Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    not hearing much regarding recrutiing. It is early, but you would think you might start seeing some commitments
    Might not see as big of a class this year. Under Sauter, we saw 70-man classes but were also losing 20-30 a year to transfers plus graduations. This year, I think we only have around 10-15 transfers plus a small graduating class.

Comment

• Of note, I do see we offered the USD quarterback transfer Stenstrom...Boyer Bouman connection hopefully gives us a decent shot. Also worth noting, his dad played football at SCSU in the 90s so I'm sure there's solid familiarity with Underwood and Patterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        Of note, I do see we offered the USD quarterback transfer Stenstrom...Boyer Bouman connection hopefully gives us a decent shot. Also worth noting, his dad played football at SCSU in the 90s so I'm sure there's solid familiarity with Underwood and Patterson.
        What’s the Boyer Bauman connection? Cousins? There’s a much stronger connection to Duluth with the head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

What’s the Boyer Bauman connection? Cousins? There’s a much stronger connection to Duluth with the head coach.
          Bouman was on staff at USD in 2021. Now passing game coordinator at SMSU.

Comment

Bouman was on staff at USD in 2021. Now passing game coordinator at SMSU.
            Well now that’s a connection :)

Comment

• Still not seeing much on recruiting

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                Still not seeing much on recruiting
                Just noticed a decommit "for physical health reasons." Not great.

Comment

Of note, I do see we offered the USD quarterback transfer Stenstrom...Boyer Bouman connection hopefully gives us a decent shot. Also worth noting, his dad played football at SCSU in the 90s so I'm sure there's solid familiarity with Underwood and Patterson.
                  Committed to Winona State
                  https://twitter.com/ColeStenstrom/st...39044652212225

Comment

• Kadence Velde - OL, York, NE commits to the Mustangs.

Big dude and seems to be pretty highly ranked in-state. Looks like he had a lot of interest from Chadron, as well as Morningside and even a bit from USD as far as I can tell.

Comment

• The only other bit of recruiting news I can find in my channels is we offered Parker Knutson, a DB from Sartell. Also has an offer from the Johnnies and interest from UW-Stout.

Comment

• We got a QB commitment from out of Quad Cities area. I don't think he had other offers, but took gameday visits to several FCS schools and NWMSU.

Comment

• Maybe this is old newGreg Schafer on Twitter: "100% Committed #LetsRide 🐴‼️ @SMSUfootball @CoachSUnderwood @Coach_Devlin @CoachDP78 @CoachBouman https://t.co/IZukTSwaVj" / Twitters.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            Maybe this is old news.
                            It is old news for me, but that's OK.

Speedster! Finished third in Class A (MN small schools) in the 100-yard dash last spring. Another kid in same backfield is going to MSUM next year too. WR had a PWO offer to USD football before signing with SMSU basketball. One other kid in the graduating class is going to USF for track.

Highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1349606...eb72050ce10074

Comment

• Not hearing anything about filling our open date in the schedule yet. Hopefully soon they get that done. Probably need to take what we can get rather than open date.

Comment

• Saw Mustangs got a D1 transfer commit from Western Illinois - lineman. I assume related to assistant coach Joe Gatz - maybe brother but hard to tell

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X