Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 Preview/Pod - along with NSU's Mike Schmidt

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week...-preview-2022/

Week 6 recap, Coach Schmidt, Top 5 lineman list, and Week 7 preview..

Wayne at Augie....game of the week for sure..

Thanks again for the pod Witt. Hopefully NSU can avoid "Witt's Curse" with the first two guests having their teams lose after being on the pod. Coach Schmidt seems like a good person to interview, he's never short on words and he's not afraid to tell it how it is, even when (especially when?) it comes to his own team. I'm really looking forward to Witt's top 5 punters by the end of the season.

Comment

There's a good chance we'll run out of positions by then (me being hopeful)....but yes, Coach is probably the most candid guy in the conference. Certainly I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        Thanks again for the pod Witt. Hopefully NSU can avoid "Witt's Curse" with the first two guests having their teams lose after being on the pod. Coach Schmidt seems like a good person to interview, he's never short on words and he's not afraid to tell it how it is, even when (especially when?) it comes to his own team. I'm really looking forward to Witt's top 5 punters by the end of the season.
        Witt would probably do a "top five chain gangs of the NSIC" or "top five concession stands" instead of special teams..........

People should take a listen to the podcast. Not too long, not too short, goes over the previous games and the upcoming ones.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Witt would probably do a "top five chain gangs of the NSIC" or "top five concession stands" instead of special teams..........

People should take a listen to the podcast. Not too long, not too short, goes over the previous games and the upcoming ones.
          I listen every week. I also send the link to my wife, whether she wants it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I listen every week. I also send the link to my wife, whether she wants it or not.
            I like this....just push the pod on everyone..haha

On a serious....I am going to challenge those who haven't given as a try....to press play on the pod as it's about 30 mins long and an easy listen. It'll catch you up on the league..and you might even chuckle once or twice when we screw up....as it's just a one shot take..warts and all.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Can we just change it to the Top Five South Players of the last decade? Seems to be a lot of Southern NSIC bias in the rankings. :P
              Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Can we just change it to the Top Five South Players of the last decade? Seems to be a lot of Southern NSIC bias in the rankings. :P
                HAHA! You aren't wrong..but when the South wins 70% of the games between the N vs S....history kinda gets written by the victors and Mankato-USF-Augie....along with UMD have rostered more of the top players (thus the results) than the other squads. For example, Bemidji (as a good example..a team who'd moved up to becoming a playoff level squad) hasn't had a QB, RB, or WR in this last decade that would be in the top 5..honestly. (keep in mind we haven't been including players that are still active)

Players from Moorhead were highlighted (WR)..and Kittner was mentioned given his off the charts 2021 season..QB Klaphake SCSU..etc.

So....while it's been more South than North on the list....it's probably been about 70/30, with UMD having guys mentioned weekly....and that pretty much goes along with who's been more successful..the South over the North. If we did this list in 2025....you'd see Alt and Beaulieu on the list..maybe even Jalen Frye..depending on how his career wraps up.

Comment

Next week on the pod....the top 5 DLineman of the last decade....and Jeff Papas (UMD VOX) will join us to discuss UMD vs BSU upcoming..

Comment

Thanks Wit. I always listen and it is a great resource for information on the NSIC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X