019 PO team? I'm leaning the latter until proven otherwise. Heart says Coo, brain says BSU at the moment. Prove me wrong.

-I think Duluth rolls.
            -NSU is up and coming but hasn't played a down with an all new coaching staff yet and are on the road. Purple Cows should put it away late or likely even early.
            -Still not sold on Mary. Would love to see Bagnell turn it around up there but I like Wayne at home.
            -SMSU has what feels like an all new team. Moorhead has been up and down but more ups under Laqua. I like Moorhead here, even on the road.
            -CSP has gotten back to middle of the pack after a few years of some dreadful football. Can they ever be a regular PO contender? Not sure. Winona should still win this handily. Tom Sawyer farewell tour correct WSU fans???
            -Aldrich bowl at KO in the Saturday matinee. Can Kyle Saddler stop throwing picks this year? Feels like that's been an issue for him from what I remember. Will Coach Aldrich get the red beavers over the hump and keep them out of the North cellar? No more Crookston (RIP). I think Aldrich & Co. keeps it close early against his former employer but Augie is too much down the stretch and wins easily.

Sad not seeing Crookston and SCSU. Pour one out for our North division brethren gone too soon. Time to get some OOC games on the menu then.
            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
            2016 NSIC Champions
            đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
              Early season games are always interesting. Sometimes upsets can happen just because the "power programs" aren't quite up to speed. I actually think BSU wins the game but that's just simply because USF seems to always have a stumble then run everyone over later in the year.
              Well said. Outside of the UMD thrashing in the 2017 opener, Coach A's USF HC debut, the past two season openers for the Coo have been awful. Miraculous comeback needed in 2018 to beat a below average CSP team. Then getting absolutely throttled to start the 2019 season by CSP. I would love to see USF start the season stronger than the past few years.
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘đŸ”‘

Comment

Big games for some of the middle of the pack teams like Moorhead, SMSU, Concordia, Winona.

Win in week one and you are off to a good start. Lose and behind the 8 ball most of the season.

Same for Bemidji and USF although a win there might be playoffs instead of not. so plenty of huge games.

Honestly for most of the teams it is a crapshoot given no one has played for 2 years. gonna be very unpredicatble.

Comment

For those of you who missed it- NSU4LIFE ran the first leg and has passed the baton to WSUWarriorFan for the actual picks contest. Thanks guys! The season winner gets the coveted Chocolate Milk Trophy. Check it out here:

2021 NSIC Pick'em (Pifks Only) - D2 Message Board (d2football.com)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    For those of you who missed it- NSU4LIFE ran the first leg and has passed the baton to WSUWarriorFan for the actual picks contest. Thanks guys! The season winner gets the coveted Chocolate Milk Trophy. Check it out here:

I was thinking about adding some Bloedows donuts in the mix this year but might be difficult with so many out of towners.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I was thinking about adding some Bloedows donuts in the mix this year but might be difficult with so many out of towners.
                      Now that would be a real treat!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                        -CSP has gotten back to middle of the pack after a few years of some dreadful football. Can they ever be a regular PO contender? Not sure. Winona should still win this handily. Tom Sawyer farewell tour correct WSU fans???
                        Indeed it is, sad to see him go but knew the time was coming. They should start building the statue now.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Comment

[QUOTE=Twincitiesmav;n593964]

Comment

Very intrigued to see what Wayne looks like under McMenamin against real competition.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                                Very intrigued to see what Wayne looks like under McMenamin against real competition.
                                WSC will knock off an upper tier team this year IMO. Hoping it's not Augustana as Wayne always plays AU well. McMenamin has some quality commitments for 2022 thus far. Crazy how early kids are commiting, Kato has at least 15 already.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X