X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 NSIC Volleyball

Originally posted by laker View Post
    There are many treasure on this site.

You might even enjoy the ongoing banter of the Off Topic pointless arguments......... err, enlightened discussions.
    That board is still around? It was here before I took my hiatus and then gone when I got back. I must've been banned or something in the meantime. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      That board is still around? It was here before I took my hiatus and then gone when I got back. I must've been banned or something in the meantime. Oh well.
      Alright I wasn't crazy. I couldn't find it either. Not that I need another time filler on my hands.
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        I know, regardless, just silly. They reward USF with all those losses but punish SMSU for almost no reason at all with having wins over the countries #1 twice in a row (I think). NSU only has two losses, both to UMD in five games. CSP gets a pass on all their losses. I mean, wouldn't it be something if SMSU isnt even in the regional just because we have to let a GAC team in?

It would be one thing if the NSIC didn't have a proven track record, but they do in a big, big way.
        It looks like the committee is rewarding tough nonconference schedules. SMSU probably had the #1 non-con SOS then obviously plays in the NSIC. CSP is right behind them as they both played in the Colorado Premier, which is always stacked, and they were 15-1 in this conference before their recent slide. Northern and Duluth do not have those non-con credentials and USF has three losses to ranked teams in the non-conference and is getting help from beating Northwest Mo and playing other successful non-conference teams. That said SMSU being 8th right now is a little confusing with their non-con schedule, but I am not sure if those counted as in-region games.

The way I see it for the NSIC to get 5 teams in: MIAA goes chalk: UNK and Washburn win their semis over UCO and UCM. USF gets credit for their win over CSP and boosted regardless of outcome with match against UMD. SMSU wins NSIC tournament, and for kicks, we'll say it's over USF to just ensure they get five in. The MIAA then would likely host and get to play sacrificial lamb from the GAC.
        Last edited by Guest69; 11-07-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I know, regardless, just silly. They reward USF with all those losses but punish SMSU for almost no reason at all with having wins over the countries #1 twice in a row (I think). NSU only has two losses, both to UMD in five games. CSP gets a pass on all their losses. I mean, wouldn't it be something if SMSU isnt even in the regional just because we have to let a GAC team in?

It would be one thing if the NSIC didn't have a proven track record, but they do in a big, big way.
          Yes. They beat NSU/CSP back-to-back. Could it be that SMSU is being punished for those back-to-back losses they had against SCSU/USF about a month ago?

Taylor Reiss is the most accomplished Mustang in history - it was be a real bummer to see her career end that way, bumped from the playoffs in that fashion.

Comment

I think that you have to apply to the mods to be allowed in there. There are a few idiots on there who can't behave. They spew the same crap over and over in the political threads. I prefer the sports and humor ones.

Comment

I think that you have to apply to the mods to be allowed in there. There are a few idiots on there who can't behave. They spew the same crap over and over in the political threads. I prefer the sports and humor ones.
              Yeah, those political threads were messy. The non-political ones were usually a fun read. Good to know I wasn't banned I suppose.

Comment

I'm officially totally dumbfounded. SMSU is ranked #6 two weeks ago. Over the next 2 weekends, we went 4-0, with a win over #1 CSP. And that was following a win over #1 Northern. How in the world do we drop 2 spots, and especially get leap frogged by USF after they lost to Upper Iowa?

And don't even get me started on how CSP is still top 2. Does anyone know what's going on and who serves on this committee? Unreal.

/rant

Comment

There are many treasure on this site.

You might even enjoy the ongoing banter of the Off Topic pointless arguments......... err, enlightened discussions.
                  I think I'll hold off on that until my eyebrows grow back after being singed from the political takes this past week.

Comment

Holy cow.....most activity on the VB thread in.....well, forever.

Comment

• Re: 2018 NSIC Volleyball

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                      Holy cow.....most activity on the VB thread in.....well, forever.
                      It's kind of tucked away on the board. I'm sure there would be more activity if more people knew about it.

Comment

It's kind of tucked away on the board. I'm sure there would be more activity if more people knew about it.
                        Kind of like the baseball, hockey, soccer and softball threads............

Comment

Still blown away that CSP is ranked #2, even with the loss to USF there is still no way they will fall out completely. I guess winning a bajillion (bagillion?, bijillion?, you get it) national championships in a row is worth some forgiveness for recent losses. Unfortunately, the NSU vs. SMSU game tomorrow might very well be an elimination game for the regional tournament, which is nuts because those are 2 of the top 10 (15?) teams in the entire country!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                            Still blown away that CSP is ranked #2, even with the loss to USF there is still no way they will fall out completely. I guess winning a bajillion (bagillion?, bijillion?, you get it) national championships in a row is worth some forgiveness for recent losses. Unfortunately, the NSU vs. SMSU game tomorrow might very well be an elimination game for the regional tournament, which is nuts because those are 2 of the top 10 (15?) teams in the entire country!!!
                            Absolutely makes no sense. It's such a mess.

You think NSU was mad three years ago...if this team losses tomorrow at 26-4, ranked top ten in the country, ends up missing the regional there is going to be some insanely angry folks.

Comment

Absolutely makes no sense. It's such a mess.

You think NSU was mad three years ago...if this team losses tomorrow at 26-4, ranked top ten in the country, ends up missing the regional there is going to be some insanely angry folks.
                              Who is held accountable for this? It seems like the committee is sometimes more concerned with "balance" than they are with picking the best teams. They say that they have criteria, yet that seems to change from year to year. My knowledge is more confined to football on that account, but it happens in other sports too.

Comment

Who is held accountable for this? It seems like the committee is sometimes more concerned with "balance" than they are with picking the best teams. They say that they have criteria, yet that seems to change from year to year. My knowledge is more confined to football on that account, but it happens in other sports too.
                                I assure you the committee does not even care about national polls. It's solely about the numbers, and then, if teams are close, then it breaks down the "human element" in comparing top wins / bad losses / etc.

The biggest problem in the Central region for volleyball is that the top teams from the NSIC purposely schedule away from the MIAA/GAC top teams in the nonconference portion of the season, so unless teams meet by accident / day two at the Premier, there's never a common opponents category for the committee to use.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X