Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McComb no longer on the SMSU roster on website. not sure exactly why. I assume transferring

Marcus Martin who was going to redshirt last but then played as a true freshman will be the starter it appears. Strong arm and played very well at the last part of the year. Tremendous upside. He looked pretty good at times last year as a true freshman.

The backup appears to be Tomele Staples who redshirted last year. Hear good things about him, so we should be ok.

Now need a 3rd guy in case of injury. They are high on Kellen Johnson coming in out of Pipestone, but to be fair playing against Mankato State and Augie is slightly tougher than playing against Luverne.

Comment

• Not surprised on McComb. I knew our QB room was going to depart and he was the one I had in mind. I'm still not sure how we got him to commit in the first place. Anyway, his Twitter still says SMSU, so no info there. I'll be curious to see where he lands, or if he's just done.

I'll guess he found a JUCO closer to home.

I liked Martin. If he can build on last year, then we might finally have a good QB for once.

Comment

• Near as I can tell we have a lot of linemne back and also a bunch of new linemen. I like that depth.

Also lots of new receivers to add depth. Should help.

Solid at running back too as near as I can tell.

Also a lot of new linebackers so that is good for depth. Looking good in season 2 to keep moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
          Near as I can tell we have a lot of linemne back and also a bunch of new linemen. I like that depth.

Also lots of new receivers to add depth. Should help.

Solid at running back too as near as I can tell.

Also a lot of new linebackers so that is good for depth. Looking good in season 2 to keep moving forward.
          If DA is back at running back, it could be a fun year for the position.

Comment

• Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Boyer Bouman is no longer a coach with the team.

Comment

• (you guys know I did start a 2023 thread, right?!)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X