Moorhead 19-29
    Winona 20-32
    Northern 11-24
    Wayne 8-25
    Sioux Falls 3-11
    Augustana 3-23
    Duluth 7-28-1
    Mankato 0-20
    You have a 2nd year head coach who is a proven winner. Coach Underwood won at SCSU despite very difficult conditons, under closing program threats and budget cuts. I think he is a difference maker. Oh yee of little faith.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

You have a 2nd year head coach who is a proven winner. Coach Underwood won at SCSU despite very difficult conditons, under closing program threats and budget cuts. I think he is a difference maker. Oh yee of little faith.
      Not a lack of faith by any means, those are our all-time records against conference opponents.

I hit the nail on the head - UIU and Minot. Bemidji and Moorhead are surprising results too though now that I look at it.

Comment

I see the PE Gym is getting some touch ups - anyone know what all they are doing? Looks like just refinishing the floor but I wasn't sure.

Nice to see a little money being put into facilities at least. And that place could use a touchup.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          I see the PE Gym is getting some touch ups - anyone know what all they are doing? Looks like just refinishing the floor but I wasn't sure.

Nice to see a little money being put into facilities at least. And that place could use a touchup.
          Refinishing. Probably will be close to how the R/A floor looks, adjusting of course for the necessary lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Refinishing. Probably will be close to how the R/A floor looks, adjusting of course for the necessary lines.
            Agreed. It's pretty neat that we have a gym used primarily for volleyball and I'm glad to see we aren't forgetting about it's appearance.

From the photos it didn't look like a full floor replacement, it looked like they might just be refinishing it - I'm not sure. Either way it's very welcomed.

EDIT: I thought you said "refreshing." Time to get my eyes checked. Oofta.
            Last edited by SW_Mustang; 05-16-2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

MARSHALL -- Renovations of the wood court inside the PE Gym on the campus of Southwest Minnesota University are currently underway, which include a complete redesign and color scheme of the main court.

According to SMSU Director of Facilities Tony Nubile, workers are sanding down the entire floor down to the maple wood, while damaged boards on the court are being replaced. Staff will be staining the volleyball court and painting all the other lines and center logo, and sealing/finishing the floor.

The PE Gym is the home of SMSU volleyball, wrestling and wheelchair basketball and hosts numerous University events.

Comment

MARSHALL -- Renovations of the wood court inside the PE Gym on the campus of Southwest Minnesota University are currently underway, which include a complete redesign and color scheme of the main court.

According to SMSU Director of Facilities Tony Nubile, workers are sanding down the entire floor down to the maple wood, while damaged boards on the court are being replaced. Staff will be staining the volleyball court and painting all the other lines and center logo, and sealing/finishing the floor.

The PE Gym is the home of SMSU volleyball, wrestling and wheelchair basketball and hosts numerous University events.
                Exciting stuff. They should chop up the damaged boards and sell them as souvenirs for a quick little fundraiser.

Comment

Boyer Bouman is no longer a coach on the team. No longer coaching anywhere it would appear.

Comment

Boyer Bouman is no longer a coach on the team. No longer coaching anywhere it would appear.
                    From June 2 on FootballScoop:

Southwest Minnesota State (D-II): Per source, quarterbacks coach / passing game coordinator, Boyer Bouman has left the program to pursue opportunities outside of football.

Comment

From June 2 on FootballScoop:

Southwest Minnesota State (D-II): Per source, quarterbacks coach / passing game coordinator, Boyer Bouman has left the program to pursue opportunities outside of football.
                      Thankful for what he did for the program as a player and coach. I'm sure he has his reasons for stepping away.

Comment

https://smsumustangs.com/news/2023/7...ing-staff.aspx

Oddly enough, I was looking at the Briar Cliff OC spot a few days ago and noticed he was not there....hmmm....and then saw him on the roster page for SMSU.

Most will remember Cunha as the all-forever QB for Minot State who played through injuries but I think he was there longer than Milt Wagner was at Louisville..hoops joke for the old heads here in the chat. Cunha had his moments at a place that struggled in the transition from the NAIA to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Oddly enough, I was looking at the Briar Cliff OC spot a few days ago and noticed he was not there....hmmm....and then saw him on the roster page for SMSU.

Most will remember Cunha as the all-forever QB for Minot State who played through injuries but I think he was there longer than Milt Wagner was at Louisville..hoops joke for the old heads here in the chat. Cunha had his moments at a place that struggled in the transition from the NAIA to D2.
                          Poached him from former SMSU tight end Shane LaDage's staff

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Milt Wagner -- good comparison

Comment

Brandon Alt is a "father time" at 6 years, there are other examples of that.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                                Brandon Alt is a "father time" at 6 years, there are other examples of that.
                                Blake Gimbel had 6 years under his belt - and that was pre-COVID.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X