Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Anyone think Sauter would consider the AD position?
    Totally. He doesn't seem too interested in leaving the Marshall area, and wants to keep working in sports - based on what I've seen.
    Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-07-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Totally. He doesn't seem too interested in leaving the Marshall area, and wants to keep working in sports - based on what I've seen.
      Curious to what makes him qualified to be the AD there? Just because he doesn't want to leave?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Curious to what makes him qualified to be the AD there? Just because he doesn't want to leave?
        What makes any former coach qualified to be AD? He wouldn't be the first or last coach to make that sort of move.

Comment

What makes any former coach qualified to be AD? He wouldn't be the first or last coach to make that sort of move.
          Well, a successful track record as a coach, for one. A mediocre (at best) career record might be good enough for some, I guess. Seems like they could do better. Maybe not. Does he have any administrative experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Question was "Would he consider."

In my opinion, yes - he would consider.

Comment

Anyone think Sauter would consider the AD position?
              This feels....odd....to me. Becoming a higher ranking position at a school after just being let go for a position that reports to the AD.

In any event, Cory is a really great guy that I'd love to see in the league in some form or fashion....and I'd be thrilled with that. At face value, it just seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

This feels....odd....to me. Becoming a higher ranking position at a school after just being let go for a position that reports to the AD.

In any event, Cory is a really great guy that I'd love to see in the league in some form or fashion....and I'd be thrilled with that. At face value, it just seems unlikely.
                With Moorhead State & Bemidji AD jobs open I see SMSU getting the bottom of barrel candidate, they would be lucky to get Sauter as the AD.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

With Moorhead State & Bemidji AD jobs open I see SMSU getting the bottom of barrel candidate, they would be lucky to get Sauter as the AD.
                  Oof. Someone has a pretty low opinion of Sauter. Did he kick you off the team or something? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Oof. Someone has a pretty low opinion of Sauter. Did he kick you off the team or something? Lol
                    It was a compliment! They will not get anybody that is more qualified than him, he understands SMSU and Marshall, anybody but him will no clue what it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

It was a compliment! They will not get anybody that is more qualified than him, he understands SMSU and Marshall, anybody but him will no clue what it takes.
                      Gotcha, my bad.

Comment

Looking at our opening schedule, I think SMSU has a chance to get off to a hot start once we get past the opener in Duluth!

The next four weeks include the lone two 2021 wins plus a home game against 2-9 Minot. Optimistic take, but I could see 3-2 or possibly even 4-1 depending on the UMary matchup.

Comment

Not football related but just want to share - SMSU pitcher John Bezdicek grad transferred to D1 Kennesaw State this season. That doesn't happen very often with our baseball guys. He seems to be doing well down there with a 4-1 record. In case you guys nees something to follow this offseason.

Also, former SMSU football player Michael Griffin participated at SDSU's peo-day and put up a bonkers 43.5 vertical, which was better than anyone at the Combine.

Comment

Looking at our opening schedule, I think SMSU has a chance to get off to a hot start once we get past the opener in Duluth!

The next four weeks include the lone two 2021 wins plus a home game against 2-9 Minot. Optimistic take, but I could see 3-2 or possibly even 4-1 depending on the UMary matchup.
                            How do you think we'll fare against UMD? I'm expecting UMD takes it, but will it be a blowout, or is there a chance we'll be somewhat competitive?

I also noticed our Spring Game is scheduled for 4/15 @ 6PM. I intend to go if I can make it to town in time.

Comment

Way too early to have any real sense of how 2022 will go. First, if the redshirt QB is good we might be pretty good. I assume we will have to add some more transfers too over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                                Way too early to have any real sense of how 2022 will go. First, if the redshirt QB is good we might be pretty good. I assume we will have to add some more transfers too over the summer.
                                I was thinking that too, new coach, new roster - who knows how UMD is looking. Figured maybe someone had some other insight. Here's hoping for a strong start!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X