Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4THEPAW View Post

Bemidji’s facilities are terrible. They’re starting to have a lot of on field success the last 5 years, hopefully the school finds it necessary to invest into major stadium upgrades. Honestly think they need to bulldoze both sides and start fresh!
    Agreed. Could be a beautiful setting for football but that stadium…..

Comment

31-14 Augie with 3:27 to go.

Comment

It's the RB Jarod Epperson day for Vikings over 150yds 31-14

Comment

Bemidji’s facilities are terrible. They’re starting to have a lot of on field success the last 5 years, hopefully the school finds it necessary to invest into major stadium upgrades. Honestly think they need to bulldoze both sides and start fresh!
          Home field advantage!!!

In all seriousness, when they put the turf in, there were plans in place for new seating. But with everything else, it comes down to funding. At that time I heard $10 million, can't imagine what it would cost now. And let's face it, BSU is in a budget crunch right now and looking to lay staff off, they are notnin a position to invest in The Chet. And BSU does not have a huge endowment or rich benefactors available.

Also, it was built as a WPA project, so there is some historical significance.
          Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Home field advantage!!!

In all seriousness, when they put the turf in, there were plans in place for new seating. But with everything else, it comes down to funding. At that time I heard $10 million, can't imagine what it would cost now. And let's face it, BSU is in a budget crunch right now and looking to lay staff off, they are notnin a position to invest in The Chet. And BSU does not have a huge endowment or rich benefactors available.

Also, it was built as a WPA project, so there is some historical significance.
            It being a WPA project would present significant challenges to renovation and especially replacing it.

Loads and loads of regulations on what can and can't be done. Not impossible by any means, just tough.

Comment

The good: absolutely gorgeous day for football here in Sioux Falls. Especially November. I want to win but I’ll admit as I get older, grow a family, and life goes on, those things don’t matter quite as much. Grateful for a great day to watch my team, who played one of their better games of the season, especially the defense.

The bad: Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers. The fumble and pick in the red zone. A botched snap on the FG late. Opportunities were there but squandered to give themselves a shot late. 2023 USF in a nutshell.

On to SMSU. Let’s finish this frustrating season on a W.
              4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
              2016 NSIC Champions
              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                The good: absolutely gorgeous day for football here in Sioux Falls. Especially November. I want to win but I’ll admit as I get older, grow a family, and life goes on, those things don’t matter quite as much. Grateful for a great day to watch my team, who played one of their better games of the season, especially the defense.

The bad: Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers. The fumble and pick in the red zone. A botched snap on the FG late. Opportunities were there but squandered to give themselves a shot late. 2023 USF in a nutshell.

On to SMSU. Let’s finish this frustrating season on a W.
                Bring on USF! :D

Comment

Sure would be nice if Bemidji and Augie tied, and Mankato beat Duluth next weekend so we don't have to deal with these dumb split championships. I'd have more respect for the conference if they actually used tiebreaker scenarios

First we'll need to initiate ties
                  Last edited by zimmy21; 11-04-2023, 06:41 PM.

Comment

The Dragons' fourth loss of the season wasn't too different than others this year. Played a top team in the NSIC close, didn't take advantage of opportunities, fell short. There was a point in the first half where MSUM got an interception, leading 7-0, and it would have been a prime moment to extend the lead. Wasn't able to capitalize.

My want for the season was to get back to a winning record and that's been clinched, but man, getting so close with these four games, had me wishing for a bit more. Still one game left to get a seventh win and finish the season strong.

Comment

Forgot to mention, you should have heard/seen the complaints when they still had grass. By the end of the year, with the high school games and college games, it was pretty beat up. I worked on the campus grounds crew for two years while in college there, and Monday was always a lot of work to try and get the field back in shape.
                      Millsy

Comment

Unfortunately for 2 SMSU players-because the team lost, their performance will likely get overlooked (week 10, loss, tough season and everyone is looking to the playoffs—-all true and all fair); but for whatever it’s worth:

Donnie Austin Jr RB had 23 Carries for 141 yards and 1 touchdown— averaged 6.1 per carry—ran well- credit to the OLine. There were not huge holes but there were creases for sure.

Marcus Martin Soph QB-continued to show improvement; didn’t throw an incomplete pass unitil 4 minutes left in the 4 th quarter- ended up 16 of 19 for 179 yards, 2 Touchdowns and no INT. He also ran for 80 yards and 1 rushing TD.

Comment

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post
                          Unfortunately for 2 SMSU players-because the team lost, their performance will likely get overlooked (week 10, loss, tough season and everyone is looking to the playoffs—-all true and all fair); but for whatever it’s worth:

Donnie Austin Jr RB had 23 Carries for 141 yards and 1 touchdown— averaged 6.1 per carry—ran well- credit to the OLine. There were not huge holes but there were creases for sure.

Marcus Martin Soph QB-continued to show improvement; didn’t throw an incomplete pass unitil 4 minutes left in the 4 th quarter- ended up 16 of 19 for 179 yards, 2 Touchdowns and no INT. He also ran for 80 yards and 1 rushing TD.
                          That's a massive improvement on Martin's end. If he puts work in next week, and in the offseason - I wouldn't be bummed if he came back next year.

Unfortunately, that's just how the season has gone though. Lots of great individual performances, but terrible as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                            It’s been said many times, but it’ll be said again. I inona’s broadcast is great. PXP guy for all sports and always does a good job. Color guy is very knowledgeable and not afraid to be honest. Loved his comment about “every time we had this officiating crew, there were lots of flags”

That was after a block in the back on MSU after the tackle was made :)
                            Justin Barrientos is the play by play guy. Last year he reached 1,000, yes 1,000 games called in his career. He does home WSU football and basketball games along with local high school hoops and football games. The color guy yesterday was Cam Keller who was the long time O-coordinator under Sawyer so extremely knowledgeable.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X