Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mankato Mavericks 2023

I was hoping for a more intelligent poster to start this thread, but here we go. Any new news on stadium, signing day, returning players, new coaches, open date on the football schedule. I did see that Coach put out on social media three new assistant coaches. Chance Bowen, Justin Schmiesing and Jack Hansen. About a month till spring game.

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
    I was hoping for a more intelligent poster to start this thread, but here we go. Any new news on stadium, signing day, returning players, new coaches, open date on the football schedule. I did see that Coach put out on social media three new assistant coaches. Chance Bowen, Justin Schmiesing and Jack Hansen. About a month till spring game.
    Honestly, I assume there's very little concrete news on the stadium and open dates as Chad Courrier typically is good at passing that info along..but I've noticed Coach Hoffner has been especially busy posting on twitter with content..but just not much on the stadium and open date.

I think with plenty of the teams who got the same coach year to year, maybe there's no real news to report until Spring ball gets going and such.

Comment

Concerning the stadium...on our final playoff broadcast in Colorado, we had University President Inch on for a live interview at halftime. He said the timeline is for the new stadium in "three to four years." He wasn't evasive or vague, I believe that once the Armstrong Hall replacement project is complete, that the football stadium will be next.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
        Concerning the stadium...on our final playoff broadcast in Colorado, we had University President Inch on for a live interview at halftime. He said the timeline is for the new stadium in "three to four years." He wasn't evasive or vague, I believe that once the Armstrong Hall replacement project is complete, that the football stadium will be next.
        Big news if it comes true. Methuselah Hector area, " Laker" has waited a long time for that. He would like honor of blowing up the old press box, aka his back rest.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Big news if it comes true. Methuselah Hector area, " Laker" has waited a long time for that. He would like honor of blowing up the old press box, aka his back rest.
          I'm probably on the hook for the new rest room. And yes, that press box should have been napalmed long ago.

Comment

Brookens. Wasn’t able to hear the President’s remarks, I was in the stands enjoying one heck of a football game!!!! Thanks for the info. I have heard the the stadium project might happen. I did hear that we might not see the beautiful natural grass anymore when done?? Also I haven’t seen any pictures of the project.

Comment

Hopefully they relocate the soap dispensers before demolition. I always enjoyed those things.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                Hopefully they relocate the soap dispensers before demolition. I always enjoyed those things.
                The first time that I saw them I thought that they were pretty cool. I wish that I could find a picture of those purple and gold classics but I didn't find anything online.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

The first time that I saw them I thought that they were pretty cool. I wish that I could find a picture of those purple and gold classics but I didn't find anything online.
                  I might have one somewhere. They are that impressive.

Comment

There aren't any drawings or depictions of potential new stadium, because we aren't that far in the process. My guess is that the wheels are already turning behind the scenes but we won't see anything until a fundraising campaign begins.

As far as plastic grass goes, the Blake is the best natural grass football field in Minnesota and it ain't close. Too bad the MSHSL made that stupid rule that all state football quarterfinals had to be played on artificial. Mankato is a perfect spot for many such tournament games. The only reason to put artificial turf in would be to host more events, but the grass is actually a big advantage for the Mavericks.

Comment

There aren't any drawings or depictions of potential new stadium, because we aren't that far in the process. My guess is that the wheels are already turning behind the scenes but we won't see anything until a fundraising campaign begins.

As far as plastic grass goes, the Blake is the best natural grass football field in Minnesota and it ain't close. Too bad the MSHSL made that stupid rule that all state football quarterfinals had to be played on artificial. Mankato is a perfect spot for many such tournament games. The only reason to put artificial turf in would be to host more events, but the grass is actually a big advantage for the Mavericks.
                      That is great news to hear! It is sorely needed as we all know.
                      As far as the artificial playing surface my High School in Janesville sure does love hosting the Section Championship games in our new stadium. So I'll thank the MSHSL for that at least.

Comment

I've broadcast two Fairmont Section Championship football games in Janesville, a fantastic facility for a town it's size. Seems odd that we pass through a town of 50,000 people to play that game in a town of 1,000 though.

Comment

I'll never stop loving the grass and on top of you atmosphere at the Blake, and that's as a Coo fan. Too bad about the MSHSL rule because my favorite HS game and atmosphere I ever played in was a state quarterfinal game under the lights on the grass at the Blake.
                          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

The Blake is such an odd stadium - it's an ugly duckling on paper, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad to see it (inevitably) go. For reasons mentioned - the grass, sightlines, atmosphere, cheap food - it's a stadium where one can really appreciate the game of football as it was intended to be enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              The Blake is such an odd stadium - it's an ugly duckling on paper, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little sad to see it (inevitably) go. For reasons mentioned - the grass, sightlines, atmosphere, cheap food - it's a stadium where one can really appreciate the game of football as it was intended to be enjoyed.
                              I've never been to a stadium that made you feel more like you are on top of the field. I've also seen players bang into the concrete on the sidelines. Kudos to the grounds crew who always do a super job of taking care of the grass. After watching the spring game when it was all dead from Hockey Day in Minnesota, those guys are miracle workers.

I hope that they get a new stadium- and that they do it the RIGHT way, which includes the visitor's side- before I can't go to games anymore.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X