Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

you can't constantly ask people for money, especially people who have given religiously for 20-25-30-40-50 years that you don't care what they think - and then ask them for more money and expect them to just fold because you have a PH D.
    What I meant by that statement in particular is that situation was a "spicy" controversy for the community - probably would just be a footnote for most other places. Not an insult per se, just a reality of being a small town.

The whole situation is beneath me personally, and my official opinion is that both sides are completely wrong - as is my opinion on most things like that.

But I digress - I think this situation has been kicked deader than a horse at a glue factory. Best to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

Going to be closer to 40–and yes there will be a couple more that won’t be announced.
      Of the list just posted by Loft, there are only THREE that I missed. One is a kid from Lac qui Parle Valley who has never actually tweeted, another is a kid who transferred in from Dordt where he didn't play in his first year, and the last posted his offer but never posted a commitment tweet. There is one player on my list who has not been announced though..

I'm going to consider my commitment tracking a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        Any notable names? Any interesting local guys?

I don't keep up with HS football at all so I'm pretty out of the loop.
        Not much at all in terms of hyperlocal. One kid from LQPV. One from Sleepy Eye. Those are the two closest I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Not much at all in terms of hyperlocal. One kid from LQPV. One from Sleepy Eye. Those are the two closest I believe.
          Kinda curious about the guy from LQPV. Might have to look up some film on him.

Comment

• looks like a decent group. Lots of linemen

Comment

• QB Drew Kluender out of Woodbury central IA., had a great HS career. I believe that is a good size school,

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                QB Drew Kluender out of Woodbury central IA., had a great HS career. I believe that is a good size school,
                they are very high on him

The JUCO from California has 3 years left. And the Wisconsin kid we redhsirted has 4 years left. and theoretically Kluender has 5 years left -- so maybe and hopefully for the next 3 or 4 years there is some stabilty there. We have had none the last 3 years at QB after having it for 15 plus!

From Josh Shudlick in 2005 to Boyer Bouman in 2019 we never had to worry about the qb position. Last 3 have been tough - in fairness Justus McComb was good but career ending injury

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  QB Drew Kluender out of Woodbury central IA., had a great HS career. I believe that is a good size school,
                  Woodbury Central is Class A, the smallest 11-man level in Iowa.

But he's very talented!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

they are very high on him

The JUCO from California has 3 years left. And the Wisconsin kid we redhsirted has 4 years left. and theoretically Kluender has 5 years left -- so maybe and hopefully for the next 3 or 4 years there is some stabilty there. We have had none the last 3 years at QB after having it for 15 plus!

From Josh Shudlick in 2005 to Boyer Bouman in 2019 we never had to worry about the qb position. Last 3 have been tough - in fairness Justus McComb was good but career ending injury
                    For the record, I love the name Wyatt Oak! Sounds like he comes straight out of an old western...

I do think we are starting to see a pattern develop in the types of QBs this Underwood's staff likes to develop, I think they like kids who are pretty mobile/athletic. The Pipestone kid was maybe the only one who was a Shudlick-like statue, but I think Bouman being on staff at the time had a lot to do with his original commitment/signing. Oak and Kluender are definitely mobile, we know that was the main appeal of Marcus Martin too. I think the Wisconsin kid is decently mobile too, considering the staff labeled him as an "athlete" when he signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

For the record, I love the name Wyatt Oak! Sounds like he comes straight out of an old western...
                      That’s a strong, solid name.

Comment

• after some reflection, the group looks pretty good.

I also think we'll add a few transfers this summer to fill out some needs.

Comment

• Hearing good early reports on Wyatt Oak. The warm winter can't help fooling the out of state recruits for long term either !

Comment

• feeling good about the strides SMSU did make this off season and signing day

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X