Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSU Wolves Football - 2024

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by unknown View Post
    The Wolves just got a commitment from a D1 dual threat QB from Northern Arizona/Montana. This changes the outlook a little bit next season. I assume he is going to be the guy in the fall


    I don’t think that’s the case. This guy has barely played in his three years at NAU and Montana. There is concern around all the injuries they had last year and I believe Hein wanted more depth of guys he felt were ready to play. I do know that Hein values more of the dual threat type QB that Hackel and Van Landingham brought to the table and this guy fits that mold.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by unknown View Post
      The Wolves just got a commitment from a D1 dual threat QB from Northern Arizona/Montana. This changes the outlook a little bit next season. I assume he is going to be the guy in the fall


      Isnt the outlook always to go 6-5 plus/minus one w/l

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

        Isnt the outlook always to go 6-5 plus/minus one w/l
        You can add an additional plus one when the Jimbos are on the schedule.

        Comment


        • #34
          I didn’t get the impression leaving the spring game with MSU that the Wolves were real happy with their inability to stretch the field and felt like their offense might need a boost or two. Maybe that comes in the form of a dual threat QB (who’s shorter but has been a proven winner in the past)..and maybe they also look for a difference maker at wideout. I get the impression that if Hackel is good to go this Summer (he wasn’t in the spring) that he will be favored in the QB race..to compete with the new guy. Just the feel I’m getting. Both have more of the dual threat ability. If you are using your QB in that way, you put yourself in a bad spot if you don’t have a backup that you think can run that offense if needed too. Keep in mind this will be a new offensive install to some extent. So, each QB should kinda be learning things and nobody should have a big advantage with the playbook.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by unknown View Post
            The Wolves just got a commitment from a D1 dual threat QB from Northern Arizona/Montana. This changes the outlook a little bit next season. I assume he is going to be the guy in the fall


            Augustana also had a bounce back QB from Utah or Utah St. that I don't think ever saw the field. The Dogs had Logan Graetz that transferred down and ended up dropping off the depth chart when Olson and Walljasper jumped ahead of him. I wonder some times with guys like that what got them from point A to point B and had they gone to "the right level" out of high school would their careers had taken a different course.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

              Augustana also had a bounce back QB from Utah or Utah St. that I don't think ever saw the field. The Dogs had Logan Graetz that transferred down and ended up dropping off the depth chart when Olson and Walljasper jumped ahead of him. I wonder some times with guys like that what got them from point A to point B and had they gone to "the right level" out of high school would their careers had taken a different course.
              What atleast has me hopeful is this guy actually got playing time at his last stop. He had 6 tds in very limited action. Many D1 bounce backs never touch the field at their original school and so when they arrive, you have absolutely no idea what you are getting. If you go to 1 minute and 30 seconds of this clip, he has touchdowns on back to back plays, one rushing and one passing. I am aware they were up big but still......

              https://youtu.be/nMKFxbkQUnI?feature=shared

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by unknown View Post

                What atleast has me hopeful is this guy actually got playing time at his last stop. He had 6 tds in very limited action. Many D1 bounce backs never touch the field at their original school and so when they arrive, you have absolutely no idea what you are getting. If you go to 1 minute and 30 seconds of this clip, he has touchdowns on back to back plays, one rushing and one passing. I am aware they were up big but still......

                https://youtu.be/nMKFxbkQUnI?feature=shared
                Augustana took in a transfer quarterback from Montana St. named Casey Bauman. After an injury plagued Sr. season he had an outstanding Grad. student season leading Augustana to a NSIC championship in 2023. He signed a rookie contract with the Los Angelas Chargers where he currently is. His right tackle Blake Larson is with the LA Rams.

                So yes, D1 bounce backs can work. They didn't sign with D1 teams, unless coaching staffs saw quality in their play.












                Comment


                • #38
                  Is it football season yet?????

                  Things seem kinda quiet at the moment with Northern.

                  Comment

                  Ad3

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X