Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I heard he wants to be the foundation of Jamestown Jimmy football and their transition.
    Not good enough for the Jimmies!

Comment

• I'm not going to post offer updates for every guy in the portal - as far as I'm concerned anyone that enters the portal is no longer a part of the program.

That being said, Lira got an offer from DII Quincy. Even though we only won two games, I'd think that would be a big downgrade.
      Last edited by SW_Mustang; 11-30-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        I'm not going to post offer updates for every guy in the portal - as far as I'm concerned anyone that enters the portal is no longer a part of the program.

That being said, Lira got an offer from DII Quincy. Even though we only won two games, I'd think that would be a big downgrade.
        Meanwhile, Jalani offered by Duluth

Comment

• QB Marcus Martin has entered the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Meanwhile, Jalani offered by Duluth
            According to Twitter, he was offered by everyone and their brother - oddly enough did not see UMD, but the list was so long that I may have missed it.

Correction - Keilan Smith was on the roster in 2022 and transferred to the CCCAA and is back in the portal.

For anyone curious - I put together a full breakdown of all the info I found on Twitter in Witt's thread.

Comment

QB Marcus Martin has entered the transfer portal.
              Next year's quarterback room currently has two guys who redshirted last year...that's it.

Comment

Next year's quarterback room currently has two guys who redshirted last year...that's it.
                Yup. It's going to be a rough year so far.

Who knows, maybe one of them will shine through.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Amazing - starts at QB and leaves. Really something to see

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Amazing - starts at QB and leaves. Really something to see
                      I was kinda thinking he'd stay.

I'm not a football player, but I really do wonder what some of these guys are thinking. Jefferson makes sense, but the realistic options for the rest of them are a steep downgrade.

Comment

I was kinda thinking he'd stay.

I'm not a football player, but I really do wonder what some of these guys are thinking. Jefferson makes sense, but the realistic options for the rest of them are a steep downgrade.
                        Donnie Austin. Shawm Martinez, and Jalani Jefferson are going to get a lot of good offers -- I wish they would have stayed, but they can justify the portal as they have "options" - so I can understand those.

Lira is an interesting one - on paper he should get some good offeres, we will see.

Martin. I see some QB guru says he had the best arm in D2 -- when you are a kid and listen to ridiculous advice like that you are going to not end up where you think you will. Yes, he can redshirt, which helps him, but seriously, this QB is amazing.

Comment

• It is interesting because we all know Scott Underwood can coach. Yes, SMSU is a little tougher place to win than St. Cloud was, but in year one they were very good and competitive until injuries.

not gettting Justus McComb back was a killer and made the 2023 season tough, but the exodus is pretty staggering -- I assume the reasons are varied - some "want to win", some don't like Marshall, some think Underwood is too tough on them (I have no doubt this is true to some extent)

and frankly, some aren't good enough -- they should leave and go elsewhere - maybe D3 or lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Donnie Austin. Shawm Martinez, and Jalani Jefferson are going to get a lot of good offers -- I wish they would have stayed, but they can justify the portal as they have "options" - so I can understand those.

Lira is an interesting one - on paper he should get some good offeres, we will see.

Martin. I see some QB guru says he had the best arm in D2 -- when you are a kid and listen to ridiculous advice like that you are going to not end up where you think you will. Yes, he can redshirt, which helps him, but seriously, this QB is amazing.
                            True points. I did wonder about Underwood's effect on the guys. Would rather those guys transfer so we can keep the ones who can handle it.

Gut feeling but Martinez and Austin will have slight upgrades or make a lateral move. Jefferson to Mankato is where I'm thinking, which is an upgrade.

Lira's publicly available offers started low and are getting lower.

I saw continuous improvement with Martin this year. Who knows with him.

I don't know details but McComb is currently out of college football, so maybe it wasn't bad we didn't retain him. Anything beyond is purely speculation.

Football is all about the next man up.

Comment

• Martin might be the most surprising so far....not necessarily because he's anything special, but because he's one of the few that was actually an Underwood signing to begin with. And he's been a starting QB.

Makes me wonder if he was told that we are looking in the transfer portal for a QB (which I think would be understandable considering) and he doesn't want the competition so he took his ball and went home.

Comment

Martin might be the most surprising so far....not necessarily because he's anything special, but because he's one of the few that was actually an Underwood signing to begin with. And he's been a starting QB.

Makes me wonder if he was told that we are looking in the transfer portal for a QB (which I think would be understandable considering) and he doesn't want the competition so he took his ball and went home.
                                Very plausible. I thought he was more or less of a lock to stay especially after Staples transferred.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X