X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMary1
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

It's Quite the honor to have $Simple on the football board.
    It looks like $Simple is messaging from a dorm room. I wouldnt put much stock in his message.

UMary has 17 active players on their roster from Arizona. When they were NAIA they built the program in the early 90's on the backs of JUCO transfers from California. Our AD Dale Lennon has been a great program supporter he started his career as a head coach at Mary. AD before him didn't want any JUCOs and it really hurt the program. It seems like word of mouth is getting around Arizona prer circles that NSIC is a great place to play. Once a coach builds rapport and they see quality stadiums and a fan base the weather at times becomes an after thought.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I see a kid by the name of sam quick is no longer on the Sioux Falls roster. Did his pot selling finally catch up with him?
    It's Quite the honor to have $Simple on the football board.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Interestingly, McClure isn't even the Arizona primary recruiter (he's got Vegas and SoCal). It's Bullerman.
    Huh, that is interesting. He must be a great salesman then.

Never would have guessed.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Our DC was at Dixie State in Utah before joining us. I've heard that's the reason why we recruit so heavily out of there. He had a lot of connections and carried a good reputation with HS coaches in the area.

It should be fun to see how it transforms both teams in the coming few years.
    Interestingly, McClure isn't even the Arizona primary recruiter (he's got Vegas and SoCal). It's Bullerman.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I see a kid by the name of sam quick is no longer on the Sioux Falls roster. Did his pot selling finally catch up with him?
    Who?????

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

It looks like SMSU and UMary will be battling the Arizona area for recruiting. It seems like there is a lot of talent coming out of there as of late. Obviously Kittner was a great get. Azusa Pacific folding their program really helped out UMary as Azusa had a nice pipeline there before.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

It looks like SMSU and UMary will be battling the Arizona area for recruiting. It seems like there is a lot of talent coming out of there as of late. Obviously Kittner was a great get. Azusa Pacific folding their program really helped out UMary as Azusa had a nice pipeline there before.
    Our DC was at Dixie State in Utah before joining us. I've heard that's the reason why we recruit so heavily out of there. He had a lot of connections and carried a good reputation with HS coaches in the area.

It should be fun to see how it transforms both teams in the coming few years.

Leave a comment:

• UMary1
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'm cautiously excited for the next couple of years. I like this group of guys.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

With SMSU huge recruiting class they have already surpassed my expectations for wins. Just think what the Mustangs could do next season!
    I'm cautiously excited for the next couple of years. I like this group of guys.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    mustangs just seem to have Upper's #. Thank God. we needed that win
    With SMSU huge recruiting class they have already surpassed my expectations for wins. Just think what the Mustangs could do next season!

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    mustangs just seem to have Upper's #. Thank God. we needed that win

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    much more fun than predictable

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

Or did Saddler do what he could and appropriately throw the ball away because the Coo had everyone covered? The throws into the dirt was because DF had 9 guys playing screen perfectly and there was no way or point to trying to throw the pass. The throws into the sideline he was running for his life and appropriately avoiding coverage sacks. SF coaches did a great job scouting and knew our every move. Later in the game they figured out how to read our run game too and had 3 guys on our RB at every hand off. We need to work on more variety.

And I wonder if the same thing happened to our defense. SF scouting found all our weaknesses in the pass game and knew we would focus to much on the run game.
    Cannot share your sentiment, there were open receivers and accuracy was off. I would expect a 4 year starter to be more aware in big games. Saddler was not under a great deal of pressure. Vikings ran the ball well so it wasn't like AU was 1 dimensional.

The Cougars are a better team then record would suggest. They played well on Defense and will finish season strong. It was Mullen who played like a 4 year starter. USF got a gem in him.
    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 10-03-2021, 12:20 PM. Reason: Added info

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X