Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Augustana hosted a Congressional Listening Session yesterday that was attended by NCAA President Charlie Baker and US Senator John Thune. Jen Flowers was asked to speak at the event as well.

Not football specific but kind of neat to get in front some pretty important people, fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      Augustana hosted a Congressional Listening Session yesterday that was attended by NCAA President Charlie Baker and US Senator John Thune. Jen Flowers was asked to speak at the event as well.

Not football specific but kind of neat to get in front some pretty important people, fwiw.
      I listened to a few snippets. Enough to make me feel confident that SMSU athletics is in good hands

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
        8 days away. wonderin where the 2 deep is.
        Usually comes out Tuesday of game week, so we'll probably get it Monday with the Thursday game.

Comment

I kinda hate that we play Minot right out of the gate. Half of their roster is new with a new coaching staff and a new system. The optimist will say they won't be playing at their best, but I'll point out that there's really no game tape to go off, and it's not even a coach that's been in the region. A lot of unknowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I listened to a few snippets. Enough to make me feel confident that SMSU athletics is in good hands
            I agree. From what I've heard from her I've been impressed. I guess only time will tell.

Comment

100% Correct. All the unknowns, 52/53 new players, coordinators that haven’t called a game in a while/or ever. Tough spot for week one opponent.
              For everyone else after week one they will have game film to game plan for. Clear advantage for Minot in week 1.

2 deeps usually exchanged Sunday/Monday of game week. If that is the norm or standard operations for SIDs, then 2 deep should be exchanged Fri/Sat with a Thursday scheduled game.

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              I kinda hate that we play Minot right out of the gate. Half of their roster is new with a new coaching staff and a new system. The optimist will say they won't be playing at their best, but I'll point out that there's really no game tape to go off, and it's not even a coach that's been in the region. A lot of unknowns.

Comment

I'm assuming SMSU went back and found game film from when Ian Shields was at Jacksonville U to get a good idea of what kinda offense they'll be running and such. That'll be the big thing..what the speed option he's gonna run will look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzzvJY275s

Here is a snap shot of it....as they closed down the football program there in 2021 after COVID. They are wearing green in the video.

Comment

But he has been off field coach position (analysts) recently-and DC has never called a game, also off field or assistant coach. So you can get a general idea from old film-but you can’t get in game tendencies. Five year old film only gives you a very vague perspective from a coaching stand point. All game film is not equal.
                  Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                  I'm assuming SMSU went back and found game film from when Ian Shields was at Jacksonville U to get a good idea of what kinda offense they'll be running and such. That'll be the big thing..what the speed option he's gonna run will look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzzvJY275s

Here is a snap shot of it....as they closed down the football program there in 2021 after COVID. They are wearing green in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post
                    But he has been off field coach position (analysts) recently-and DC has never called a game, also off field or assistant coach. So you can get a general idea from old film-but you can’t get in game tendencies. Five year old film only gives you a very vague perspective from a coaching stand point. All game film is not equal.

Right. It gives SMSU an general idea of what they'll look like..but nothing about the specific athletes or anything further.

Comment

• Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

No need to set up excuses this early in the season. Just go beat Minot…

Comment

• My week of game prediction has changed from 31-12 win to

37-12 win. SMSU will be up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter

Comment

• It's Minot. I never want to overlook an opponent by any means, and they are inching their way towards being a better program but I also don't want to overthink this week 1 matchup.

Wish I could attend. Someday I'll see their stadium.

Comment

• SMSU 28 Minot 20.
                            Minot run game, plus new NCAA running clock after first downs will shorten games, reduce number offensive possessions and bring down total points. At least that is my opinion, we will see Thursday night.
                            With the new clock rule, offenses cannot afford to “waste” have 3 and out offensive possessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              It's Minot. I never want to overlook an opponent by any means, and they are inching their way towards being a better program but I also don't want to overthink this week 1 matchup.
                              I definitely understand it, but it's one where personally I won't get too caught up over the final score. Call it a little bit of the PJ Fleck mentality....just do what it takes to get the win.

21-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I definitely understand it, but it's one where personally I won't get too caught up over the final score. Call it a little bit of the PJ Fleck mentality....just do what it takes to get the win.

21-10.
                                Totally agreed. I was a little surprised they took us to OT last year. But as long as we get a 1-0 start, I'll be happy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X