Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making my first trip to Marshall tomorrow. Any suggestions where to go pre-game?

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post
      Making my first trip to Marshall tomorrow. Any suggestions where to go pre-game?
      Tavern 507–Across the street from the University, lots of TVs to watch college Football with SMSUvNSU kickoff at 4 PM & have few Beers.

Hitching Post: very good BBQ, after game meal

Brau Brothers: Microbrews, good food. Next to Hyvee

Varsity Pub: Bar food, beer, some TVs. Downtown

SMSU pregame tailgate is small but nice and right next to the stadium

not a whole lot to choose from.

Comment

• Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

Tavern 507–Across the street from the University, lots of TVs to watch college Football with SMSUvNSU kickoff at 4 PM & have few Beers.

Hitching Post: very good BBQ, after game meal

Brau Brothers: Microbrews, good food. Next to Hyvee

Varsity Pub: Bar food, beer, some TVs. Downtown

SMSU pregame tailgate is small but nice and right next to the stadium

not a whole lot to choose from.
        I would add the Wooden Nickel on Main Street, but that's a decent list in terms of your normal game day foods.

Comment

• Thanks. I LOVE going to new places. Especially small towns.

Comment

• Would have been nice to tailgate with some fresh Moo Joos. Kind of up in the air right now, but would have been fun to head to Marshall

Comment

Making my first trip to Marshall tomorrow. Any suggestions where to go pre-game?
              McDonald's! Kwik Trip isn't open yet lol.

In all seriousne, the Nickel, Hitching Post, Varsity Pub, Chicken Connection, Tony's Depot, Hunan Lion.

Some food options at the Roundup too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

McDonald's! Kwik Trip isn't open yet lol.

In all seriousne, the Nickel, Hitching Post, Varsity Pub, Chicken Connection, Tony's Depot, Hunan Lion.

Some food options at the Roundup too.
                I haven't been there since the relocation, but yes Toni's is usually a good recommendation, though I don't neccesarily think of them as your traditional spot to pregame/postgame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I haven't been there since the relocation, but yes Toni's is usually a good recommendation, though I don't neccesarily think of them as your traditional spot to pregame/postgame.
                  I would agree with that assessment, though they are the closest option to campus.

In the old Happy Chef building, for those of us old enough to remember.

Comment

• Pretty nice place for a football game I have to say.

Comment

Pretty nice place for a football game I have to say.
                      Where did you end up going pre-game, id you don't mind me askin'?

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Where did you end up going pre-game, id you don't mind me askin'?
                        Tavern 507. Quite a few Northern fans ended up there.

Comment

Tavern 507. Quite a few Northern fans ended up there.
                          Interesting. Haven't been there yet. Hope you enjoyed the trip!

Comment

• Well, not sure what to say.

32 yards of offense in the second half.

Defense battled but we can't score.

pretty disappointing season so far. Yep. I know a tough schedule and yes 2 close losses so we win those and are 3-4 everyone feels much better about things, but the fact is we didn't win them.'

Great crowd for homecoming we'll see about this week - weather is supposed to be great but for some reason we play at 1 PM -- too bad as that costs us 1000 fans alone vs night game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                              Well, not sure what to say.

32 yards of offense in the second half.

Defense battled but we can't score.

pretty disappointing season so far. Yep. I know a tough schedule and yes 2 close losses so we win those and are 3-4 everyone feels much better about things, but the fact is we didn't win them.'

Great crowd for homecoming we'll see about this week - weather is supposed to be great but for some reason we play at 1 PM -- too bad as that costs us 1000 fans alone vs night game.
                              Martin had an opportunity to connect on a TD pass already up 14-3 and overshot his receiver. That is the story of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Martin had an opportunity to connect on a TD pass already up 14-3 and overshot his receiver. That is the story of the season.
                                Receiver dropped it/went off his hands in the first half heading away from the scoreboard. Martin actually played fairly well in the Northern game. would-a/should-a been a TD. I thought defense struggled to cover receivers and pressure the second QB. Defense puts up a fight but struggles to stop people. They can get pressure if they blitz and bring people; but that stresses the secondary and you have WRs running by DBs (Augustana) or running free in the secondary (northern).

Good or better first half throwing the ball . Second half was a struggle offensively—running the ball, penalties, missed blitz pick up, more dropped passes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X