Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The head-to-head argument would have more weight if Augustana hadn't beaten two of the three teams that Wayne lost to.

Comment

Well, things get interesting now. Predictions? Augie gets a 2? Will BSU or Mankato State head to Sioux Falls? Will one be going on a long trip?

Comment

Augie play by play guy speculating that Mankato might be out and maybe Wayne gets in…that would surprise me, but the playoff picture for the NSIC is a mess.

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
          Augie play by play guy speculating that Mankato might be out and maybe Wayne gets in…that would surprise me, but the playoff picture for the NSIC is a mess.

thoughts?
          Mankato has one less loss and head-to-head win over Wayne. No way does WSC jump Mankato

Comment

thoughts?
            Can't see 3 loss Wayne getting in. The math says Mankato but if they put UMD instead I wouldn't complain. I'll let the experts figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Can't see 3 loss Wayne getting in. The math says Mankato but if they put UMD instead I wouldn't complain. I'll let the experts figure this out.
              UMD strength of schedule is way too low. I would be really surprised if they make the dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

UMD strength of schedule is way too low. I would be really surprised if they make the dance.
                I don't think SOS should overcome a head to head away win and an equivalent record. Especially at the end of the year. It doesn't make them a worse team. As much as it would help my team, and we are already behind a team we beat coming into this week with the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post

I don't think SOS should overcome a head to head away win and an equivalent record. Especially at the end of the year. It doesn't make them a worse team. As much as it would help my team, and we are already behind a team we beat coming into this week with the same situation.
                  Call Witt, he'll make sense of it all...................

Comment

Team W L Winning% SOS W+SOS Opp SOS vs. > .500
                    Colorado Mines 11 0 1.000 0.511 1.511 0.509 6-0
                    Westerm Colorado 10 1 0.909 0.483 1.393 0.507 4-1
                    Augustana 10 1 0.909 0.471 1.380 0.521 3-1
                    Texas Permian Basin 9 1 0.900 0.498 1.398 0.510 3-1
                    Minnesota State 9 2 0.818 0.491 1.309 0.507 3-2
                    Bemidji State 8 2 0.800 0.547 1.347 0.495 3-2
                    Central Washington 7 1 0.875 0.465 1.340 0.514 2-1
                    Minnesota Duluth 9 2 0.818 0.388 1.207 0.523 1-2

I put this together. One note, the SOS numbers are purely the final records of the teams they played. I've seen others that are a bit different, so I don't know if they remove a loss from the teams you beat or something, but I didn't go that deep. Same for opponent SOS.

That being said, I think the only hope for Duluth is if they get the bump over CWU after they got beat pretty bad today. But the numbers still seem to favor Central.

Also I think Western still has the edge on Augie for the #2 spot, and Mankato will be in the road. Bemidji has the SOS to move up to #4, but I don't know how they leap Mankato with a head-to-head loss.

I guess we'll see tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                      Hmmm. Not so crazy after all that Angelo State might make it if Minnesota State and/or Augustana lose this weekend?
                      Where are you today with your schemes and theory's involving LSC teams and Augustana not in post season.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Where are you today with your schemes and theory's involving LSC teams and Augustana not in post season.
                        Congrats to Augustana. Minnesota State did lose so they have a sweat. Doubtful but I will laugh if they put Angelo State in and send them to UTPB first round.

Comment

My thoughts...

1) Colorado Mines
                          2) Augustana vs. Minnesota State
                          3) UTPB vs. Bemidji State
                          4) Western Colorado vs. Central Washington.

Minnesota State wont drop out due to head to head with Wayne and Wayne acting as a blocker H2H to not let Duluth overtake both..

My dark horse picks just to mess with NSIC posters and laugh if it actually happens

1) Colorado Mines
                          2) Augustana vs. Bemidji State
                          3) Western Colorado vs. Central Washington
                          4) UTPB vs, Angelo State

Comment

Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post
                            Team W L Winning% SOS W+SOS Opp SOS vs. > .500
                            Colorado Mines 11 0 1.000 0.511 1.511 0.509 6-0
                            Westerm Colorado 10 1 0.909 0.483 1.393 0.507 4-1
                            Augustana 10 1 0.909 0.471 1.380 0.521 3-1
                            Texas Permian Basin 9 1 0.900 0.498 1.398 0.510 3-1
                            Minnesota State 9 2 0.818 0.491 1.309 0.507 3-2
                            Bemidji State 8 2 0.800 0.547 1.347 0.495 3-2
                            Central Washington 7 1 0.875 0.465 1.340 0.514 2-1
                            Minnesota Duluth 9 2 0.818 0.388 1.207 0.523 1-2

I put this together. One note, the SOS numbers are purely the final records of the teams they played. I've seen others that are a bit different, so I don't know if they remove a loss from the teams you beat or something, but I didn't go that deep. Same for opponent SOS.

That being said, I think the only hope for Duluth is if they get the bump over CWU after they got beat pretty bad today. But the numbers still seem to favor Central.

Also I think Western still has the edge on Augie for the #2 spot, and Mankato will be in the road. Bemidji has the SOS to move up to #4, but I don't know how they leap Mankato with a head-to-head loss.

I guess we'll see tomorrow night.
                            The big thing here (I have no history for basis, just what I read on these boards), in your list, would they flip Mankato and Bemidji, avoiding the back to back weeks of teams playing?

Comment

Will be a shame when a 2 loss UMD doesn’t make the playoffs because of SoS. Wait until Jamestown is in next year and this same problem hits again.

Comment

thoughts?
                                If Wayne gets in ahead of a 2 loss team that would be a travesty. SoS losses should be a big factor and a loss to NSU combined with the 2 others will keep Wayne out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X