Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched some of the game on replay last night and felt game was much closer than score indicated. If Mustangs would have had one more season of Jesse Sherwood they would have won.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MrMustang;n771799]Much to like despite the Bemidji loss. Marcus Martin played pretty good consdiering. He has a good arm and showed some poise under pressure. I think he will be just fine.

Watching Martin’s few games last year compared to his first two games this season (still limited body of work); Martin has really improved his level of QB play. Think he is 4th in total passing in the conference after two games. We will see if he can sustain and continue to improve. He is not the biggest/tallest & his throwing mechanics need to continue to improve

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Numbers were plain as day on Saturday, he's better than Alt...
        I didn't get to watch the game, but in Alt's defense, Bemidji's run game is a lot stronger this year than in years past (at least over these first two games). The Beavers may not have to rely on his arm as much as they have in years past.
        Millsy

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post

I didn't get to watch the game, but in Alt's defense, Bemidji's run game is a lot stronger this year than in years past (at least over these first two games). The Beavers may not have to rely on his arm as much as they have in years past.
          (that was sarcasm on my part btw)

Comment

(that was sarcasm on my part btw)
            Ope, I missed it. My apologies.
            Millsy

Comment

• It has certainly been encouraging to see Martin's progression though. Those glimpses make it a little clearer why McComb decided to move on.

Comment

• Fascinating stat from today's local paper:

If the Mustangs hope to win on the road in Nebraska on Saturday, they will need to get off to a faster start. The 14-0 deficit to open the Bemidji State game was an improvement from the 21-point hole in Week 1 against Minot State, but it still extended the streak to six consecutive games the Mustangs have fallen behind by 14 or more points, a streak that began with the WSC matchup on Oct. 22, 2022.

Comment

• I don’t normally do the picks thing, but started last week…am I crazy to pick the road upset for the Mustangs this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                    I don’t normally do the picks thing, but started last week…am I crazy to pick the road upset for the Mustangs this week?
                    I wouldn't rule it out....last year was only a six-point game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                      I don’t normally do the picks thing, but started last week…am I crazy to pick the road upset for the Mustangs this week?
                      Honestly, I feel like anything is possible this year outside of BSU, MSU, and Augie.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Honestly, I feel like anything is possible this year outside of BSU, MSU, and Augie.
                        I'd probably throw UMD in there too

Comment

I'd probably throw UMD in there too
                          True point, but we did play them pretty well last season. Not that it's much of an indicator as to how this year will go.

Comment

• Absolutely love this idea. This is the type of culture shift I've been waiting to see for a long time. More opportunities for alumni/student/community engagement is always welcome.

SMSU Athletics announces Game Day Roundup for Mustang football home games - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              Absolutely love this idea. This is the type of culture shift I've been waiting to see for a long time. More opportunities for alumni/student/community engagement is always welcome.

SMSU Athletics announces Game Day Roundup for Mustang football home games - SMSU Athletics (smsumustangs.com)
                              I've really been a fan of some of the stuff Jen is doing as AD. She's doing pretty well for only having a Winona education...

I've heard rumblings of the players doing a "pregame walk" going through the tailgating area as well like you see at the Division I level a lot of places, but that wasn't mentioned in the release.

Comment

I've really been a fan of some of the stuff Jen is doing as AD. She's doing pretty well for only having a Winona education...

I've heard rumblings of the players doing a "pregame walk" going through the tailgating area as well like you see at the Division I level a lot of places, but that wasn't mentioned in the release.
                                LOL! Yeah, I'm enjoying her leadership so far. I think a lot of smaller schools underestimate the amount of atmosphere they can provide. I'm glad to see us take this on. I truly believe those things matter in the long run.

Also, the football Twitter confirmed the walkthrough apparently. I can't post tweets from my phone, but it's there.

Oddly enough, I've never tailgated at SMSU. Always wanted too as a student, but often had to work gamedays. Might have to change that soon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X