Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have the two QBs who redshirted....I also know we had an early commitment from the Iowa Class A runner-up. One more guy with experience would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

True points. I did wonder about Underwood's effect on the guys. Would rather those guys transfer so we can keep the ones who can handle it.

Gut feeling but Martinez and Austin will have slight upgrades or make a lateral move. Jefferson to Mankato is where I'm thinking, which is an upgrade.

Lira's publicly available offers started low and are getting lower.

I saw continuous improvement with Martin this year. Who knows with him.

I don't know details but McComb is currently out of college football, so maybe it wasn't bad we didn't retain him. Anything beyond is purely speculation.

Football is all about the next man up.
      I think McComb's injury was so bad he can't play -- throwing shoulder

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        Martin might be the most surprising so far....not necessarily because he's anything special, but because he's one of the few that was actually an Underwood signing to begin with. And he's been a starting QB.

Makes me wonder if he was told that we are looking in the transfer portal for a QB (which I think would be understandable considering) and he doesn't want the competition so he took his ball and went home.
        I am not sad to see him go. I agree he made strides and got better, but the reality is he isn't good enough nor will he ever be.We were forced into playing him with the MComb injury and he should have been a backup redshirt freshman this past year, not a true sophomore starter.

Not being able to redshirt last year did not help - not his fault, but that's reality.

We all know what good qbs look like - Shudlick, Ratekin, Peschong, Kern, Gimbel -- Marcus Martin is not close to that and won't get there. Need to move on and either one of the redshirts is good or transfer.

Ideally, we get a transfer with 2-3 years left and one of the redshirts can then start 2 years and we build from there.

Comment

We have the two QBs who redshirted....I also know we had an early commitment from the Iowa Class A runner-up. One more guy with experience would be nice.
          I think they are very high on one of the redshirts (not sure which one) - but I assume Krogman from Eau Claire since he is the guy who took an emergency snap this year against USF.

I know they have a good commit. need 4 good ones as we see with transfers, injuries etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I think McComb's injury was so bad he can't play -- throwing shoulder
            Interesting. He transferred into the CCCAA and I went to check in on him mid-season and he was no longer on the roster.

Comment

I am not sad to see him go. I agree he made strides and got better, but the reality is he isn't good enough nor will he ever be.We were forced into playing him with the MComb injury and he should have been a backup redshirt freshman this past year, not a true sophomore starter.

Not being able to redshirt last year did not help - not his fault, but that's reality.

We all know what good qbs look like - Shudlick, Ratekin, Peschong, Kern, Gimbel -- Marcus Martin is not close to that and won't get there. Need to move on and either one of the redshirts is good or transfer.

Ideally, we get a transfer with 2-3 years left and one of the redshirts can then start 2 years and we build from there.
              Yup. I'm not sure if I agree with the bluntness of him not 'getting there ever' but it's a moot point anyway. Besides that, I do agree - he was not in the category of those mentioned. Not anywhere near close to it.

Had he stuck around, my hope was he could find and maintain some level of consistency to build around him but I also do quesfion if that would be possible. But it's moot at this point.

Comment

Austin announced a PWO offer from Idaho State and an offer from MSUM.

Just curious to see where he lands.
                DA took this deal and is now with ISU. Wishing him the best.

Shawn Martinez to UCM.

This will likely be my last outbound update in this thread unless I see someone commit into the NSIC.

Comment

• For those who are interested, SMSU's 2024 nonconference game is locked in for Oct. 5 at 1 p.m., hosting Neb.-Kearney. I know the opponent was already known, but not sure if the date and time were ever announced.

Comment

For those who are interested, SMSU's 2024 nonconference game is locked in for Oct. 5 at 1 p.m., hosting Neb.-Kearney. I know the opponent was already known, but not sure if the date and time were ever announced.
                    Will circle that one on the calendar. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Will circle that one on the calendar. Thanks for the update.
                      Our schedule hasn't been officially posted yet, but that's what UNK has listed, so I'd assume its accuracy.

Comment

• Fmr. WR Peter Osman is getting some postseason looks, was invited to the Tropical Bowl and the College Gridiron Showcase.

The bowl game advertises itself as for FBS guys - so it's interesting that he got an offer.

Comment

• looks like we have some linemen commits

no transfer qbs so far so we have 2 redshirts and an incoming freshman

still time to get a qb if needed. maybe they like the ones they have

Comment

looks like we have some linemen commits

no transfer qbs so far so we have 2 redshirts and an incoming freshman

still time to get a qb if needed. maybe they like the ones they have
                            I do see a JUCO QB with an offer, so they're at least still open to adding more.

Comment

I do see a JUCO QB with an offer, so they're at least still open to adding more.
                              I never see much on twitter. I either miss these or our coaches don't retweet much

Comment

I never see much on twitter. I either miss these or our coaches don't retweet much
                                I don't think it's ever the coaches tweeting about it.

When I see commitment info, it's usually retweeted by recruiting accounts that track that sort of thing or other athletes retweeting their friends. A few times the algorithm suggested some.

If you want, I can share the account I follow that does all the recruitment stuff for area teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X