Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Why would Angelo get ahead of Wayne? Their SOS will be moving down as they don't play a team over .500. The reason the are behind Wayne right now is Wayne has 3 quality wins at the moment and Angelo only has 1.
    Wayne's SOS will drop also.

Angelo's SOS is much higher. They have played Colorado Mines who will finish 11-0 and beat West Alabama who may finish 6-4 with wins over West Florida and possibly Valdosta.

Angelo's losses will be to teams that will likely finish 30-2 combined.

Wayne has a horrible non conference game (Missouri S&T at 3-6) and a bad loss to Northern State.

If Augustana loses out then that quality win loses some shine.

Angelo has avoided any bad losses.

If all the top 7 teams take care of business then its a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Angelo's SOS is much higher. They have played Colorado Mines who will finish 11-0 and beat West Alabama who may finish 6-4 with wins over West Florida and possibly Valdosta.
      They also may finish 4-6. This is quite the rabbit hole to navigate in order to get your 3rd LSC team in.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

They also may finish 4-6. This is quite the rabbit hole to navigate in order to get your 3rd LSC team in.
        Of course cherry picking stats can be a great thing.

Again thats is the issue with silo scheduling.

Augustana could finish 10-1 but could they beat a 3rd or 4th place MIAA team?

Is that truly a quality win?

Either way I win.

If the top 7 take care of business then it gets settled on the field and hopefully not with conference rematches.

If not then I get to see if I am right or Wit about that 7th team.

Comment

Wayne has a horrible non conference game (Missouri S&T at 3-6) and a bad loss to Northern State.

Wayne is already ahead of Angelo..so what is realistic to happen in the coming weeks?

-The record of the teams Angelo lost to isn't part of the criteria..who have they beaten..?
          -If you are thinking West AL might beat both WF and VSU....uh..maybe..but not likely.

I mean, Angelo could make it....but I think they need a loss by Wayne (seems unlikely) as I don't see what's going to vault them ahead of Wayne..but we still have 2 weeks for things to develop.

....now I do fully agree this is the top 7 and then teams that are hopeful..as I stated on our show Sunday night. If we see upsets in the big 3 games in W11..then things could get wild.

Comment

Wayne is already ahead of Angelo..so what is realistic to happen in the coming weeks?

-The record of the teams Angelo lost to isn't part of the criteria..who have they beaten..?
            -If you are thinking West AL might beat both WF and VSU....uh..maybe..but not likely.

I mean, Angelo could make it....but I think they need a loss by Wayne (seems unlikely) as I don't see what's going to vault them ahead of Wayne..but we still have 2 weeks for things to develop.

....now I do fully agree this is the top 7 and then teams that are hopeful..as I stated on our show Sunday night. If we see upsets in the big 3 games in W11..then things could get wild.
            West Alabama already beat West Florida.

I think this is where the lack of NCAA transparency is frustrating.

Inkblot who I respect the heck out of with his numbers and also mine had Angelo ahead of Wayne.

Its just a hunch that the NCAA goes with ANgelo State if Auggie loses out.

Lets make a friendly wager.

If Auggie loses out.

If Wayne State gets in then I will change my logo to the NSIC or the team of your choosing.

If Angelo State gets in then you change your logo to the LSC.

Thoughts?

Comment

West Alabama already beat West Florida.

I think this is where the lack of NCAA transparency is frustrating.

Inkblot who I respect the heck out of with his numbers and also mine had Angelo ahead of Wayne.

Its just a hunch that the NCAA goes with ANgelo State if Auggie loses out.

Lets make a friendly wager.

If Auggie loses out.

If Wayne State gets in then I will change my logo to the NSIC or the team of your choosing.

If Angelo State gets in then you change your logo to the LSC.

Thoughts?
              Ok....I will do a food bet with you that will be tbd..like Omaha steaks or deep dish pizza or something..up to like $50 in value or there about.

If Augie beats NSU..(they only have one g in their name by the way..haha)..then none of this matters anyway.

Comment

Ok....I will do a food bet with you that will be tbd..like Omaha steaks or deep dish pizza or something..up to like $50 in value or there about.

If Augie beats NSU..(they only have one g in their name by the way..haha)..then none of this matters anyway.
                Sounds great to me and a lot of fun.

In 2024 I will be able to do a lot more travelling and visit more D2 venues.

We can all meet up and have some beers along with those steaks and pizza's.

Now I am hoping for Augie to lose out (no offense to fans) to see what happens.

Either way good luck to all the NSIC playoff participants.

Comment

"Bad" seems harsh, can we go with "sub-optimal" or perhaps "less than ideal"? Haha.

Comment

Of course cherry picking stats can be a great thing.

Again thats is the issue with silo scheduling.

Augustana could finish 10-1 but could they beat a 3rd or 4th place MIAA team?

Is that truly a quality win?

Either way I win.

If the top 7 take care of business then it gets settled on the field and hopefully not with conference rematches.

If not then I get to see if I am right or Wit about that 7th team.
                    I wasn’t cherry picking stats! You were reaching and I was simply saying they could also lose their last two games. Since you were working on an assumption rather than concrete evidence, I just wanted to present the other side. Seems your numbers are based on a lot of hypotheticals.

Im not sure what ‘you win’ but that’s a telling statement 😳

Augie beats NSU handily this weekend and all this wishing for a 3rd LSC team in the playoffs is over.

Comment

I wasn’t cherry picking stats! You were reaching and I was simply saying they could also lose their last two games. Since you were working on an assumption rather than concrete evidence, I just wanted to present the other side. Seems your numbers are based on a lot of hypotheticals.

Augie beats NSU handily this weekend and all this wishing for a 3rd LSC team in the playoffs is over.
                      Again, "handily" seems unnecessary. I just hope it's a good game and both teams have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Again, "handily" seems unnecessary. I just hope it's a good game and both teams have fun.
                        You’re right. That was insensitive and I need to be better.

Take two: Augustana and Northern State play this weekend in a clash of fine young men. Augustana is looking to solidify a playoff spot while Northern is hoping to secure the Bank. Augustana will score more points than Northern, but do it very politely. When the teams shake hands at the end of the game, the players will join hands and congratulate each other on a hard fought game that ended 27-13.

Use take two :)

Comment

I win meant that either Augustana gets to prove it in the playoffs or I get to try to win a bet with Witt.

It wasnt meant as a "I win" in our debate.

Dont think I am reaching when the NCAA in the past and probably nontransparent now favors somewhat teams trying to play strong non con teams and Wayne didnt do that.

Wayne did beat a good undefeated Augustana team and kudos for that.

If the LSC picked up 3-4 additional teams to go silo and only scheduled inside to rack up multiple 2 loss teams I think NSIC folks might have the same arguments and issues over the borderline 6-9 regional ranked teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

"Bad" seems harsh, can we go with "sub-optimal" or perhaps "less than ideal"? Haha.
                            I said bad loss not a bad team.

In the interest of political correctness I will say sub par but could end up being a good win if Northern wins out? LOL.

Comment

You’re right. That was insensitive and I need to be better.

Take two: Augustana and Northern State play this weekend in a clash of fine young men. Augustana is looking to solidify a playoff spot while Northern is hoping to secure the Bank. Augustana will score more points than Northern, but do it very politely. When the teams shake hands at the end of the game, the players will join hands and congratulate each other on a hard fought game that ended 27-13.

Use take two :)
                              You forgot to include that all sacks will be consensual.

Comment

I win meant that either Augustana gets to prove it in the playoffs or I get to try to win a bet with Witt.

It wasnt meant as a "I win" in our debate.

Dont think I am reaching when the NCAA in the past and probably nontransparent now favors somewhat teams trying to play strong non con teams and Wayne didnt do that.

Wayne did beat a good undefeated Augustana team and kudos for that.

If the LSC picked up 3-4 additional teams to go silo and only scheduled inside to rack up multiple 2 loss teams I think NSIC folks might have the same arguments and issues over the borderline 6-9 regional ranked teams.
                                That’s so backwards, rewarding a loss over a win. A good loss is worth more than a mediocre win?? Don’t you play to win the game?

Also, to your previous post: what does it matter if Augie could beat the 3rd/4th best MIAA team? They are in SR3. Odd measuring stick for SR4 seeding.

Here is an example of the NSIC playing the LSC this year:
                                • MSU blasted WOU
                                • WOU played the LSC playoff teams close (7-17 / 16-28)
                                • Augustana blasted MSU
                                • Wayne beat Augustana

There is your direct non-conference comparison. It doesn’t hold up at all being the transitive property, but it’s direct between the conferences. That’s all that non-conference games can give us anyway, unless teams in question played each other. LSC and NSIC have played played each other this year. Many people think non-conference games tell the whole story. What story would that tell?

I hate silo scheduling as much as the next. But after MSU, I don’t care if any NSIC teams make it. Haha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X