Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

Incompetence at its finest!
    We are Southwest Minnesota afterall - wouldn't expect anything less at this point.

Comment

very little news about Spring football. I wish there was something to share.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
        very little news about Spring football. I wish there was something to share.
        I don't think Loft even put out a release this year

Comment

Hopefully a good reason to not hold a spring game, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisco View Post
            I think you are selling your Mustangs short. I know Valpo is D1, but it is non-scholarship. That does make a difference in the type of player they are able to recruit.
            I agree. SMSU should spank valpo.

Comment

Got wind of the SMSU Spring game....6pm this Friday....but it's very much tentative due to the weather looking not awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                Got wind of the SMSU Spring game....6pm this Friday....but it's very much tentative due to the weather looking not awesome.
                Neat! Well, not the weather part.

Comment

Probably shouldn't come as a surprise, but QB John Romero has entered the transfer portal. Both McComb and Martin appear to be staying put for now.

Comment

John Romero who played in a couple games last year when McComb and Martin were hurt is no longer on the roster. Good kid, did fine for being thrust on the field. I suspect he will go to maybe a D3 or NAIA where he can play. Would have always been a backup here. Tip of the cap to him for holding down the fort last year.

came in during the USF game when McComb got hurt. Started against Bemidji and did ok !

He'll go down as one of those great topics ten years from now when we reminisce about short term Mustangs who made their mark. We all wish him well. Hopefully he lands at a place he'll play as he was destined for 3rd on depth chart here at best

Comment

I liked Romero, but the QB situation is playing out roughly how I predicted, so no surprises he departed. I wish him well, and hopefully he lands somewhere he can have more playing time.

Comment

Not football related - but Paul Blanchard won NSIC coach of the year (team picked to finish 14th overall, finished 5th). Chase McDaniel from Pah's Rump, NV won shortstop of the year as well.

Comment

What are we feeling this year? I'm definitely a little bummed about the loss of Upper Iowa since it takes away a likely win for us. (don't come at me with pitchforks Peacock fans, I'm just telling what I see from the 15-3 record all-time)

I'm glad we open with Minot, because following that up with Bemidji, Wayne and Duluth is a gauntlet! I'd be ECSTATIC with a 2-2 start, honestly...

Comment

Upper Iowa is about the only opponent we have a winning record against all-time. Minot maybe too? Just one of those teams we always seemed to squeak out a win against regardless of how "good" either team was.

It should be an interesting season. Would like to see us snag one against one of the NSIC blue bloods this year.

Comment

If the qbs are healthy they can compete/ The lines were much better last year too. I think we'll be competitive even is underdogs often

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                                Upper Iowa is about the only opponent we have a winning record against all-time. Minot maybe too? Just one of those teams we always seemed to squeak out a win against regardless of how "good" either team was.

Minot 8-1
                                Upper Iowa 15-3
                                Concordia-St Paul 12-13
                                UMary 5-6
                                Bemidji 21-26-1
                                Moorhead 19-29
                                Winona 20-32
                                Northern 11-24
                                Wayne 8-25
                                Sioux Falls 3-11
                                Augustana 3-23
                                Duluth 7-28-1