Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Hills State announced their schedule today. Week one they play at St. Thomas, now that would have been a dream matchup for the Mavericks. Week Two they're at Southwest Baptist before starting their RMAC schedule.

Comment

With Simon Fraser announcing they are dropping football, that leaves an open date for...Western Oregon in Week 7. Any Maverick fans up for a trip to just outside Salem?

Comment

Dan O. I do t want to go anywhere close to Portland!!!!! But I think you could persuade me to go there for a maverick football game

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
          With Simon Fraser announcing they are dropping football, that leaves an open date for...Western Oregon in Week 7. Any Maverick fans up for a trip to just outside Salem?
          If John Behrends drives I'm up for it.

Comment

They were already set for a road game at Simon F....have them head to Mankato..

Comment

Maverick fans were short a home game last year, no need to get screwed twice in a row.

Comment

Wonder if Western Oregon wants to join the old NCC, trips to Brookings and Mankato in the same year

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                  Maverick fans were short a home game last year, no need to get screwed twice in a row.
                  With these odd bye weeks..it's almost a case of beggars can't be choosers. It's a difficult process to find a dance partner for squads (as Mankato has seen)..and if they were just an average team something tells me they'd have a game by now. We are seeing more and more of this nationally with teams like NWMSU and Valdosta..where other squads aren't exactly jumping at the chance to take an L in their non-con by playing a team that was strong the year previous or has some weight to their name. Having a rep for being a strong team is a good thing until it comes time to find a non-con dance partner. That all said, yes Mankato would surely like to have a home game in that spot..but when you have so few options, you might end up taking a road game if accomplishes the bigger picture = getting an 11th contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    but when you have so few options, you might end up taking a road game if accomplishes the bigger picture = getting an 11th contest.
                    At this point, I want an 11th game. Week 0 or Week 7, there aren't a lot of options. D3 Northwestern of St Paul- October 8, 2005, defeated Trinity Bible College 59–0 in a 12 noon kickoff before defeating Macalester College 6.5 miles down Snelling Avenue at 7 p.m. that night, 47–14. But Trinity no longer plays football so two games in the same day won't fly.

Comment

Just saw this on Twitter:

Chad Courrier
                      @ChadCourrier
                      ·
                      5m
                      Sounds like there might be some news coming soon about 11th game for MSU football next season. Would be good news, if true.

Comment

My guesses would be Western Oregon or an NAIA team getting paid to come in and be a sacrificial lamb for the day

Comment

Well, this is good news. Chad can u give us a little more??? Which week??? ZERO OR SEVENTH? What are u guys thoughts on the spring game. I thought they all played hard and a lot guy’s fighting for spots. Think we might have two RB’s!!! Need more depth there. Thin at WR, after that idk!!!

Comment

Jalen Sample signed with Washington yesterday. UDFA. No word on McGhee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
                              My guesses would be Western Oregon or an NAIA team getting paid to come in and be a sacrificial lamb for the day
                              I was thinking this was going to be announced by now..but I'm expecting Western Oregon to head to MSU for W7 since that came open and WOU is very accustomed to longer travels being a team that needs to find games over the last however many years. They'll be at SDSU near the start of the fall.

Comment

If it's Western Oregon it might just take a little while to work out money arrangements? MSU might help out with lodging or something

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X