Dixie drives 99 YARDS WITH LESS THEN A MINUTE IN THE 4th

Comment

Re: Dixie State considering a move to D1

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        38-38 right now.
        and miss a field goal from uno

Comment

Mines was upset here in St George today.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
            Mines was upset here in St George today.
            This thread escalated quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
              It's understandable as to why Sam Houston and SF Austin fans are unhappy about some of the SLC's recent additions. Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word, among others, have helped render the SLC a mediocre conference overall. As for Lamar moving to the FBS level, that's puzzling. The Cardinals haven't come close to winning a LSC championship; although they beat Sam Houston earlier this year. I don't think Prairie View would make the SLC stronger, but it probably wouldn't make it weaker either. At least Prairie View has a nice big new stadium. The SLC ain't the powerhouse conference it once was.
              I was on the WAC board in 2012 when the league started to fall apart. It was suggested that the WAC was the last league to offer homes for FBS move ups. They were encouraging anyone from the Big Sky and Southland with FBS aspirations to make the move. The hope was that Montana, North Dakota State, and some others would take the chance, but they didn't. According to the board, Lamar expressed an interest in moving up, but they were the only one.

I think they see it the same way that others do. There is more statewide press for FBS teams (even bad ones like Texas State) than there is for their current lot in the Southland.
              Tarleton State Texan
              Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
                Interesting....some rumors from Texas....

From the SLC, Lamar has openly stated a desire to move to FBS. Some of the fans from Sam Houston and SF Austin have been unhappy with adding new schools that have in their opinion diluted the brand and have been clamoring for their schools to move up as well. Prairie View has been rumored to be open to moving from the SWAC to the Southland.

In addition to UTRGV, UTArlington has talked about adding football and a couple of schools other than Tarleton have discussed moving up as an option. TAMU Commerce and Angelo State are two that come to mind.

They won't. Texas State and UTSA just moved up 6 years ago. Texas State has invested tons of money into making FBS facilities. Texas State was bowl eligible two years in a row after moving up and then made a coaching change which put the program in the dumpster. UTSA sees themselves as another UCF/USF in the making. They made it to a bowl game and played host to numerous PAC12 and BIGXII teams. UTEP has a history in FBS. They have rivalries with nearby UNM and NMST. All of those teams suck in football, but they won't move down because they don't want to be seen as inferior to one another.
                Tarleton State Texan
                Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Dixie State still undecided.

http://dixiesunnews.com/news/article...ins-undecided/

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    This was an interesting linked article from the one laker posted about:

http://dixiesunnews.com/news/article...out-rmac-move/

I guess the RMAC really isn't a better long term fit....

Comment

Seems to me if the football team is gonna be Independent, and finances are a LARGE part of the decision, DSU's gonna have to find some BIG pocketbooks to send the football team all over the place 5 or 6 times a season. Busin' back 'n forth through the RMAC, I'd assume, takes a hefty chunk of $$ as it is.

I wonder, too, if the BIG guys think D-I would attract more local fans?

Lots to consider in the jump, and not all jumps are uphill.

Comment

For what it's worth.

New head coach Paul Peterson has hired the following assistants per sources: Tyler Almond (defensive coordinator / safeties), Loni Fangupo (defensive line), Misi Tupe (linebackers), Mike Fassel (special teams / operations) and John Hughes (offensive line).

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                          Seems to me if the football team is gonna be Independent, and finances are a LARGE part of the decision, DSU's gonna have to find some BIG pocketbooks to send the football team all over the place 5 or 6 times a season. Busin' back 'n forth through the RMAC, I'd assume, takes a hefty chunk of $$ as it is.

I wonder, too, if the BIG guys think D-I would attract more local fans?

Lots to consider in the jump, and not all jumps are uphill.
                          Being an independent is a pretty tough row to hoe. No conference title to fight for, no real consistent rivals.

I think some of these jumps are off of a cliff!

Comment

Being an independent is a pretty tough row to hoe. No conference title to fight for, no real consistent rivals.

I think some of these jumps are off of a cliff!
                            Army. BYU. Liberty. NM State, UMass & ND are the only FBS indies. FCS? Hampton. N. Alabama. N. Dakota. But they're all joini' conferences next season. Can't imagine many would clamor for tickets at DSU except for the "Y" game. Would the others really want a to trip here? Not much of a pool from which to choose.

Comment

The Dixie State facebook page is announcing an event Friday afternoon and the WAC digital network has scheduled a press conference for the same time.

https://www.facebook.com/DixieStateA...type=3&theater

https://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                                The Dixie State facebook page is announcing an event Friday afternoon and the WAC digital network has scheduled a press conference for the same time.

https://www.facebook.com/DixieStateA...type=3&theater

https://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com/

Yep. Dixie State to move up as FCS Indy.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46464699...tic-conference
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X