Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

I do believe they will bring in one more QB but I dont think he will be the starter. I am pretty sure it will either be Vespo or Van Landingham or maybe a combination of the two as they bring different skill sets. It appears there is a pretty big drop off talent wise after those two so they could use some depth. Also, if Vespo is the clear cut QB1 they will move Van Landingham around to other positions to get him the ball. He wont stand on the sidelines. So they will certainly need another QB hopefully with experience in case he was to get hurt.
    Man, didn't know when but really thought Max Thompson was going to have a bug bright future running the Northern offense. Maybe he still can in the future but IF it's true that the drop off is big then he's got a ways to go.

Comment

I do believe they will bring in one more QB but I dont think he will be the starter. I am pretty sure it will either be Vespo or Van Landingham or maybe a combination of the two as they bring different skill sets. It appears there is a pretty big drop off talent wise after those two so they could use some depth. Also, if Vespo is the clear cut QB1 they will move Van Landingham around to other positions to get him the ball. He wont stand on the sidelines. So they will certainly need another QB hopefully with experience in case he was to get hurt.
      Do you think there is any chance we have a true freshman starting at some point next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Do you think there is any chance we have a true freshman starting at some point next season?
        I don’t. Unless they bring in a stud transfer soon that can learn the offense in a couple months it’s gonna be one of the two we discussed if not both.

Comment

• Colton Hackel appears to be the qb transferring in from UND. 4 years of eligibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisher View Post
            Colton Hackel appears to be the qb transferring in from UND. 4 years of eligibility.
            Just going by his twitter profile doesn’t appear he had to much interest out of high school with one offer from MSUM. Assuming he walked on at UND.

Comment

• Tukesbrey is new voice of the Wolves

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2023/5/22...he-wolves.aspx

Comment

• Just over nine weeks until we kick off the season at Bemidji. Things seem so quiet. Maybe it’s the calm before the storm!

Comment

Just over nine weeks until we kick off the season at Bemidji. Things seem so quiet. Maybe it’s the calm before the storm!
                  Nine weeks is a long time. Without any sort of media coverage it's pretty tough to get excited about anything.

Comment

Colton Hackel appears to be the qb transferring in from UND. 4 years of eligibility.
                    https://fightinghawks.com/sports/foo...n-hackel/11493

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11476343/Colton-Hackel

In watching his video..he's decent sized fella at 6'2 210lbs and moves similar to Bohn from Wayne = not the smaller QB with quicks..instead, more of a guy who keeps the rock on 3rd and 3 to move the chains. I think he's got a chance to be a dual threat QB in that kinda way.

It's probably a big ask to want him as the day one starter as he's got zero college game experience and will need to learn his way through the offense. That said, seems like a nice pickup for the future and maybe a guy who can contribute or have a pkg for him as the year plays out.

I'm fully expecting Anthony Vespo..who transferred in a few years ago from Missouri Western in the MIAA. Vespo did start games at Western, despite being 3rd on the depth chart a year ago for the Wolves. He's had time to grow into this spot and had spring ball to be the guy..and will have the best group of targets in the NSIC to throw to with Ingram and Larson back.

Comment

• Looks like Vespo is QB1. Still wouldn’t be supposed to see Van Landingham taking snaps at QB as well.

If the Oline can keep it together, I think this years offense is going to be close to unstoppable. On defense we return quite a bit of guys and the spots that need filled guys with some experience will step into those rolls. I think the only question mark is LB which was the strength of the defense last year but we lost those guys.

Comment

• For better or worse I have pretty high expectations for this squad. Way too much top talent to have a bad year. Have to start it off right

Comment

• Nate Kollath, fr qb is no longer listed on the roster.

Comment

Nate Kollath, fr qb is no longer listed on the roster.
                            Bummer

Comment

• Anyone going to be up in Bemidji on Thursday?

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                                Anyone going to be up in Bemidji on Thursday?
                                Possibly

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X