Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    https://smsumustangs.com/news/2023/7...ing-staff.aspx

Oddly enough, I was looking at the Briar Cliff OC spot a few days ago and noticed he was not there....hmmm....and then saw him on the roster page for SMSU.

Most will remember Cunha as the all-forever QB for Minot State who played through injuries but I think he was there longer than Milt Wagner was at Louisville..hoops joke for the old heads here in the chat. Cunha had his moments at a place that struggled in the transition from the NAIA to D2.
    What do you know about his coaching style and/or systems he likes to run?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

What do you know about his coaching style and/or systems he likes to run?
      I honestly don't know a thing about what his preferences are..seeing as I wasn't compelled to take in much Briar Cliff football in a long time. They've been real bad for a long time and it's a tough place as they are the other team in Sioux City..with MSide being a giant there in the NAIA.

I'm guessing that Patterson will continue to have a lot of influence over what the Mustangs do offensively..seeing as their power running game worked well at the front part of last year until injuries changed them at QB etc. Coach Underwood has always placed a value on running the football in the past as well. I'm not expecting a lot of change with the offense..at least not right away.

Comment

Donnie Austin is back and we have sophomore and redshirt freshman at QB so I think we'll be running the ball a lot. I like both the young qbs but the line is pretty veteran and good and Austin is a solid runner so I expect pound the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
          Donnie Austin is back and we have sophomore and redshirt freshman at QB so I think we'll be running the ball a lot. I like both the young qbs but the line is pretty veteran and good and Austin is a solid runner so I expect pound the ball.
          Yup... agreed. DA will see a lot of action this year and I'm excited for it.

Seems like we're getting back to the days of having really solid ground options.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            Most will remember Cunha as the all-forever QB for Minot State who played through injuries but I think he was there longer than Milt Wagner was at Louisville..hoops joke for the old heads here in the chat. Cunha had his moments at a place that struggled in the transition from the NAIA to D2.
            Just dawned on me....

Thursday, Aug. 31: SMSU at Minot State, 6 p.m.

Comment

Mustangs report next Sunday. Should be a fun season.

Comment

OK. the fellas are here. should be fun.

Comment

prediction 22 days out

SMSU 34
                  Minot 12 *

*subject to change as the start of camp may have lead to excessive exuberance

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                    OK. the fellas are here. should be fun.
                    I made a stop at campus on Sunday to stretch my legs and I heard they were in a meeting - got me a little excited.

Comment

I heard that Kellen Johnson has left the program already? Weren't they pretty high on him?

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post
                        I heard that Kellen Johnson has left the program already? Weren't they pretty high on him?
                        He is gone. Spitballing here, but being that he is a Pipestone QB - could he have been a Boyer Bouman guy? Now that Bouman is gone, maybe he left too?

100% speculation on my end.

Comment

Dang, that's unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

He is gone. Spitballing here, but being that he is a Pipestone QB - could he have been a Boyer Bouman guy? Now that Bouman is gone, maybe he left too?

100% speculation on my end.
                            I heard a reason why but it's hearsay and no need to spread rumors about a kid on this site. Good luck to whatever he deicides.

Comment

I heard a reason why but it's hearsay and no need to spread rumors about a kid on this site. Good luck to whatever he deicides.
                              Yup, agreed. Definitely wish him the best whatever the reason.

The move could get interesting down the stretch if Martin were to get injured. I don't know anything about our other two QBs.

Comment

Someone as talented as him, probably isn't used to being a backup. And with Martin only a sophomore it might be a while before he saw the field.

But good call on the change at QB coach, that could very easily have been a factor as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X