X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Speaking of a season preview....I took a moment (and a few laughs) at my preview a year ago. Coming out of the year lost to COVID, teams like Northern and Wayne made some key additions that really helped them finish above .500 and in the mix for a playoff spot..and Mary was able to out-score more people than I'd guessed..while CSP took a bit of a dive.

Feel free to shoot some arrows at my 2021 preview..you guys know I'm fine with that..
    https://www.d2football.com/nsic-preview-2021/

You can sense from my writing that I wasn't fully bought-in with Kato going into last year..but obviously I wasn't calling for 6-5 either.
    Mustangs were picked pretty low and still failed to meet expectations.

At least we scored the first TD at Northern's fancy stadium...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Speaking of a season preview....I took a moment (and a few laughs) at my preview a year ago. Coming out of the year lost to COVID, teams like Northern and Wayne made some key additions that really helped them finish above .500 and in the mix for a playoff spot..and Mary was able to out-score more people than I'd guessed..while CSP took a bit of a dive.

Feel free to shoot some arrows at my 2021 preview..you guys know I'm fine with that..
    https://www.d2football.com/nsic-preview-2021/

You can sense from my writing that I wasn't fully bought-in with Kato going into last year..but obviously I wasn't calling for 6-5 either.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by WPHB View Post

I gotta second the appreciation. Have to admit that I was quite ignorant of all things D2 and NSIC until I found this board and Midco. Then I found the Sunday night shows, and the D2 Twitter-verse and now I am hooked. There is a lot of sensational content here and I feel like I have been a long-time D2 fan after digesting as much as I could. Even got me some Augie gear from Scheels. The boards are tremendous and all of yall should be proud of the content that yall have helped create. Back to watching last year's football games on the NSIC Network.
    Your Dallas Texans icon is cool. Their last game was the longest in AFL history- double OT win over the Houston Oilers in the title game.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I gotta second the appreciation. Have to admit that I was quite ignorant of all things D2 and NSIC until I found this board and Midco. Then I found the Sunday night shows, and the D2 Twitter-verse and now I am hooked. There is a lot of sensational content here and I feel like I have been a long-time D2 fan after digesting as much as I could. Even got me some Augie gear from Scheels. The boards are tremendous and all of yall should be proud of the content that yall have helped create. Back to watching last year's football games on the NSIC Network.
    I take it you are new to the Sioux Falls Area? If so, welcome. Handful of us around. Not nearly enough Mustang fans on this side of the border though.

Leave a comment:

• WPHB
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Midco and Witt are both great -- we appreciate it all !

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I was going to mention David Brown yesterday and Midco....glad someone did here. While Midco doesn't go in-depth on teams, they give the league really good exposure as Midco has continued to grow in their regional sports coverage while having strong production value. Brownie does a great job with staying up on the league and it shows in his output. Midco covered a game weekly a few years ago and now it's a little more occasional, plus Augie games, but they are still very helpful for the league getting coverage.

I still plan on doing my NSIC preview after talking with each head coach later in the summer. Since we started doing our weekly show on Sunday nights, I might also find a way to do something weekly with the NSIC as a preview for the games each week..maybe having a different coach on each show or something.
    Midco and Witt are both great -- we appreciate it all !

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

The closest thing was when the D2Football guys here (Brandon Misener, etc) released a D2Football publication about 5-10 years back. Was only a one-time publication though, I think.

Would also shout out MidcoSports (NorthernSunExperience on here) will often do preseason breakdowns on each team, weekly updates, etc. If you're on Twitter, follow @DBrownMidco.
    I was going to mention David Brown yesterday and Midco....glad someone did here. While Midco doesn't go in-depth on teams, they give the league really good exposure as Midco has continued to grow in their regional sports coverage while having strong production value. Brownie does a great job with staying up on the league and it shows in his output. Midco covered a game weekly a few years ago and now it's a little more occasional, plus Augie games, but they are still very helpful for the league getting coverage.

I still plan on doing my NSIC preview after talking with each head coach later in the summer. Since we started doing our weekly show on Sunday nights, I might also find a way to do something weekly with the NSIC as a preview for the games each week..maybe having a different coach on each show or something.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Looks like SMSU will be ina rebuilding year. Not surpising given the coaching change, but there has been a lot of attrition on the roster since January. And that is probably good
    Curious to see how the QB situation plays out. We've been without a real QB leader for a while. McComb should be an interesting pick if given the job.

Would like to see us get back to the Peschong/Kern/Gimbel type who can lead for a few years time instead of bouncing around and picking up random transfers. Last year was a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Looks like SMSU will be ina rebuilding year. Not surpising given the coaching change, but there has been a lot of attrition on the roster since January. And that is probably good

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but since the thread deals with the upcoming season thought maybe....Are there any publications in NSIC states that detail that state's upcoming football year? Here in Texas, we have several, with Dave Campbell's Texas Football the main one, that do capsules on every high school team, a little deeper dive into the NAIA/D3 level, little broader info on D2, and fairly comprehensive spreads on the FCS and FBS schools (and pro teams too, but who cares about that). I have been following Witt, the Argus Ldr., these boards, and scrounging for other info but figured I would ask if there was a more condensed magazine, website, or clearinghouse. Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    The closest thing was when the D2Football guys here (Brandon Misener, etc) released a D2Football publication about 5-10 years back. Was only a one-time publication though, I think.

Would also shout out MidcoSports (NorthernSunExperience on here) will often do preseason breakdowns on each team, weekly updates, etc. If you're on Twitter, follow @DBrownMidco.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but since the thread deals with the upcoming season thought maybe....Are there any publications in NSIC states that detail that state's upcoming football year? Here in Texas, we have several, with Dave Campbell's Texas Football the main one, that do capsules on every high school team, a little deeper dive into the NAIA/D3 level, little broader info on D2, and fairly comprehensive spreads on the FCS and FBS schools (and pro teams too, but who cares about that). I have been following Witt, the Argus Ldr., these boards, and scrounging for other info but figured I would ask if there was a more condensed magazine, website, or clearinghouse. Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    Unfortunately, the answer is no. There are many of us who hunger for more information and stories to gleen over. Unlike my birth state Texas we don't have 30 million football enthusiast who would pay for an online or paper publication. When I have a nagging question concerning Augustana football I email an asst. coach or OJ with my query. This forum gets much more active as the fall approaches. Witt will contact coaches and do a pre-season write up. He is a really good man who is a USF fan but is unbiased in his reporting

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Not a dumb question - but to answer it, no, unfortunately. The best resource is the NSIC website that features pre-season writeups. Then there's the local media outlets, but they largely just cover the area teams. Argus Leader is the best (IMO). Then of course there is this board.

Leave a comment:

• WPHB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BulldogFan
    replied
    The Dogs lose some strong players but are also returning quite a few. The key will be who takes the reign at QB and can they stay healthy for the year. I don't believe Larson ever made it a season without getting hurt (maybe his freshman year?) and the merry go round at signal caller definitely impacted the team last year.

Leave a comment:

• HumRsky
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

It took the Goofers a couple years to realize this and start selling alcohol for football games. They admitted that the premium seat sales weren't good enough so they finally allowed beer. Not sure if they have the had stuff or not. Only been there once for a Vikings game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X