Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    I've had a few league coaches reach out to me and say that rate is pretty good..all things considered.

While Coach Shields has started his tenure by using guys he's known in the past for his staff..I'm now curious if we see someone within the league (maybe that isn't a DC yet) go after this opening. The location isn't a selling point but the career advancement would be.
    I just found out that Wayne's former coach who went to Tulane as a WR coach and helped them to a 10-3 record resigned last year. It may have been mentioned within a thread. I wonder if he has any intentions of coaching again.

Comment

Former Mary HC Craig Bagnell is leaving USD after 1 season..to go back to Montana (where he's from) to run the family business. FYI.

Comment

Not NSIC or D2 related but Jerry Kill is going to be on the Vanderbilt staff after New Mexico State had a ten win season. I think this is the 5th team he has been associated with since leaving the Gophers. I was a big fan of his but something seems wrong here.
        Last edited by laker; 01-11-2024, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Not NSIC or D2 related but Jerry Kill is going to be on the Vanderbilt staff after New Mexico State had a ten win season. I think this is the 5th team he has been associated with since leaving the Gophers. I was a big fan of his but something seems wrong here.
          Witt, thanks for the info on Bagnell. Rising the coaches ranks is very tough on a family. Id imagine this was a big part of his decision. Wish him all the best.

Laker, I agree, taking New Mexico to a 10 win season is an incredible feat, to leave to be a part of Vandy seems very odd. I dont know much about him but I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Witt, thanks for the info on Bagnell. Rising the coaches ranks is very tough on a family. Id imagine this was a big part of his decision. Wish him all the best.

Laker, I agree, taking New Mexico to a 10 win season is an incredible feat, to leave to be a part of Vandy seems very odd. I dont know much about him but I agree.
            Worse than I thought. Seven. since retiring from coaching with the Gophers. Jerry Kill went to Kansas State, Rutgers. Southern Illinois, Va Tech, TCU, New Mexico St and now Vandy.

I wonder if Bagnell just didn't get burned out. Listening to how much time Saban spent, I'm surprised anyone lasts that long.

Comment

Not NSIC related, but here's a current list of who is believed to be the top candidates for the Alabama job - Sarkesian, Lanning, and Norvell have all dropped out.

Alabama coaching candidates: Kalen DeBoer, Dabo Swinney among options to replace Nick Saban - CBSSports.com

The guy at the top of the list mysteriously cancelled a radio interview this morning, with the station then reporting he had a meeting with his athletic director.

I don't usually plug into rumor mills and deal with all that, but this has truly been fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                Not NSIC related, but here's a current list of who is believed to be the top candidates for the Alabama job - Sarkesian, Lanning, and Norvell have all dropped out.

Alabama coaching candidates: Kalen DeBoer, Dabo Swinney among options to replace Nick Saban - CBSSports.com

The guy at the top of the list mysteriously cancelled a radio interview this morning, with the station then reporting he had a meeting with his athletic director.

I don't usually plug into rumor mills and deal with all that, but this has truly been fascinating.
                https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-replace-saban

He took the job. Unreal, guys a winner through and though

Comment

Money wins

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-replace-saban

He took the job. Unreal, guys a winner through and though
                    Yup. I had a feeling we'd hear something today...

That's insane.

Comment

Isn't it something that the SEC now has two head coaches who grew up playing high school football in northeastern South Dakota?

Comment

https://x.com/MSUBeaversFB/status/17...729495774?s=20

New Minot DC. FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                          Interesting hire for Minot.

(Go Lobos!)

Comment

Minot clearly seems to have punted on regional recruiting efforts, which creates a nice lane for Jamestown to come in and establish itself before Minot comes to its senses and a new AD brings in someone who cares about the region.

20 California
                            16 Arizona
                            10 Florida
                            7 Nevada
                            ---
                            8 Minnesota
                            5 North Dakota
                            3 Montana

Just for comparison, UMary had 35 players from the three-state region this season. Heck, even if you take out Minnesota recruits for obvious reasons, MSUM had 26 players from North Dakota and Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              Minot clearly seems to have punted on regional recruiting efforts, which creates a nice lane for Jamestown to come in and establish itself before Minot comes to its senses and a new AD brings in someone who cares about the region.

20 California
                              16 Arizona
                              10 Florida
                              7 Nevada
                              ---
                              8 Minnesota
                              5 North Dakota
                              3 Montana

Just for comparison, UMary had 35 players from the three-state region this season. Heck, even if you take out Minnesota recruits for obvious reasons, MSUM had 26 players from North Dakota and Montana.
                              It's been proven over and over by many teams that stuffing rosters with many southern players does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

It's been proven over and over by many teams that stuffing rosters with many southern players does not work.
                                I feel like Minot is on the verge of becoming a Crookston with good facilities.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X