Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DSU

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
    I don't recall any team in the GNAC taking Dixie seriously when they had a home there. In fact, Dixie was the Rodney Dangerfield in that conference. They weren't even a full fledged member. As for the RMAC, teams could not care less either way; too much potent weed to be smoked in places like Durango, Gunnison and Pueblo. Dixie is basically irrelevant. Now then, there is no compelling reason why members of the Big Sky Conference give a fig about Dixie. And the fact that Dixie is moving to the WAC won't make Dixie more appealing. The WAC is desperately looking for anybody willing to join it; the level of suckage is immaterial. Speaking about the WAC, the only team that currently plays football is New Mexico State. None of the teams that play New Mexico State care where the Aggies are from. All they care is that New Mexico State is an easy win, and wins will help get your team a bowl game. The last time I checked, no conference is clamoring to give New Mexico State a home. So why should the Big Sky Conference give a hoot about Dixie? They prolly don't. My guess if the Big Sky were going to add a new member, they would prefer a school that brings more than a modicum of cred to the table; like, for example, Colorado Mesa. The Cows have good student enrollment, excellent facilities, a perennial winner on the football field, and very good in other sports like baseball. Dixie has noting to offer the Big Sky, but an easy win. Besides, the Big Sky already has a doormat, Northern Colorado. The conference doesn't need another weak sister.

UNALions -- respond only if you can put together a lucid logical rebuttal to the points I made. If you want to engage in mindless drivel, write a PM to Eeyore. I'm sure the two of you can amuse one another for hours, days, weeks. Plus, he's more your speed anyway. :bulgy-eyes:
    The Big Sky would not care if a school has a good baseball team. The Big Sky does not have baseball.

Comment

Sure wish Lobo and UNALions would quit their f***in' cat fight.

Dixie improved every year they were in the RMAC. They decided to leave for, what they believe, will be greener pastures. Do I believe it was a smart decision? No, it was stupid. A D-I FCS football independent in a difficult location to visit? Oh puh....leeeze!

I live in StG. GREAT place to RETIRE! Few locals, imo, support DSU football, and locals are important to their success. jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
        The Big Sky would not care if a school has a good baseball team. The Big Sky does not have baseball.
        True that the Big Sky does not play baseball as a conference. I didn't say it does. But as usual, you missed the point, which was not subtle. Colorado Mesa as a potential Big Sky conference member is a lot more attractive than Dixie, with or without baseball. Now if you think the Big Sky would chose Dixie over other potential candidates, including Mesa, and have evidence to the back that assertion, bring your proof. Otherwise, go back to making excuses for bad refs ... :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
          Sure wish Lobo and UNALions would quit their f***in' cat fight.

Dixie improved every year they were in the RMAC. They decided to leave for, what they believe, will be greener pastures. Do I believe it was a smart decision? No, it was stupid. A D-I FCS football independent in a difficult location to visit? Oh puh....leeeze!

I live in StG. GREAT place to RETIRE! Few locals, imo, support DSU football, and locals are important to their success. jmo.

Dude! Wish granted. I'll let UNALions argue with Eeyore since they seem to have about the same knowledge of football.

Comment

Well, for some teams, you wont have to make the long road trip to Dixie State! But for those that do, It may be the last time! Unless your looking for $$$$ from Dixie!

Comment

Back in the NAIA days, Western was a beast. The Mountaineers won several RMAC titles in a row ... 7, 8 or 9 ... something like that; it was crazy. The Mountaineers were the team to beat back then. Today ... well ... no longer a beast, but at least they have a good decent HC who gets the most out of the recourses he has to work with. I'll take the "fifth commandment" on the football facilities. :smile-big:
              The 70's and 90's have been the peaks. Still lead the conference with titles but it could be a while for another. Not sure Chadron State south is working after 8 years,

Comment

[QUOTE=Turbonium;2347295]It sucks. :smile-big:[/Q

At least they've kept the program running through lean years :wink:
                Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-04-2019, 02:13 AM.

Comment

I don't recall any team in the GNAC taking Dixie seriously when they had a home there. In fact, Dixie was the Rodney Dangerfield in that conference. They weren't even a full fledged member. As for the RMAC, teams could not care less either way; too much potent weed to be smoked in places like Durango, Gunnison and Pueblo. Dixie is basically irrelevant. Now then, there is no compelling reason why members of the Big Sky Conference give a fig about Dixie. And the fact that Dixie is moving to the WAC won't make Dixie more appealing. The WAC is desperately looking for anybody willing to join it; the level of suckage is immaterial. Speaking about the WAC, the only team that currently plays football is New Mexico State. None of the teams that play New Mexico State care where the Aggies are from. All they care is that New Mexico State is an easy win, and wins will help get your team a bowl game. The last time I checked, no conference is clamoring to give New Mexico State a home. So why should the Big Sky Conference give a hoot about Dixie? They prolly don't. My guess if the Big Sky were going to add a new member, they would prefer a school that brings more than a modicum of cred to the table; like, for example, Colorado Mesa. The Cows have good student enrollment, excellent facilities, a perennial winner on the football field, and very good in other sports like baseball. Dixie has noting to offer the Big Sky, but an easy win. Besides, the Big Sky already has a doormat, Northern Colorado. The conference doesn't need another weak sister.

UNALions -- respond only if you can put together a lucid logical rebuttal to the points I made. If you want to engage in mindless drivel, write a PM to Eeyore. I'm sure the two of you can amuse one another for hours, days, weeks. Plus, he's more your speed anyway. :bulgy-eyes:
                  The biggest thing working against Mesa is that the school just leases out Stocker and Suplizio from the city. Facility wise they're poorer than most of the RMAC. Academically Mesa is light-years beyond Dixie as is about every RMAC school, but the upside is higher with Dixie because of the recruiting territory. The recruiting area would be the biggest get for the Big Sky.
                  Logistically New Mexico State should have tried to get into the Mountain West. I don't know their story why they got left in the WAC for everything. They were a bowl team last year so they're capable of being ok. I would assume that they recruit Texas hard for their roster.
                  Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-04-2019, 02:34 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=mountaineermagic;2348246]
                    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    It sucks. :smile-big:[/Q

At least they've kept the program running through lean years :wink:
                    Give that edit another try.

Comment

Colorado Mesa says no to D1

https://collegead.com/colorado-mesa-university-8/

Comment

[QUOTE=Turbonium;2348273][QUOTE=mountaineermagic;2348246]

I just meant it's good that Western has kept the program. Having no USC football was probably a big factor for Western in the 90's and their success. Sorry for the reedits. I'll give you back points. excited for signing day.
                        Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-04-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Sad news from the desert. Thoughts and condolences to family and friends,

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/sp...ay/3257253002/

Comment

Saw this today on our forums:

FUTURE NORTH ALABAMA NON-CONFERENCE OPPONENTS

08/29 - Western Illinois
                            09/07 - at Montana
                            09/14 - Alabama A&M
                            09/21 - at Jacksonville State

09/03 - at Western Illinois
                            09/12 - Jacksonville State
                            09/19 - at Chattanooga
                            11/21 - at BYU

09/04 - at Southeastern Louisiana
                            09/11 - Chattanooga
                            10/30 - Dixie State
                            TBA - at Jacksonville State

09/03 - Southeastern Louisiana
                            09/17 - at Chattanooga
                            10/01 - at Memphis
                            TBA - Jacksonville State

08/31 - Chattanooga
                            10/07 - at Dixie State
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                              Saw this today on our forums:
                              I was hoping that UNA would come up to play one of the Dakota schools again.

Comment

2020 Dixie State Schedule

Sept. 5, at Southern Utah

Sept. 12, South Dakota Mines

Sept. 19, at Montana State

Sept. 26, Drake

Oct. 3, at Sacramento State

Oct. 10, at Weber State

Oct. 17, at South Dakota

Oct. 24, Azusa Pacific (Homecoming)

Nov. 7, Western Colorado

Nov. 14, at South Dakota State

Nov. 21, at Illinois State

Dixie State finalizes inaugural FCS schedule for 2020
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X