Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Not so but early Regional 4 Rankings after 5 weeks.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Not so but early Regional 4 Rankings after 5 weeks.

The real rankings come out in a few weeks but thought I would start the speculation now!! Here is my take..

1. Colorado School of Mines (5-0) already the only undefeated team left in this region.

2. Minnesota St. Mankato (4-1) I know I will get some crap but Mankato has been playing much better (granted against some bad teams) and seem to get better as the season progresses. They have a longer WS than the other 2 teams I have in the top 7 from the nsic.

3. Midwestern St. (4-1) They have been somewhat of a surprise this season but then they were upset by CWU last night which knocks them down to #3.

4. Augustana (4-1) They have the most balanced attack in the NSIC and they have played mostly consistent throughout the year, yesterday’s game showed they do have vulnerabilities.

5. Angelo St. (4-1) They’ve slowly continued to rise and have become a force in the LSC. Need more convincing wins to move them up.

6. Minnesota Duluth (4-1) When they beat Mankato convincingly, they looked like they were gonna run away in the nsic. Then they get upset by Wayne St. and nearly lost to MSU Moorhead and scored a game-winning touchdown with only two seconds left. It would’ve been another bad loss for them so their ranking really slid in the last few weeks. Also apparently their QB John Larson is hurt yet again.

7. Western Colorado (4-1) Another surprise team this year as they’ve got it done on the defensive end and nearly upset Colorado school of mines.

Teams that just missed the cut but still plenty of time
    8. University of Texas of the Permian Basin (3-1)
    9. Texas A&M Commerce (3-2)
    10. Wayne St. (4-1)

Teams that still have a chance
    Sioux Falls (3-2)
    Colorado Mesa (3-1)
    Black Hills St (4-1)
    Bemidji St. (3-2)
    Colorado St. Pueblo (3-2)
    Central Washington (3-1)

You may be correct giving MSU such lofty rankings. UMD schedule is less intimidating. Game at Mary. With BSU, NSU and Augustana at home. Mavs have WSC, USF and Augustana at home with a road game to Winona. If MSU win those games, Mavs nation will be temporary Viking fans week 10 at UMD. If both Mavericks and Bulldogs win out, UMD will hold convincing win over MSU and should be ranked higher.

Comment

Augustana would have the #2 if they didn’t fall yesterday. MSU has a great chance to make a stand against Wayne St. this weekend so we shall see!

UMD has been very shaky the last 2 weeks. They first looked like they were the dominating team in the league but then get upset by Wayne and barely beat Moorhead which is why they slid down to #6. I also want to know why Larson didn’t play.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        You may be correct giving MSU such lofty rankings. UMD schedule is less intimidating. Game at Mary. With BSU, NSU and Augustana at home. Mavs have WSC, USF and Augustana at home with a road game to Winona. If MSU win those games, Mavs nation will be temporary Viking fans week 10 at UMD. If both Mavericks and Bulldogs win out, UMD will hold convincing win over MSU and should be ranked higher.
        Meant to quote you on my last post above.

Comment

I haven't done my rankings yet, but the W%+SOS formula puts Wayne State at the top of the NSIC bunch and I'm inclined to keep them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
            I haven't done my rankings yet, but the W%+SOS formula puts Wayne State at the top of the NSIC bunch and I'm inclined to keep them there.
            I've got no problem with that. If they win on Saturday they deserve to stay. If they don't win they won't.

Comment

I like the way you think :)

Comment

I can see it. My measurement is based on pure eye test but I am well familiar with that’s how rankings are mostly determined.

Comment

Larson got dinged in the end of the Wayne game..but finished. DNP against Moorhead but I'm guessing he will be trying to go against Mary this weekend..considering they just beat Northern also. The backups for UMD did a little better than in the past, as no Larson has meant they sink in 2019, etc. UMD has other injuries tho....but that'll be in my column..

Comment

This whole conversation would have been a lot more fun a week ago personally. Oh well. Am I being pessimistic or does it seem like the NSIC will have trouble getting a third team into the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                      This whole conversation would have been a lot more fun a week ago personally. Oh well. Am I being pessimistic or does it seem like the NSIC will have trouble getting a third team into the playoffs?
                      The nsic has gotten 3 teams in before on multiple occasions. But if there’s a conference that usually gets the 3rd team is the LSC. But with that conference getting smaller They will have a harder time getting 3 teams in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

The nsic has gotten 3 teams in before on multiple occasions. But if there’s a conference that usually gets the 3rd team is the LSC. But with that conference getting smaller They will have a harder time getting 3 teams in the future.
                        Hard to say if our league gets 3 in, last season,(2019) 3 got including a 3 loss USF.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Hard to say if our league gets 3 in, last season,(2019) 3 got including a 3 loss USF.
                          It’s possible with how many L’s teams have already but I’m not counting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

size of the conference is not a criteria used to determine how many teams get in.

Simple scenario: LSC has three one loss teams. I would guess all would make the playoffs.

CWU may make it if they win out.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

size of the conference is not a criteria used to determine how many teams get in.

Simple scenario: LSC has three one loss teams. I would guess all would make the playoffs.

CWU may make it if they win out.
                              I get that.. I’m saying with a smaller conference the higher probability that teams will beat each other up with losses.

That win against Midwestern is huge for CWU and they may just have a shot if they win out. But another loss and their chances of getting in are pretty much 0%.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X