Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NSIC Volleyball

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
    I have no issue with the data nor the final rankings; I think ranking USF 6th in the last regional rankings was misleading. And this isn't the first time that the regional rankings have not correctly reflected the data. No reason to believe that USF was jumped by Central Mo swapped spots based on the final week results. I didn't look at the numbers in the third ranking release, but based on the final performance indicator numbers, Central Mo shouldn't have been ranked behind USF in last week's rankings. That said, I think volleyball performance indicator weighs second-order/pythagorean wins too much in their final value, but that is tough to separate when factoring in strength of schedule. Either way, on to basketball season...finally.
    I don't if it mattered or not but the Jennies non-con schedule included 6 teams that made the NCAA tournament. They were 4-2 in those games.

Comment

https://lopers.com/sports/2018/11/12...-regional.aspx

This regional website has live stats links, video links and audio links for the schools that broadcast volleyball.

Comment

Washburn beats Northern and becomes the second MIAA team to beat an NSIC team in the regional since the MIAA was moved to the Central region in 2012. Kearney beat Southwest in 2012.
        Last edited by Randy; 11-15-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Jennies fall to Duluth (-15,-22,-24). Made a comeback in set 1 to make it as close as 10. Blew a lead in set 2. Come back to tie set 3 at 24 but lost the next 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Jennies fall to Duluth (-15,-22,-24). Made a comeback in set 1 to make it as close as 10. Blew a lead in set 2. Come back to tie set 3 at 24 but lost the next 2 points.
            Duluth is rolling right now; I think it's a crash course for UNK & UMD due to SMSU and CSP's current health issues (Would be fun to see Reiss carry her team to a title on one leg a la Willis (Reiss?) Reed. Washbur-UMD should be fun though.

Duluth might be the most snakebit of the three NSIC powers, having never been to an Elite 8 since joining the league and missing just one regional in the past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
              Duluth is rolling right now; I think it's a crash course for UNK & UMD due to SMSU and CSP's current health issues (Would be fun to see Reiss carry her team to a title on one leg a la Willis (Reiss?) Reed. Washbur-UMD should be fun though.

Duluth might be the most snakebit of the three NSIC powers, having never been to an Elite 8 since joining the league and missing just one regional in the past 10 years.
              solid assessment on UMD - have it going

The one time UMD hosted SMSU beat them in 2014 to get to the Elite Eight (SMSU lost in the Finals to finish runner up)

Ironically, the 2 times SMSU has hosted - they didn't get out -- once as mentioned lost to UNK - but that was when Culhane had a heart attack the day before the tournament - obviously we were messed up from a team standpoint.

And last year UMD beat us on our home court.

Crazy good regional and hard to know what will happen.

Comment

The GAC just won their first regional game since joining the Central region in 2012 with Harding's 5 set win over Kearney.

Comment

The GAC just won their first regional game since joining the Central region in 2012 with Harding's 5 set win over Kearney.
                  Wow, big time upset.

Comment

Central Regional - First Round Results
                    Washburn def. Northern State (25-9, 23-25, 21-25, 25-23, 15-12)
                    Minnesota-Duluth def. Central Missouri (25-15, 25-22, 26-24)
                    Concordia-St. Paul def. Southwest Minnesota State (22-25, 25-22, 25-16, 22-25, 16-14)
                    Harding def. Nebraska-Kearney (25-21, 22-25, 21-25, 25-15, 15-9)

Semifinals - Friday, November 16
                    Washburn (30-4) vs. Minnesota-Duluth (28-5) - 5:00 p.m.
                    Harding (28-5) vs. Concordia-St. Paul (23-8) - 7:30 p.m.

Comment

This might have a big affect on attendance............

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        This might have a big affect on attendance............
                        They had a good crowd last night, 1157.

What's the over/under on the attendance for the final?

Comment

They had a good crowd last night, 1157.

What's the over/under on the attendance for the final?
                          St Cloud beat MSU in a men's basketball regional semifinal years ago. I didn't make the final of them against Augustana but I think it was a couple hundred people who showed up. I think it was Concordia who upset the host down south in a women's basketball first round regional a few years ago- pretty empty for the rest of the games after that.

Comment

Geez Kearney. bad loss.

Comment

Central Region Tournament - Semifinals
                              Washburn def. Minnesota-Duluth (26-24, 25-18, 27-25)
                              Concordia-St. Paul def. Harding (19-25, 25-14, 25-14, 25-13)

=========================

Central Region Tournament Championship

Saturday, November 17 - 6:00 p.m.

Washburn (31-4) vs. Concordia-St. Paul (24-8)

Comment

This will be the 15th time in the last 16 years Concordia-St. Paul will play for the regional title.

CSP has now won 14 straight NCAA Tournament matches and are 69-6 overall in 16 NCAA Tournament appearances.

In their 14 previous trips to the regional final, CSP has won and advance to the Elite Eight 11 times.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X